Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Re: Very Excited but decided NOT to buy PSP Vita Heres Why.

Jan 28, 2012

To All the people saying HDMI out is Pointless, watch in a year or 2 when Sony releases the VITA SLIM, and has HDMI out it will be seen as a Glorious achievement.

Why the VITA NEED HDMI Out, with its CPU and GPU combines, the VITA is easily capable of 1080p 3D output. MEaning if I rent a movie or even put a Bluray movie on my Vita I should be able to Display that Video if I am on teh go in a hotel room (no need to pay again to watch a movie) on the big screen.

No matter which way you slice it HDMI out Is a deal Breaker I could over look the battery life and screen that is scratchable. But No HDMI Out. Means Sony I am keeping my $400.

Oh and No HTML 5 or FLASH Supprt Means no useable Websurfing and no YOUTUBE. So Until these things are fixed The is ZERO Reason to buy one of these poorly design units. Its just not ready yet.

And $249.99 + $100 (32GB Memory Card) ($60 for 16GB) +$19.99 screen protector + $19.99 Case +$49.99 1 Game.

Thats

$439.99 + Sales Tax 7% in FL = $30.79 = $470.98  Sorry Guys I'd rather buy an Apple iPad 3.

Message 11 of 26 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11693 posts

Jan 28, 2012

MuffynTop wrote:

To All the people saying HDMI out is Pointless, watch in a year or 2 when Sony releases the VITA SLIM, and has HDMI out it will be seen as a Glorious achievement.

Why the VITA NEED HDMI Out, with its CPU and GPU combines, the VITA is easily capable of 1080p 3D output. MEaning if I rent a movie or even put a Bluray movie on my Vita I should be able to Display that Video if I am on teh go in a hotel room (no need to pay again to watch a movie) on the big screen.

No matter which way you slice it HDMI out Is a deal Breaker I could over look the battery life and screen that is scratchable. But No HDMI Out. Means Sony I am keeping my $400.

Oh and No HTML 5 or FLASH Supprt Means no useable Websurfing and no YOUTUBE. So Until these things are fixed The is ZERO Reason to buy one of these poorly design units. Its just not ready yet.

And $249.99 + $100 (32GB Memory Card) ($60 for 16GB) +$19.99 screen protector + $19.99 Case +$49.99 1 Game.

Thats

$439.99 + Sales Tax 7% in FL = $30.79 = $470.98  Sorry Guys I'd rather buy an Apple iPad 3.

blame no flash support on the fact that adobe decided to no longer work on flash for mobile devices...   i remember  reading somewhere that sony did try to get flash support for it....   as of youtube all that is needed to do is get a program made to allow you to watch youtube videos... if the japan model has a program that allows its users to access a japanese service simular to youtube i dont see why a youtube app for vita cannot be done.

and big deal no hdmi out,   the thing dont even support video out like some of the psps could  

>

Message 12 of 26 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Jan 28, 2012

You can keep dreaming. If Sony wanted to include HDMI out they would have done it from the beginning. There won't be a revised edition with it included as it does not make sense to have it as a feature and it's not something Sony wants either. As far as they are concerned its a self contained system relying on front and rear touch, motion sensing and augmented reality features none of which will work well with using an external display. HD movies is not a priority or focus for them on the Vita either with games and social interactivity being the main ones. In short don't expect HDMI to be included as its never going to happen. You don't give any valid reasons not to buy a Vita and it will be your loss.

Message 13 of 26 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Jan 28, 2012

Than you can keep your $400 and hold off while we buy our vita and enjoy it. Simple as that. We dont care about your opinions and why you are not going to get it.

Message 14 of 26 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Jan 28, 2012

MuffynTop wrote:

#1. No Gorilla Glass (seriously not even an oleophbic coating to reduce smudges)

#2. No HDMI Out (this was the deal breaker for me)

#3. Battery life (not replaceable battery) Lithion Ion checmically dgreades even under perfect care in 1 year 100% will only be 80% and goes down hill from that.

Overall I am really looking forward to the Vita Slim, when they switch to a 32nm or 22nm CPU die which will siginifcantly improve the battery life. Or at least add in Gorilla Glass 2.

These aren't deal breakers for me as I am careful with my stuff, do not feel the need to hook to a big screen, and can live with that battery life.

Message 15 of 26 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Jan 28, 2012

MuffynTop wrote:

Thats

Ok from what I see here you just want a ps3 that you can bring to a hotel. I don't get it. It has HTML5 and flash. It doesn't have HTML5 video and it cant play flv. These can easily be patched in, sony heard the thousands of people complaining about no youtube on the psp, this is a modern system and all software issues can be fixed.

As for the price, you need to have some strategy. Heres mine: (1) Get the psvita day one when it has all the deals and such, in Canada I can get a whole 100$ off if I trade my psp. In the US you can get 25$ off. (2) If you don't want to spend $470.98 all in one go, then get a 16gb memory card first, then when you get more money, get another 16gb card. Accessories can be bought later too. Buy a game on the psn and get a discount.*

224.99 (w/U.S discount) + 19.99 (screen protector) + 29.99 - 49.99 1 game + 60$ on a memory card.

= 334.96 - 354.96 with us discount

= 382.81 - 405.61 with tax

Later when you get more cash you add on another 60$ and you still have almost 6$ less than the price you stated

Message 16 of 26 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jan 28, 2012

It actually does have HTML5. Not HTML5 Video, but whatever. That can be patched in later. No Flash because Adobe dropped mobile Flash support.

Muffyntop, if you want to wait, that's your choice. If you don't want to buy it, whatever, your choice. At the moment, however, I think you're just nitpicking at any singular flaw you can possibly find trying to talk yourself out of buying it. It's not our job to referee the war between your subconscious and your conscious minds. No one cares what you think. We'll just say we told you so when you finally do buy it (and I know you will) and find out just how amazing it is. And while we're playing our Vitas on day 1, you can sit in a dark corner and cry to Sony about every little thing and the kitchen sink you want added to the Vita. While you're at it, why not ask them for that toaster on the PS3 we still don't have.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 17 of 26 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

Jan 28, 2012

Shadelon wrote:

It actually does have HTML5. Not HTML5 Video, but whatever. That can be patched in later. No Flash because Adobe dropped mobile Flash support.

Muffyntop, if you want to wait, that's your choice. If you don't want to buy it, whatever, your choice. At the moment, however, I think you're just nitpicking at any singular flaw you can possibly find trying to talk yourself out of buying it. It's not our job to referee the war between your subconscious and your conscious minds. No one cares what you think. We'll just say we told you so when you finally do buy it (and I know you will) and find out just how amazing it is. And while we're playing our Vitas on day 1, you can sit in a dark corner and cry to Sony about every little thing and the kitchen sink you want added to the Vita. While you're at it, why not ask them for that toaster on the PS3 we still don't have.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD

Yah  What  HE SAID AND BACK AT YA.

The only gamer that's never played a game.
Message 18 of 26 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

Jan 28, 2012

I would like to make a few notes about the Flash thing, like said FLASH was dropped by adobe for mobile devices, so yeah... Apple was right for once. On this note, Youtube & most sites you would care to visit are switching to HTML5 Formats, they said this was the browser configuration "for now" meaning, its going to change eventually. As for its functionality, Skype & Netflix are on its way for a launch & that doesnt mean it will be the last of it. We could even see a Instant messaging (aim/msn/etc) app sooner or later. HDMI out is moot, as you can use your PS3 (Just share the content or plug the vita into the PS3 sooo simple). And unless you abuse your device gorilla glass isnt needed, hey OP did you know your precious Ipads & iphones DONT USE GORILLA GLASS!? -Gasp- see?

Message 19 of 26 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Jan 28, 2012

Umm.. so don't get one?

Message 20 of 26 (20 Views)
0 Likes