Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/15/2003
Offline
8502 posts
 

Re: Used game activation fee

May 27, 2013
I loved my xbox360 but as someone who buys around 30% of his games used, I'll never tolerate this used game fee **bleep**, in fact, I have yet paid full price on games that requires online pass either. So suck it game companies.
Message 11 of 38 (165 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/21/2011
Offline
573 posts
 

Re: Used game activation fee

May 27, 2013

kknd2002 wrote:
I loved my xbox360 but as someone who buys around 30% of his games used, I'll never tolerate this used game fee **bleep**, in fact, I have yet paid full price on games that requires online pass either. So suck it game companies.

but what if sony DOES DO the same friggin thing?!

for all the flaming and hate ive heard the last 48 hours about the XB1 reveal no one on PSforums has given a rational, logical argument  as to why if microsoft would do it then why wouldnt sony follow suit??

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 12 of 38 (154 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 05/27/2013
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: Used game activation fee

[ Edited ]
May 27, 2013

EA made a big deal with M$ as you seen in my first link im very very sure EA is getting a big cut out of M$ and EAs activation fees. Not that many ppl buy online passes so either way EA is winning

Message 13 of 38 (152 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
12915 posts
 

Re: Used game activation fee

May 27, 2013

Cascadien wrote:

kknd2002 wrote:
I loved my xbox360 but as someone who buys around 30% of his games used, I'll never tolerate this used game fee **bleep**, in fact, I have yet paid full price on games that requires online pass either. So suck it game companies.

but what if sony DOES DO the same friggin thing?!

for all the flaming and hate ive heard the last 48 hours about the XB1 reveal no one on PSforums has given a rational, logical argument  as to why if microsoft would do it then why wouldnt sony follow suit??


Then they'll be in for a lot of people who won't like it either. People already pay enough for games as is, both new and used. Unless the fee is one that isn't outrageous, then people will be angry. They don't want to pay a fee that costs more than the used game itself. Heck it would be a rip off if they went that route. Since quite a few used games (not all of them) tend to not be in the best shape.

 

I can understand why they'd want the revenue, but if that ever does happen in terms of Sony going down a similar path, then they better find a way to not screw over their customers/fan base.

smdedspace2.png


Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 14 of 38 (147 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/21/2011
Offline
573 posts
 

Re: Used game activation fee

[ Edited ]
May 27, 2013

Box9Missingo wrote:

Cascadien wrote:

kknd2002 wrote:
I loved my xbox360 but as someone who buys around 30% of his games used, I'll never tolerate this used game fee **bleep**, in fact, I have yet paid full price on games that requires online pass either. So suck it game companies.

but what if sony DOES DO the same friggin thing?!

for all the flaming and hate ive heard the last 48 hours about the XB1 reveal no one on PSforums has given a rational, logical argument  as to why if microsoft would do it then why wouldnt sony follow suit??


Then they'll be in for a lot of people who won't like it either. People already pay enough for games as is, both new and used. Unless the fee is one that isn't outrageous, then people will be angry. They don't want to pay a fee that costs more than the used game itself. Heck it would be a rip off if they went that route. Since quite a few used games (not all of them) tend to not be in the best shape.

 

I can understand why they'd want the revenue, but if that ever does happen in terms of Sony going down a similar path, then they better find a way to not screw over their customers/fan base.


my point being is that if both MS and sony decide to do this then where does this leave console gaming, or console gamers for that matter?  from what im seeing right now everyone is assuming that MS are the only guys that are going to recharge for used games but i highly doubt that sony would/could stray too far from their main competitors in this or any other fashion. and unfortunatly with nintendo making childrens toys i dont even see a viable "3rd party" console happening so it looks like its back to PC gaming for me if that indeed does happen.

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 15 of 38 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 05/27/2013
Offline
63 posts
 

Re: Used game activation fee

[ Edited ]
May 27, 2013

If used games are restricted beyond the current online pass, I won't buy a PS4. I like Sony's exclusive titles, but I have the current consoles and a PC and exclusives alone isn't enough to make a console worth it.

 

Used games is the deciding factor on whether I buy any console or none. I can not buy the PS4 just as easily as I am absolutely not buying the Xbox1.

Message 16 of 38 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 05/27/2013
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: Used game activation fee

May 27, 2013

Like i said i think it has to do with that EA and M$ deal if Sony had a deal as well im sure EA would have been at Sony reveal as well thats all i can think of  

Message 17 of 38 (131 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
12915 posts
 

Re: Used game activation fee

May 27, 2013

Cascadien wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

Cascadien wrote:

kknd2002 wrote:
I loved my xbox360 but as someone who buys around 30% of his games used, I'll never tolerate this used game fee **bleep**, in fact, I have yet paid full price on games that requires online pass either. So suck it game companies.

but what if sony DOES DO the same friggin thing?!

for all the flaming and hate ive heard the last 48 hours about the XB1 reveal no one on PSforums has given a rational, logical argument  as to why if microsoft would do it then why wouldnt sony follow suit??


Then they'll be in for a lot of people who won't like it either. People already pay enough for games as is, both new and used. Unless the fee is one that isn't outrageous, then people will be angry. They don't want to pay a fee that costs more than the used game itself. Heck it would be a rip off if they went that route. Since quite a few used games (not all of them) tend to not be in the best shape.

 

I can understand why they'd want the revenue, but if that ever does happen in terms of Sony going down a similar path, then they better find a way to not screw over their customers/fan base.


my point being is that if both MS and sony decide to do this then where does this leave console gaming, or console gamers for that matter?  from what im seeing right now everyone is assuming that MS are the only guys that are going to recharge for used games but i highly doubt that sony would/could stray too far from their main competitors in this or any other fashion.


I'm not assuming that MS will be the only ones. It would leave a lot of gamers in a real lurch. The ones who can afford to pay the extra fee, will probably continue to do so, but there will be plenty of gamers who will have had enough in terms of fees in general. I doubt it as well. It wouldn't be that good for their bottom line.

smdedspace2.png


Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 18 of 38 (126 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/21/2011
Offline
573 posts
 

Re: Used game activation fee

May 27, 2013

Box9Missingo wrote:

Cascadien wrote:


my point being is that if both MS and sony decide to do this then where does this leave console gaming, or console gamers for that matter?  from what im seeing right now everyone is assuming that MS are the only guys that are going to recharge for used games but i highly doubt that sony would/could stray too far from their main competitors in this or any other fashion.


I'm not assuming that MS will be the only ones. It would leave a lot of gamers in a real lurch. The ones who can afford to pay the extra fee, will probably continue to do so, but there will be plenty of gamers who will have had enough in terms of fees in general. I doubt it as well. It wouldn't be that good for their bottom line.


you do remember that sony sold the PS3 at a substantial loss when it was initially released dont you?

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 19 of 38 (116 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 05/27/2013
Offline
63 posts
 

Re: Used game activation fee

May 27, 2013

...and if used games get messed with the PS4 can "not sell" at a loss just as easily.

Message 20 of 38 (110 Views)
Reply
0 Likes