Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Re: Vision Game Engine for NGP Real-time Tech Demo

Apr 13, 2011

@ Wakefulness

what short coming did you feel was lost on the PSP Era. For me I would just say blutooth,internal memory and dual analog

@ PhantomOfPanton

yea man as they keep releasing the different series I was never like I need it I'm missing some thing with not having that model PSP. Until the PSP Go was released. It at first I was all agaisnt it. it would not use my UMD's my pro duo's were usless it was an PSP 1.5. That now looking at it was just a get ready for the NGP jump. they should have at lease released the PSP Go with dual analogs and had Socom FTB3 and other new titles use it's features and the older PSP's not be able to use it. Much like the PS1 games and how they have the controller settings setup.

psp-go-as-it-should-be.jpg

Really would this have been to difficult to costly(yea it's photo shopped obviously but still). But it is sad now....the PSP's IMHO will be getting faded out quickly now. I mean how many publishers are going to want to take the time out to code the game to work on the NGP and PSP. Cause let's face it all the control layouts for the NGP then making the control layouts for the PSP Go......don't even think about UMD especially if the game is 2gb or more. Which would mean cutting into my current storage capability that I have stated time over again you know 16gb 18 games and blah blah blah.

But I did wind up liking the PSP Go more than the old PSP's simply cause of their true portableness. Granted there are a lot of areas they slacked on....like where's my dat'gum PSP Go car charger. Yes I guess if my buddies $7k stereo system has a USB port I can charge and listen to my PSP Go's M2 that has my music. But geeee's really.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 11 of 19 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 13, 2011

No one but dang....when your NGP pulls a launch PSP and can no longer update the FW and in the case of the NGP and PSN you won't be able to access PSN with it then dang WTH.....

Some of those don't know maybe you turned a blind eye.....but the 1000 series won't update beyond 5. something....granted I still had all PSN access I did not have key apps that came in the new updates. And the reason that this is is because the hardware is out of date on tose launch PSP's. This was about a year ago I had my second 1000 and got that message the FW was not compatible with my model PSP. Then I could still access PSN IDK if that is still possible. I will find out though.

Then there is the PSP Go you may not be a blu tooth fanatic or have the need to carry around 18 PSP games Resident Evil After Life, and then 50 hours worth of music on a device as small as a phone but I do. And fell in love with that as soon as I got to know it.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 12 of 19 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Apr 13, 2011

StuByph wrote:

No one but dang....when your NGP pulls a launch PSP and can no longer update the FW and in the case of the NGP and PSN you won't be able to access PSN with it then dang WTH.....

Some of those don't know maybe you turned a blind eye.....but the 1000 series won't update beyond 5. something....granted I still had all PSN access I did not have key apps that came in the new updates. And the reason that this is is because the hardware is out of date on tose launch PSP's. This was about a year ago I had my second 1000 and got that message the FW was not compatible with my model PSP. Then I could still access PSN IDK if that is still possible. I will find out though.

Then there is the PSP Go you may not be a blu tooth fanatic or have the need to carry around 18 PSP games Resident Evil After Life, and then 50 hours worth of music on a device as small as a phone but I do. And fell in love with that as soon as I got to know it.

I had been able to access the PSN from my PSP 1k at last check. I had not checked back in a very long time.

The RAM was the main problem behind the other update exclusivity on the PSP 3k and N1000 (PSP GO). I was perfectly fine with the things I had and did not feel too left out fromthe software apps the other PSP models had. I remember some sort of music thing being exclusive to other versions, I can't remember. I play music on my PSP 1k just fine though.

As far as the PSP goes, it was really good. The games, multimedia and even some network features are still terrific and hold up. The Network connectivity definitly is going to be better on the NGP with wifi b/g/n, 3G and PSN connected features like NEAR and trophies. That was one of the vast improvements I think Sony made with the NGP.

Message 13 of 19 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8176 posts

Apr 13, 2011

Wakefulness wrote:

I had been able to access the PSN from my PSP 1k at last check. I had not checked back in a very long time.

My retired 1000 is currently running 6.38 with no problems, other than the lack of extra bells and whistles like Skype.

Message 14 of 19 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 13, 2011

@ Wakefulness   Doppelgangergang

well that is good to know I will get hold of this 1000 and check it out as well. I just know around 2 years ago it told me that my PSP could not update to the new 6. something FW cause of hardware compatibility.....

Since I do know that there are two versions of 6.38 one for my 2001 and my N1001 model PSP's....I can get behind there being a third version or fourth take in consideration the 1000 and 3000.....5th and 6th because the 2000 and the N1000 models.....(gives Captain Jack Sparrow look)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 15 of 19 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Apr 13, 2011

Ahhh I plan on getting the NGP day 1, the wi-fi model anyway, so I guess I will already have the "obsolete" version on day 1

It would be awesome if the 3G was free, but I guess that won't happen D:

Message 16 of 19 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 14, 2011

Thats why I will be doing the Xperia NGP experience my self. I feel that there will be some good master sub typse of deal if you have the Xperia phone service and a NGP with 3G.

Phantom don't sell your self short go 3G.....cause in the end if a 3G plan works to your liking you will have the 3G NGP already and you'll be golden. Would you really wanna kick your self in the but later if you find out that Verizon and or aT&T had a plan that if you have the Xperia Play and a NGP that the NGP's 3G feature would be supported with just $5 extra to your current phone bill?

Not saying that is the case but I have faith that they will do something of the such just to increase sells for the two.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 17 of 19 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Apr 14, 2011

The NGP has been rumored to arrive this year. Not sure about the 3G version. I sure hope for a simultanues launch of the 3G and wifi only model. If Sony decides to launch the wifi only model first or even the 3G model first in the US, I will be very happy to see it arrive early in the US. I will buy the 3G version.

Message 18 of 19 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 14, 2011

ahhh that worries me I refuse to get any thing but the 3G model if the wifi comes out first strictly I will wait to get the 3G one....

I actually need to hit up my game stop and tell them that I want the 3G model not the wifi only I have yet to do so since I have found out this info around these forums.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 19 of 19 (11 Views)
0 Likes