Jan 29 2013
By: Murderstyle75 Keyblade Wielder 10137 posts

Veteran Rare developer joins Sony

8 replies 98 views Edited Jan 29, 2013
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-28-rare-veteran-george-andreas-leaves-microsoft-for-sony

Rare veteran George Andreas has left Microsoft to join Sony.

Andreas, who played a key role in the development of the Kinect hardware, Kinect Sports 1 and Kinect Sports: Season 2 as well as Xbox 360 launch games Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero, joined Sony this month as creative director of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, working out of SCEE's London office.

During his 16 years at Rare he worked on most of the legendary studio's games, including various Banjo titles, Viva Pinata and, going back to Rare's Nintendo years, Donkey Kong 64, GoldenEye and Killer Instinct Gold.
Message 1 of 9 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Re: Veteran Rare developer joins Sony

Jan 29, 2013
I bet you hes a spy... but if he isnt yay
FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 2 of 9 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

Jan 29, 2013
Actually there has always been bad blood between Microsoft and the original staff. Projects being turned down one after another while being forced to develop Kinect games, etc. most of these guys didnt want any part of Microsoft to begin with.
Message 3 of 9 (93 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

Jan 29, 2013
Hmm. I kind of thought this thread would have seen more than one reply.
Message 4 of 9 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Jan 29, 2013
Me to...
FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 5 of 9 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7024 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-28-rare-veteran-george-andreas-leaves-microsoft-for-sony

Rare veteran George Andreas has left Microsoft to join Sony.

Andreas, who played a key role in the development of the Kinect hardware, Kinect Sports 1 and Kinect Sports: Season 2 as well as Xbox 360 launch games Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero, joined Sony this month as creative director of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, working out of SCEE's London office.

During his 16 years at Rare he worked on most of the legendary studio's games, including various Banjo titles, Viva Pinata and, going back to Rare's Nintendo years, Donkey Kong 64, GoldenEye and Killer Instinct Gold.

lol  you know  phil harrison s over there now on  xbox.  Might have been a swap.  Im just joking, but phil is really over there..

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 6 of 9 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
426 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Rareware used to be the big game developer back in the day. now if only sony can get their hands on the legal rights to rare games.

Perfect Dark for N64 was the best game i've ever played. PD' Zero lacked the fun the first one had...i spent an entire decade shooting Speed Bots and Perfect Sims.

Donky Kong 64 was a big title that used the expansion pack (this is where i got mine)

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 7 of 9 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

Jan 30, 2013
Unfortunately Microsoft probably owns these rights since they own Rare even if they are primarily a generic company now. I do know however that there were more than a few games that Rare wanted to bring to the 360 but Microsoft kept shooting them down in favor of Kinect development. Perhaps we can see some of those ideas come to the Platstation platform and maybe even more of their founding talent who left previously, head this way.
Message 8 of 9 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
426 posts

Jan 30, 2013

They do. But all legal copyrights and trademarks expire and have to be renewed over time... hopefully microsoft will drop the ball and sony can pick it up

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 9 of 9 (46 Views)
0 Likes