First Son
5 posts

Re: Very Excited but decided NOT to buy PSP Vita Heres Why.

Jan 28, 2012

I think the PS Vita would be good but I don't think a touchscreen would be good for the OLED screen.The games might not be as good except Uncharted:Golden Abyss but even Uncharted:Golden Abyss wouldn't be as good as Uncharted 2 or Uncharted 3. I say that PS3 is better. I think that as a handheld it's impressive but it wouldn't be impressive if it was a console like the PS3. I wouldn't say it's the best. Even the games wouldn't be that good. I guess the PS Vita could be good. I suggest you get a PS3 if you don't travel as much. I suggest a PS Vita to people who want a handheld and don't stay at home much. I don't like touchscreens as much when playing games except some of games I play on the DS because it's two screens and you're not smudging the screen you see the gameplay through. Though at the same time it' annoying with touchscreens. Even on the Ipod Touch which is an impressive system it's harder at times when you have no controllers to use but not many people get an Ipod Touch just because of games. PS Vita wasn't a big sucess in Japan but it did good.

Message 21 of 26 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Jan 28, 2012

a) Have you played UC GA?

b) Why are you comparing a handheld to a console?

c) Don't be nasty. Wash your hands.

Message 22 of 26 (28 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Jan 29, 2012

MuffynTop wrote:

#1. No Gorilla Glass (seriously not even an oleophbic coating to reduce smudges)

#2. No HDMI Out (this was the deal breaker for me)

#3. Battery life (not replaceable battery) Lithion Ion checmically dgreades even under perfect care in 1 year 100% will only be 80% and goes down hill from that.

Overall I am really looking forward to the Vita Slim, when they switch to a 32nm or 22nm CPU die which will siginifcantly improve the battery life. Or at least add in Gorilla Glass 2.

Just use and external battery because battery technology is not speeding up as fast as computer chips and that is the real issue. Also, check out 3M's "Vikuiti" screen films because they are made of Oleophobic material. If you have the dimensions for the PS Vita screen, you can use and exacto knife and a sharpie to measure and cut out the PS Vita screen dimensions from a larger filment. As for HDMI out, there are not going to be any games which would use such a feature so such an I/O connection is not 100% catered to the HDMI-out (from PS Vita) dynamic.

There is no use in waiting for minor features when they can all be fixed. There is also no use in waiting for a revision to fix minor device flaws when precautionary measure can be taken by the owner in order to prevent any damage or degradation in product value/worth.

Message 23 of 26 (28 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Jan 29, 2012

MuffynTop wrote:

To All the people saying HDMI out is Pointless, watch in a year or 2 when Sony releases the VITA SLIM, and has HDMI out it will be seen as a Glorious achievement.

Why the VITA NEED HDMI Out, with its CPU and GPU combines, the VITA is easily capable of 1080p 3D output. MEaning if I rent a movie or even put a Bluray movie on my Vita I should be able to Display that Video if I am on teh go in a hotel room (no need to pay again to watch a movie) on the big screen.

No matter which way you slice it HDMI out Is a deal Breaker I could over look the battery life and screen that is scratchable. But No HDMI Out. Means Sony I am keeping my $400.

Oh and No HTML 5 or FLASH Supprt Means no useable Websurfing and no YOUTUBE. So Until these things are fixed The is ZERO Reason to buy one of these poorly design units. Its just not ready yet.

And $249.99 + $100 (32GB Memory Card) ($60 for 16GB) +$19.99 screen protector + $19.99 Case +$49.99 1 Game.

Thats

$439.99 + Sales Tax 7% in FL = $30.79 = $470.98  Sorry Guys I'd rather buy an snApple eyePad 3.

It appears you are not purchasing a PS Vita for games, instead stating you would like to use the PS Vita as an HDMI "hub" for watching Netflix movies. You also mentioned about delaying your PS Vita purchase due to the web browser.

What you forget to compare these features found in tablets and smartphones to is the games the PS Vita will still have a AAA launch game in Uncharted Golden Abyss and many other titles available for download and/or available for retail purchase.

As a consumer, overlooking the PS Vita because it currently does not have certain I/O technology or minor (non-gaming) related software tweaks is not very wise. Then again, it is up to said consumer to support and advance what they enjoy.

Message 24 of 26 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Jan 29, 2012

You don't have to buy it if Vita doesn't have any features you wanted. HDMI out sounds nice, but that would make it more expensive to afford. I'll stick with small screen for now.

There are several ways to improve battery life, sure, if there's only one flaw we could point at, it's the battery. To me, it's not a big deal really.

Scratch resistant screen? Gorilla Glass? I didn't know there is such thing existed. Again, that'll make the device more expensive than ever.

Message 25 of 26 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Jan 29, 2012

Those are really stupid reasons for your decision.. lol

Message 26 of 26 (28 Views)
0 Likes