Highlighted
May 27 2013
By: Hotspagotcho First Son 5 posts

Used game activation fee

37 replies 509 views Edited May 27, 2013

Ok so I am a Xbox 360 player I have been for many years... as you guys know M$ is being greedy to the upmost exterme I do not support this. Now getting to my point I will be switching very soon if Sony dose not do this http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Used-Game-Activation-Fee-52-56040.html  http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-24-this-is-how-xbox-one-game-trade-ins-will-work-apparentl...Sony will have my love very long time and i wll throw my money at them the minute they say no that is all i have to say! 

Message 1 of 38 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

Re: Used game activation fee

[ Edited ]
May 27, 2013

its hard for me to believe that microsoft would charge for it and that sony wouldnt,  somone had to break the bad news for the "new" generation consoles first...it just ended up being microsoft.

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 2 of 38 (498 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 27, 2013

Yeah true thats another thing im guessing is the only way M$ was able to put a blu ray player in the XO was to break the bad news (like a deal they made) but I hope not.

Message 3 of 38 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

May 27, 2013
Supposedly Sony was going to do the same for used games but refrained from doing so after the backlash MS got. That's why I'd wait for all the facts to be put on the table before saying "This company is the winner and this company isn't". Until the systems are out, every single stupid rule can and will be rewritten to appease the masses~.
Message 4 of 38 (488 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 27, 2013

Yeah M$ **bleep** up,  Sony will listen to GAMERS.  NO DRM.

Message 5 of 38 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

[ Edited ]
May 27, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
 That's why I'd wait for all the facts to be put on the table before saying "This company is the winner and this company isn't". Until the systems are out, every single stupid rule can and will be rewritten to appease the masses~.

thank you, ive been saying this since feb 22nd!

sony hasnt even shown us a console yet but we are supposed to believe that in november the PS4 will be released?

imo a "best case scenario" was that the feb 22 "reveal" was just a premptive move to get microsoft to tip their hand so that sony could adjust to all the public scrutiny without absorbing any of the blame for things like used game repurchasing & mandatory online play etc.. and then depending on how bad the public outcry gets they can always still either scrap the idea alltogether or decide to adopt it as a "new industry standard" without having to seem like it was (sony's) idea at all...and even if it was, it will still be perceived as a win win for them.

thats my theory anyway.

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
Message 6 of 38 (473 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 27, 2013

I have been a loyal fan to SONY and their product, TV, Cameras, and PS for a long now.  They can't do this to us loyal fans and gamers.  Do not ruin this for me SONY. NNNNOOOO DRM.

Message 7 of 38 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1626 posts

May 27, 2013

We need a "Are you switching from Xbox to PS thread?"   I wake to these every morning now. Would be nice to see how many came over

www.soundcloud.com/jahge
Message 8 of 38 (460 Views)
First Son
5 posts

May 27, 2013

I hear it on Xbox Live a lot most of my friends in RL and xbox are switching some have all ready and some are waiting to hear what Sony has to say just a matter of time.

Message 9 of 38 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

[ Edited ]
May 27, 2013

DoubleO_seven wrote:

We need a "Are you switching from Xbox to PS thread?"   I wake to these every morning now. Would be nice to see how many came over

i agree, and not just soley for the fact if/when sony reveals that they too will be charging for used games, we will also have a documented record of all the fanboys and their superiority trips to boot!.Robot LOL

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
Message 10 of 38 (443 Views)
0 Likes