May 08 2013
By: ossiecastro5 Ghost of Sparta 13569 posts

Using the old Playstation Store?

20 replies 400 views Edited May 8, 2013

I am generally confused now.

When I go onto the PS Store via XMB menu, it is the new one.

But when I access the store through a game (I am doing that now with Sleeping Dogs), it has the format and display of the old PS Store than everyone used to know and love.

Can anyone answer his: Why are these formats different? I am now dipleased with the new Store. I am just curious why there are two versions when accesed in these methods.

Message 1 of 21 (400 Views)
MVP Support
1118 posts

Re: Using the old Playstation Store?

May 8, 2013
I believe the reason why is because it was maybe never updated with games. I too have seen this.

MVP Support Banner.jpg

Message 2 of 21 (396 Views)
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

May 8, 2013

I wish we could use the old PS store, I love the way the new one looks but it doesn't run very well.

----------------------------------------------------------
Joshua Mobley: Internet Media Guy / Comic Book Writer / Podcast & Show Host / Founder of VGU.TV & Rocket Man Publishing LLC

Tumblr Blog: "Josh Likes Games." | Twitter
Message 3 of 21 (387 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

May 8, 2013

I still don't get they didn't change this with games. Why change something if it is not completely done?

Message 4 of 21 (383 Views)
MVP Support
9293 posts

May 9, 2013

ossiecastro5 wrote:

I still don't get they didn't change this with games. Why change something if it is not completely done?

That's a question we can't really answer.

Message 5 of 21 (375 Views)
Last Guardian
8920 posts

May 9, 2013

So I can use fully functioning old PS store if I access it though a game? Interesting.

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 6 of 21 (373 Views)
Highlighted
Big Daddy
16939 posts

May 9, 2013

because certain elements of the Store, like accessing a DLC menu from a specific game, was never updated. And it probably cannot be updated to the new look for whatever reason.

Don't worry about it.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 7 of 21 (345 Views)
First Son
9 posts

May 9, 2013

OK, that's badass....I absolutely DISPISE that clunky piece of crap they're calling a store these days...anyone got a list of the games you can access old one via?

Message 8 of 21 (315 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18896 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013

ossiecastro5 wrote:

I am generally confused now.

When I go onto the PS Store via XMB menu, it is the new one.

But when I access the store through a game (I am doing that now with Sleeping Dogs), it has the format and display of the old PS Store than everyone used to know and love.

Can anyone answer his: Why are these formats different? I am now dipleased with the new Store. I am just curious why there are two versions when accesed in these methods.

The old PSN Store is built into the PS3 OS. Through the evolution of the OS, the built in PSN Store UI has seen plenty of improvement and stability updates thus making the choice for in-game purchase and whatnot. Using the stand alone PSN app would really take away from the in-game add-on purchase experience.

The new PSN Store UI is nothing but a stand alone app, that contrary to the promises that were made before its release, leaves plenty to be desired.  I hope SONY manages to really optimize the PSN app for the PS3 & integrate it into the PS4 OS thus make it as fast and snappy as the old PSN Store UI is on the PS3

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 9 of 21 (303 Views)
Big Daddy
16939 posts

May 10, 2013

ZanathKariashi wrote:

OK, that's badass....I absolutely DISPISE that clunky piece of crap they're calling a store these days...anyone got a list of the games you can access old one via?

Thats not how it works....

you will ONLY access the SPECIFIC page relating to the game, usually, just a page for DLC. You cannot access the old UI through any game, as you will be prompted to quit the game and use the new UI.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 10 of 21 (295 Views)