Feb 25 2012
By: nickofthelvgdead First Son 6 posts
Accepted Solution

User not showing as "Signed-In" to PS3 Users while using Vita

9 replies 875 views Edited Feb 25, 2012

Both a friend and I have Vitas and when we are using them we do not show up as "Signed-In" on my girlfriend's friends list on her PS3. It says we are logged off but it has no "last login". Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (875 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Re: User not showing as "Signed-In" to PS3 Users while using Vita

Feb 25, 2012

I think that's actually how it is right now.  I've heard from multiple sources that Vita users don't show up on a PS3 user's friends list when logged in.  I wouldn't be surprised if they added that in an update, however.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (875 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Feb 25, 2012

This is just how the vita is. Ps3 users cant view which of their vita friends are online. I wish in the future they release a firmware update that allows this to happen.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (875 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 25, 2012

That's what I thought but I wasn't sure, I'm also having trouble getting the cross-play on Hustle Kings to work, I followed the steps on a youtube video and some other forums and it just won't work, I thought maybe it had something to do with the fact that the Vita users aren't showing up but I guess either I'm doing it wrong or it's a different problem. Thanks for the answer though!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (875 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Feb 25, 2012

The only way my friends see that im am on a Vita is that if my name shows up at the very bottom of their friends list (Offline), and it doesnt show when i last logged in.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (875 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6365 posts

Feb 25, 2012

Yeah it's pretty annoying.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!
http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4 and PS3 Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (875 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2150 posts

Feb 25, 2012

You ever notice how you can't sign onto PSN using two PS3's??  I find it funny how you can sign on using your PS3 and Vita at the same time.. I kinda figured they'd lock it as far as only 1 account on line at once..

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (875 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7102 posts

Feb 25, 2012

SteveO1966 wrote:

You ever notice how you can't sign onto PSN using two PS3's??  I find it funny how you can sign on using your PS3 and Vita at the same time.. I kinda figured they'd lock it as far as only 1 account on line at once..

No, I never noticed. I only have 1 PS3, and rarely gameshare. But they probably did that to prevent gamesharing, because most people won't have 2 PS3s and use the same account, but lots of people would have a PS3 and a Vita.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (875 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Aug 25, 2013
i wonder what ky future has in store for me. i bought my gf a ps3 and i aslo use it as of now so i have an account on the ps3. im getting my very own ps3 soon. but ill most likely delete my account from her ps3 once i get mine. do you think ill have any issues. i also have a vita great to know i wont have to worry about not being able to be logged in on both systems.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (387 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 25, 2013
but i find it real annoying friends dont see me logged in when im on my vita. thank you all for clarifing that. i was getting fustrated trying to get my status to appear correctly.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (384 Views)
0 Likes