Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 03 2012
By: stepheng169 First Son 2 posts

VERY URGET PEASE READ SONY

7 replies 291 views Edited Oct 3, 2012
You people have decided to ban cfw ps3's from signing in on Psn...the problem here is I was uploading pictures and my friend uploaded the wrong thing and got my ps3 stuck in demo mode..my family is poor my mom is single haven't met my dad and I'm 16..and my mom has no job so I can't get a new ps3...could you please take the ban off other people might have the same issue please have some consideration...
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (291 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29012 posts

Re: VERY URGET PEASE READ SONY

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

stepheng169 wrote:
You people have decided to ban cfw ps3's from signing in on Psn...the problem here is I was uploading pictures and my friend uploaded the wrong thing and got my ps3 stuck in demo mode..my family is poor my mom is single haven't met my dad and I'm 16..and my mom has no job so I can't get a new ps3...could you please take the ban off other people might have the same issue please have some consideration...

Welcome to the PlayStation Community!

Oh dear!

Cfw PS3's are not banned at all, they simply cannot log onto PSN because in your wisdom your so called friend decided to download unofficial software to your PS3, you should be blaming your 'friend" for this not Sony, who did absolutely nothing wrong!

By the way pleading on here will get you no where, Sony does not read nor reply to any posts on these Forums.

Have you tried updating your PS3 to 4.25?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (280 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5250 posts

Oct 3, 2012
Sob stories won't get your console unbanned.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (269 Views)
MVP Support
18665 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Did you take the time to read what you typed?  In the case you are not making this story up, moreover, that you are not the so called "my friend" who likes to upload the wrong thing without the owner's permission; I will highlight the one and only person you should be confronting about this.

stepheng169 wrote:

So who is to be blame you or your friend?

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (258 Views)
Survivor
2607 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Something about your story sounds fishy. First off, how does "uploading pictures" get to your PS3 stuck in "demo mode"? Plus last time I checked the "uploaded the wrong thing" implies that data is being sent from the PS3 to some servers on the internet, not the other way around. I'm thinking "your friend" knew very well what he was doing and now in an attempt to fix "his" mistakes made up a story about "uploading the wrong thing" to cover "his" tracks.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (251 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 4, 2012
Becuz he's a hacker and clicked the wrong file instead of a movie
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (202 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18665 posts

Oct 4, 2012

stepheng169 wrote:
Becuz he's a hacker and clicked the wrong file instead of a movie

You know there is a big difference between: Loading & installing a CFW & copying a movie file from an external source and playing it on the PS3.

Ask him to fix your PS3.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

Couldn't he just go into system settings and select "Restore PS3 Settings"? Would that fix this particular problem or does Sony ban MAC addresses of PS3's that had CFW? Also, would it even have an affect? Does FW stay installed during that restore?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (148 Views)
0 Likes