Jun 19 2013
By: VLeclerc First Son 5 posts

Videogame project help.

10 replies 85 views Edited Jun 19, 2013

Hello.

I'm a 16 year old artist from Windsor, Quebec. For almost a year, I have a huge project : making a great videogame. I had all the ideas and the concepts but I have a problem : as you can notice, I'm still minor. What can I do if, even if I'm minor, I really want to create a videogame with the collaboration of a game franchise?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 11 (85 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13410 posts

Re: Videogame project help.

Jun 19, 2013

Keep working on and perfecting it for another 2 years until you're legally an adult.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 11 (76 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 19, 2013

aww... but I elaborated it for a long time already, I dunno if i'll be able to wait that long. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 11 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 19, 2013
Can you program, are you familiar with architecture, are you Microsoft office qualified?
我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 4 of 11 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8196 posts

Jun 19, 2013
Use the two years to start brushing up on programming. You'll need it.
Message 5 of 11 (67 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 19, 2013

No, I can't. I'm not that used with computers and even there, my PC doesn't allows me to have these programs. Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 11 (64 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 19, 2013

I'm not used with any programs yet.

Message 7 of 11 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 19, 2013

VLeclerc wrote:

No, I can't. I'm not that used with computers and even there, my PC doesn't allows me to have these programs. Smiley Sad

If you have any kinda of PC you can practice coding on it. As for SDK's a mid range PC is recommended. Start with Unreal Engine 3 Free SDK or Valve Source Engine if you have any PC games that use it. PS has a free SDK for PSP/PSVita/mobile that you can use as well.

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 8 of 11 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1804 posts

Re: Videogame Project Help.

Jun 19, 2013

I'm basically in the same Boat you are... The difference is that I know how to do a lot of this stuff already, my problem is that i've no money to put into it, ~_~

And my Job pays crap twards it, lOl...

Even though I know Gamming Programs such as these are not a great way to start out... I still use these until something better comes along...

If you get MUGEN for PC, it is Free, & you can make your own Fighting Games in Hi-Def Quality...
There is no Online which is the real only down fall...

The PC RPG Maker Series can allow you to make anything from RPG's to FPS to Arcade style Games...
It supports Online, too...

Again, these aren't your best Programs, but they are a nice Start...

Plus, they might help with your Programming Skills a bit, no?

------------------------------

I know the Game is totally out dated by now, but there was an FPS Horror Game that would help you out a great deal, however it's Quite old by now...

FEAR 1: Director's Cut, it came Free with like 10 Programs that you can use to make an FPS Game with... @_@

-----------------------------

If you want to build your own Game Making Tools using a Programming Program, however...
Your looking at a lot of money... As those Programs are not Cheap... @_@

There is a Program on the PS Store called... Move.me
This will let you build your own Move style Games for the PS3, if your ever interested in building Games like that...

However, your inexperienced with Programming, & it does cost $100 to Purchase... @_@

---------------------------

The nice thing about MUGEN & RPG Maker is that your PC doesn't Require much for them to work, but that is also why they are quite older programs, although at least they'll teach you a little bit about Programming... ^_^

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 9 of 11 (47 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: Videogame Project Help.

Jun 19, 2013

Thanks for the tip, but I surely doesn't have the time nor the money to make everything all by myself... this is why I would like to collaborate with a franchise.

Message 10 of 11 (42 Views)
0 Likes