Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Re: Used game activation fee

Jun 6, 2013
But honestly, this can all be avoided if you guys just buy new games. Wait for the price to drop. Patience is a virtue.
"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 38 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
8059 posts

Jun 6, 2013

socom69 wrote:
But honestly, this can all be avoided if you guys just buy new games. Wait for the price to drop. Patience is a virtue.

That's great if the game is out long enough for the price to come down. Sometimes that doesn't happen :smileysad:. Or when it does, you can't get the game... since it only is out for a very limited time. There shouldn't be any harm in used games, especially when those kinds of situations occur.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 38 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Jun 6, 2013
The only games that I've ever really seen not go down in price are the ones published by Nintendo. Everything on ps3 has seen a significant drop at some point. Ar tonelico qoga did, ni no kuni did (this isn't limited), & even the Atelier Arland trilogy did (all games that see limited releases. At least the limited editions do; which all are still reduced until they're gone). Other than ar tonelico qoga & the Arland limited editions (pretty much anything by NIS America that has a LE), not many games on ps3 fully disappear. Cod will be around. Batman will be around. Uncharted, Gran Turismo, Ratchet.....none of these games will go anywhere if you just wait for their prices to drop. If you truly want a game really badly when it first comes out then you'll have that same desire for it months later (to me at least).

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 38 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
8059 posts

Jun 6, 2013

socom69 wrote:
The only games that I've ever really seen not go down in price are the ones published by Nintendo. Everything on ps3 has seen a significant drop at some point. Ar tonelico qoga did, ni no kuni did (this isn't limited), & even the Atelier Arland trilogy did (all games that see limited releases. At least the limited editions do; which all are still reduced until they're gone). Other than ar tonelico qoga & the Arland limited editions (pretty much anything by NIS America that has a LE), not many games on ps3 fully disappear. Cod will be around. Batman will be around. Uncharted, Gran Turismo, Ratchet.....none of these games will go anywhere if you just wait for their prices to drop. If you truly want a game really badly when it first comes out then you'll have that same desire for it months later (to me at least).

Good point. But a lot of Nintendo's games are generally around $40 or so (3ds and Wii). Not sure about Wii U games yet. It's good that a lot of the PS3 games are still around. PS2 ones... are a little harder to find these days.

Nintendo games are being sold near full price for used at Gamestop O_o. But I've seen some for less than that at other used game places.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 38 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 6, 2013
I'm missing Galaxy 2. That **bleep** game, instead of dropping value, actually had the balls to jump to $60. I generally shop on amazon unless I have certificates at best buy or there's a ridiculous sale. I haven't seen Galaxy 2 in stores sadly so I'm going to have to bite the bullet here, but that's really the only Wii game I'm missing. Xenoblade Chronicles, for example, was so rare that waiting for a price drop got you nowhere but screwed so that's one example of a trade off that wasn't worth waiting for a price reduction (fortunately I own it. Otherwise I'd have no other option but to buy it used for over 100 or new for around 200). Ps2 games I just find cheap and new on amazon. I recently bought Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne for $20 (a game that is otherwise not available in stores). Overall, cheap games are always readily available on amazon if you just wait for them. In the last 7 years I've literally only bought 1 used game: Ico. At the time the remake wasn't out yet and its value was skyrocketed. When I found it in brand new condition at a gamestop for $30 I couldn't say no.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 38 (87 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3100 posts

Jun 6, 2013
Call of duty Modern Warfare was $60 for 2 years. Then when MW2 came out the 1st MW dropped to $40.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 38 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Jun 6, 2013
Actually, I lied. I got 2 used games in the last 7 years. The other was Killer 7 ($5 in brand new condition)

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 38 (75 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15203 posts

Jun 6, 2013

Box9Missingo wrote:

socom69 wrote:

That's great if the game is out long enough for the price to come down. Sometimes that doesn't happen :smileysad:. Or when it does, you can't get the game... since it only is out for a very limited time. There shouldn't be any harm in used games, especially when those kinds of situations occur.

They make MILLIONS of copies of games.... im sure you'll be able to find them long after their initial release date.

people are still finding brand new copies of PS2 games.....

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 38 (67 Views)
0 Likes