Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 26 2008
By: Lord_Monkey Lombax Warrior 217 posts

Using Paypal on PSN

22 replies 30497 views Edited Mar 26, 2008

just a question , can PayPal Be used to buy stuff from the Playstation network ?

because there's alot of stuff i wanna buy and i can't wait for psn card which by the way are talking forever to get to here  

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (30,497 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1416 posts

Re: Using Paypal on PSN

Mar 26, 2008

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........NO. 

Sorry, but you may have to wait quite a while.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (30,497 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13459 posts

Mar 26, 2008
that's a big, fat negatory.

My Blog
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (30,497 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Mar 26, 2008
blast !!! operation broken mirror and omega ... so close yet so far 
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (30,497 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Mar 26, 2008

I have not tried this myself but there is a new feature on Paypal called the Paypal plugin.  It is free if you have a paypal account and allows you to shop anywhere even on sites that do not use paypal.  Check it out.  What it does is generate a 1 time use Mastercard credit card number and pulls the funds from your paypal account.  This could work throug the store.playstation.com site.  You would have to go the the store and log in and edit your billing information and see if that plug in will generate a mastercard number that you could enter into that for a single use.  This just might work and I am curious if this works for anyone.  Try it and post back if it works.

Big D

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (30,497 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 13, 2008

BigD75 wrote:

I have not tried this myself but there is a new feature on Paypal called the Paypal plug-in.  It is free if you have a paypal account and allows you to shop anywhere even on sites that do not use paypal.  Check it out.  What it does is generate a 1 time use Mastercard credit card number and pulls the funds from your paypal account.  This could work through the store.playstation.com site.  You would have to go the through store and log in and edit your billing information and see if that plug in will generate a mastercard number that you could enter into that for a single use.  This just might work and I am curious if this works for anyone.  Try it and post back if it works.

Big D

Hey Big D and everyone else viewing this,

Big D is right on the money. His suggestion worked like a charm. Here is how I did it.

1. I went to this site...  https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...=p/shop/vdebit

2. Logged into paypal and installed the paypal plug-in.

3. Logged into my PSN account at http://store.playstation.com and clicked on Account Management then clicked Add Funds: Credit Card.

4. Clicked the paypal plug-in and clicked Generate Secure Card. Had paypal plug-in to auto fill everything for me.

5. Clicked continue on PSN and selected how much I wanted to add to My Wallet. BINGO!!!! Worked like a charm.

Thanks Big D !!!! I have been trying to find the playstation store online instead of the PS3 and that got me where I wanted to go. Hope these instructions will help other people that were having the same problems I was having. PSN would not except my Credit Card. It kept telling me that my credit card information was not valid. This has really helped me!!!!!!

Cheers,

Kreylor

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (30,497 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Jul 13, 2008

Kreylor wrote:

BigD75 wrote:

I have not tried this myself but there is a new feature on Paypal called the Paypal plug-in.  It is free if you have a paypal account and allows you to shop anywhere even on sites that do not use paypal.  Check it out.  What it does is generate a 1 time use Mastercard credit card number and pulls the funds from your paypal account.  This could work through the store.playstation.com site.  You would have to go the through store and log in and edit your billing information and see if that plug in will generate a mastercard number that you could enter into that for a single use.  This just might work and I am curious if this works for anyone.  Try it and post back if it works.

Big D

Hey Big D and everyone else viewing this,

Big D is right on the money. His suggestion worked like a charm. Here is how I did it.

1. I went to this site...  https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...=p/shop/vdebit

2. Logged into paypal and installed the paypal plug-in.

3. Logged into my PSN account at http://store.playstation.com and clicked on Account Management then clicked Add Funds: Credit Card.

4. Clicked the paypal plug-in and clicked Generate Secure Card. Had paypal plug-in to auto fill everything for me.

5. Clicked continue on PSN and selected how much I wanted to add to My Wallet. BINGO!!!! Worked like a charm.

Thanks Big D !!!! I have been trying to find the playstation store online instead of the PS3 and that got me where I wanted to go. Hope these instructions will help other people that were having the same problems I was having. PSN would not except my Credit Card. It kept telling me that my credit card information was not valid. This has really helped me!!!!!!

Cheers,

Kreylor

Thnx! I will try this tomorrow:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (30,497 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 13, 2008
You can also just get a PayPal debit card.  It may depend on what type of acount you have though.  I can't really remember.  It is free and you can use it anywhere Mastercard is excepted, online and in stores.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (30,497 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5717 posts

Jul 13, 2008
The plug-in works for PayPal, I've been using it for a couple weeks now.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (30,497 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2630 posts

Jul 13, 2008

*laughs at the noobs that say you can't use paypal on the psn*.....here you go I already wrote a guide...no one seemd to be interested in it the day i wrote it.......

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&message.id=304495#M3044...

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 23 (30,497 Views)