Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 23 2014
By: jason8102 First Son 4 posts

Venting About PS4 & PSN

[ Edited ]
9 replies 301 views Edited Jan 23, 2014

Sony Playsation.  Can you give us some hard dates on some new games for the NEW system we all purchased?  How about dates we can play some of the PS3 games that we still all own.   I'm getting real bored with what you are posting on the PSN for us.  Pinball?  Don't Starve? Doki Doki?  Come on!!  You have this new power house of a system and nothing new for it yet.   Why did I upgrade?  Why did I spend the $500.....oh so I can play Killzone, COD, NFS, and DC Universe over and over and over again.......since November!  I can't even put in a PS3 game and play the darn thing.  A couple months before the new system came out I bought Diablo.....nope can't even play that.  I spent $300 on a PX5 headset and I can't even use that to chat. on the new PS4.  Why!!!???  I would never go with Xbox, that just isn't going to ever happen.  But I must say I'm a little disappointed that I picked up the PS4 so early.  I just should've waited another year instead of getting it so soon.

--

Meowstro Edit: Please note that the 'Games and Platforms' label should only be used for specific official [INFO] game-centric threads. More information about Labels.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10197 posts

Re: VENTING ABOUT PS4 AND PSN

Jan 23, 2014
There's 2 games coming out really soon that will keep you busy, if you're into it
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (292 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5448 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2014

jason8102 wrote:

Sony Playsation.  Can you give us some hard dates on some new games for the NEW system we all purchased?  How about dates we can play some of the PS3 games that we still all own.   I'm getting real bored with what you are posting on the PSN for us.  Pinball?  Don't Starve? Doki Doki?  Come on!!  You have this new power house of a system and nothing new for it yet.   Why did I upgrade?  Why did I spend the $500.....oh so I can play Killzone, COD, NFS, and DC Universe over and over and over again.......since November!  I can't even put in a PS3 game and play the darn thing.  A couple months before the new system came out I bought Diablo.....nope can't even play that.  I spent $300 on a PX5 headset and I can't even use that to chat. on the new PS4.  Why!!!???  I would never go with Xbox, that just isn't going to ever happen.  But I must say I'm a little disappointed that I picked up the PS4 so early.  I just should've waited another year instead of getting it so soon.

Square Enix
January 28, 2014

Action , Adventure
Warner Bros. Interactive
February 7, 2014

Thief PS4

Adventure , Adventure
Square Enix
February 25, 2014

Platformer
Ubisoft
February 25, 2014

Konami
March 18, 2014

There's a few games there.  The rest on this list do not have definitive dates.

http://www.ign.com/games/upcoming/ps4

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (287 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 23, 2014

Tomb Raider...all ready played on PC, Lego Movie game....how many of those do we need to play..LOL, Thief....looks good,  Metal Gear, for me I would pass on.  They've brought us Warframe and Don't Starve....both of which are PC games...they need to do more of this.   They need to give us patches so we can play some of the newer PS3 games that we all ready own.  If they can do that for AC, COD ghosts, Battlefield.....why not the other PS3 games?

Since I'm on the venting rag today....

1.) How come I can't justifiy where my camera is placed in my Twitch feed?  Needs to be able to move around the screen depening on where stuff is..

2.) How come I cannot control my Camera's mic volume so I don't sound so loud on the other end?

3.) The camera should've come wtih a zoom in and out feature for Twitch broadcasts as well, since I play at a desk.

4.) Like I said earlier, fix it so the people that bought $300 headsets can use the **bleep** things with the PS4.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (264 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5448 posts

Jan 23, 2014

jason8102 wrote:

Tomb Raider...all ready played on PC, Lego Movie game....how many of those do we need to play..LOL, Thief....looks good,  Metal Gear, for me I would pass on.  They've brought us Warframe and Don't Starve....both of which are PC games...they need to do more of this.   They need to give us patches so we can play some of the newer PS3 games that we all ready own.  If they can do that for AC, COD ghosts, Battlefield.....why not the other PS3 games?

Since I'm on the venting rag today....

1.) How come I can't justifiy where my camera is placed in my Twitch feed?  Needs to be able to move around the screen depening on where stuff is..

2.) How come I cannot control my Camera's mic volume so I don't sound so loud on the other end?

3.) The camera should've come wtih a zoom in and out feature for Twitch broadcasts as well, since I play at a desk.

4.) Like I said earlier, fix it so the people that bought $300 headsets can use the **bleep** things with the PS4.

Backwards compatibility cannot be patched it - it's a hardware issue, and not one that can be resolved. PlayStation Now is a good alternative, but, if you want to play PS3 discs, you need a PS3.

1. I agree.
  2. I also agree.
  3. I agree a third time.
  4. I agree in totality.

Here's a thread where all these ideas (and more) feel right at home:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PS4-Update-Wishlist/m-p/42442285/highligh...

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (259 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11074 posts

Jan 23, 2014

That's the problem. In knowing what the extent of the launch games for the PlayStation 4 would be before those games hit, you would realize that the games available for the PlayStation 4 launch period would for the most part be the majority from November until February at the earliest. Given that PlayStation 3 games were also said to not be eligible for backwards compatibility on the PlayStation 4, that only lessens the amount of games you could be playing now if you decided to chuck your system.

The good news, however, is that given time, patience, and understanding, the PlayStation 4 software library will increase eventually. It won't happen right away. Lightning will not strike and make games magically appear. You have to play what you have now until new titles start to appear. That's the way the lifecycle of every gaming console works.

In February, Plus members will be getting Outlast for free. In March PlayStation 4 gamers will be able to pick up some anticipated releases such as Infamous: Second Son, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, and if you like baseball then the next MLB game should be hitting around that time too. Like Tomb Raider? The Definitive Edition of last year's entry is being upgraded (or in this case ported) to PlayStation 4 playability next week. If you didn't think the launch titles would tide you over for months to come, then naturally waiting to buy the system would have increased the amount of titles... but at the same time you would be a year-late or more to the party depending on when you climbed aboard the PlayStation 4 Express.

Your best option for the time being would be returning to the PlayStation 3 if you still have it, and have some games you would like to spend time playing. Otherwise, give some other PlayStation 4 games a shot you might not have yet. There's stuff like Call of Duty: Ghosts, Knack, Just Dance 2014, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, and maybe some other games that could potentially eat up your time until the next big thing comes out for you.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (255 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8123 posts

Jan 23, 2014

jason8102 wrote:

They need to give us patches so we can play some of the newer PS3 games that we all ready own.  If they can do that for AC, COD ghosts, Battlefield.....why not the other PS3 games?

ACIV, COD and BF4, those are PS4 games that play on the PS4, not the PS3 version.  In the case of all three games, they were graphically revamped and upgraded to the newer hardware.

Games that are available exclusively on the PS3 will not ever be able to play on the PS4 (the software is incompatible with the hardware).  Playstation Now will allow you to play select older games on the PS4.

Besides, I though you wanted NEW games, not to replay OLD games over and over (as you complained about in the OP).

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (243 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15468 posts

Jan 23, 2014

Why?

Because you didn't do much research.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (236 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 23, 2014

Because I didn't do much research....well I guess you get the winner for the best repsonse.  It isn't to late to head back to school to get your GED.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (210 Views)
Splicer
50 posts

Re: Venting About PS4 & PSN

Jan 23, 2014

jason8102 wrote:

--

Meowstro Edit: Please note that the 'Games and Platforms' label should only be used for specific official [INFO] game-centric threads. More information about Labels.

I'll have to agree with gR3yGh051you might have done some more research. I'm not sure how familiar you are with console launches, but there is nothing out of the ordinary here. There are a handfull of titles at launch and they are announced before the console launches. Also, Sony doesn't give game launch dates necessarily that is up to the game developers and companies. With that being said I would suggest checking out games like AC4 and Knack which are more big title games rather than indie games that you seem to have a distaste for. As far as playing your PS3 games, again, it was clear before the PS4 launch that the console  would not have backwards compatibility. Be patient my friend, PS Now will fix your backwards compatiblility problem and there are some great games coming I assure you.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (187 Views)
0 Likes