Nov 12 2012
By: miky348348 First Son 1 posts

Using Console Overseas

2 replies 73 views Edited Nov 12, 2012

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a PS3 from USA and bring it to UAE.

1. Does PS3 supports both 110 & 220 volts? or Do I need a convertor?

2. Will I run into problems of NTSC & PAL with the Blu-ray?

3. Am I better off buying the PS3 in UAE? Its US$250.00 on amazon

Thanks
miky

Message 1 of 3 (73 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40067 posts

Re: Using Console Overseas

Nov 12, 2012

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

miky348348 wrote:

Hi,

1. Does PS3 supports both 110 & 220 volts? or Do I need a convertor? - Yes ti does, you only need a converter to plug into the wall socket.

2. Will I run into problems of NTSC & PAL with the Blu-ray? - The TV & PS3 may have issues "talking to easch-other, I'm not sure.

3. Am I better off buying the PS3 in UAE? Its US$250.00 on amazon Possibly yes.

Thanks
miky

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 3 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: Using Console Overseas

Nov 12, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

miky348348 wrote:

Hi,

1. Does PS3 supports both 110 & 220 volts? or Do I need a convertor? - Yes ti does, you only need a converter to plug into the wall socket.

2. Will I run into problems of NTSC & PAL with the Blu-ray? - The TV & PS3 may have issues "talking to easch-other, I'm not sure.
As long as you only use HDMI connection, NTSC & PAL will not have any affect. Those are analog video standards. The only trouble you MIGHT have is playing region locked discs. PS3's are region free, even though they have a region designation. This is due to the fact that older discs are region locked and will not play on anything other than the devices from the same region. 

3. Am I better off buying the PS3 in UAE? Its US$250.00 on amazon Possibly yes.

Thanks
miky

Also, make sure that if you want to download DLC and such for a game... that you download it from the same region as the game. 
For instance, if you bought a US game, and want to buy DLC, you need to have a user account that logs in to the US store; Meaning you need a user account/PSN ID that has a legitimate US address, city, state, zip code to be able to access the US store.
The same goes for DLC for games purchased from another region. For japan games and DLC, you'll need a PSN ID with a Japan address and so on and so forth

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 3 (60 Views)
0 Likes