Highlighted
Apr 13 2011
By: Wakefulness I Only Post Everything 1306 posts

Vision Game Engine for NGP Real-time Tech Demo

18 replies 33 views Edited Apr 13, 2011

From Trinigyinc,

This video shows a scene creating in the Vision Game Engine running in real time on the NGP. The demo is designed to highlight some of the features that will be available on the NGP version of the game engine, including:

- NGP-specific shader optimizations

- Glare effects and postprocessing

- Static and dynamic lighting with volumetric lights

- NGP-optimized, multi-threaded architecture

Message 1 of 19 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8180 posts

Re: Vision Game Engine for NGP Real-time Tech Demo

Apr 13, 2011

You know what sucks?

My main laptop computer can't even render that quality in NFS Carbon and keep a steady framerate.

Message 2 of 19 (33 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Apr 13, 2011

The NGP is really powerful. Looking at the textures I am sort of wondering if the NGP will really come with 1GB of RAM.

Than, not only will the NGP have a Quad Core CPU a Quad Core GPU and an OLED display but, 1GB of RAM.

Oh yeah, the NGP's OLED moniter will make those blacks and the color of the video really pop. It will be at least 9x the contrast anyone waching that video would experience. I was watching a video on the OLED and it was pretty interesting,

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/12/sony-keeps-oled-hope-alive-with-budget-monitor-line-video/

Sony wont be using their best of the best OLED tech in th NGP -presumably - however, a descent OLED would still offer much better blacks, contrast and vibrant colors than an LCD an on any given day. I can't wait to see it myself.

Message 3 of 19 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Apr 13, 2011

Very impressive, but I have seen more impressive NGP tech demos

The unreal engine tech demo was AMAZING.

And there were tons of other awesome real time cutscenes running on the NGP that looked to be on par with the PS3!

Seeing that city makes me think of inFamous, inFamous NGP PLEASE

Message 4 of 19 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 13, 2011

Well I'm not surprised they said at the Tokyo Show that developers can basically use the PS3 shader graphics whatever to make the NGP games with out a hitch to the point that that is just what they will do and it makes making games on the NGP easier....So I plan on having our PS1 PS2 re releases remastereds and NGP exclusives and our PS3 Ported NGP games with that statement. You all did see the Tokyo coverage right...of course you all did what am I saying

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 5 of 19 (33 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Apr 13, 2011

StuByph wrote:

Well I'm not surprised they said at the Tokyo Show that developers can basically use the PS3 shader graphics whatever to make the NGP games with out a hitch to the point that that is just what they will do and it makes making games on the NGP easier....So I plan on having our PS1 PS2 re releases remastereds and NGP exclusives and our PS3 Ported NGP games with that statement. You all did see the Tokyo coverage right...of course you all did what am I saying

It is not so much people's expectations but, the reality that is this demo which is significant.

If that tech demo was indeed just put together and with other tech demo's at Tokyo said to have been created with one weeks notice, E3 should have it's fair share of playable games. It's actually seeing these products come out - not just being talked about - that should get people really hyped up.

BTW, the NGP is way more popular than the PSP section now. As Bob Dylan once wrote,

You know it.

Message 6 of 19 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 13, 2011

Well as long as the times for the NGP change slow let my NGP go for 5 years before another model is released unlike the 4 differnt PSP series over 5 years. This is the only thing that plagues me about the NGP.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 7 of 19 (33 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Apr 13, 2011

I have had the PSP-1000 and only the PSP for large amounts of gaming. I still use it.

I only really look forward to the NGP because of that state of mind of looking forward to see if Sony fixed some of the PSP's shortcomings. The PSP was near-perfect but, the NGP will really close that gap.

Message 8 of 19 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Apr 13, 2011

StuByph wrote:

Well as long as the times for the NGP change slow let my NGP go for 5 years before another model is released unlike the 4 differnt PSP series over 5 years. This is the only thing that plagues me about the NGP.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

YES.

I hope Sony doesn't release new models...all I want is one with wi-fi, and one with wif-fi and 3G.

I don't want tons of models D:

Message 9 of 19 (33 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Apr 13, 2011

PhantomOfPanton wrote:

StuByph wrote:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

YES.

I hope Sony doesn't release new models...all I want is one with wi-fi, and one with wif-fi and 3G.

I don't want tons of models D:

Who is obligating you to buy all those extra models?

Message 10 of 19 (33 Views)
0 Likes