Nov 24 2012
By: TheDster Gaming Beast 2254 posts

Urgent need help, PS3 Locked up and wont even power down???

[ Edited ]
17 replies 812 views Edited Nov 24, 2012

I was burning up infamous and then it just locked up and i tried to shut it off and it wont even shut off.  What do i do?  Im thinking take the games i just bought back all 25.

I've never had to unplug a ps3 for a lockup ever, untill this 4.00 series of patches.

If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 1 of 18 (812 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2254 posts

Re: Urgent need help, PS3 Locked up and wont even power down???

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

lol, its amazing this is the game I was playing when,  i sent my ps3 to get fixed after the 4.10 patch.  This is a sony game, whats going on?  I did unplug but i never had to unplug the system on any other game so far.

I got 3 months i think to take them back.  I guess ill see what happens.

If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 2 of 18 (793 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Nov 24, 2012

You have 5 PS3's...... im sure you can just pull another one out of your "Assassins Creed" 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 18 (762 Views)
Gaming Beast
2254 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

I shouldnt have to is the point.  If one of my ps3s go out and this being my newest one, then im done.  Im having issues with the 120 just reading certain blurays now.  It seems like they all have problems anymore and if i was to guess it would be cause of the patches.  Two of mine are patch free cause they arent open.

This one being the one i sent to get fixed after the 4.10 patch.  It didnt last even a year after Sonys approval, if something happens that is?  That means theres patching messing them up in my opinion.

Message 4 of 18 (756 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

TheDster wrote:

I shouldnt have to is the point.  If one of my ps3s go out and this being my newest one, then im done.  Im having issues with the 120 just reading certain blurays now.  It seems like they all have problems anymore and if i was to guess it would be cause of the patches.  Two of mine are patch free cause they arent open.

Actually, it is the point.

You're simply going to buy another one. If you have 5 PS3's and only use one, then whats the point of having multiple consoles?

if you're so ignorant to the fact that you REFUSE to get your PS3's repaired and you cry foul from the get-go the moment you have a console that is defective to justify your own agenda, how are we ever going to believe a word you say?

It just seems you're a glutton for punishment.

You have defective PS3's, you continue to be banned from the forum and you still cant take a hint......

BTW, Gluttony is a Sin.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 18 (745 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2254 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

I just sent this one back Grey, not even a few months ago and its already acting up after a sony approval?  Somethings going on with the patches.  That must mean they are all defective then, cause ive had lockups since day one, 3 outa 5 systems so far and two aint opened.  However no games so far has ever required me to pull the plug to restart the system other then Infamous so far.  That has kinda got me on the scare a bit.  However i played Skyrim all the way thru with nuthing but a few system stalls and a few lockups that i could hit the power on, same system.  So maybe i have nuthing to worry about, bad coding on infamous?

Someone said, Sony is a Technical issue.  Im beginning to think so cause i cant find the answer i seek any where.  Other then other ps3 slims doing it and noone knows why.  Most people dont even read them and say hit the power but the power does not work for these lockups.

On the up side, this could be a actual over heating lockup?  Where the Bethesda games and many others are a crappy made game lockup.  I played infamous all day long to get that lockup from 8am to 11pm.  Its just the first time i ever had to unplug the unit on a lockup is all i do know?

If its a system issue after just sending into ps3 not even a year ago on the 4.10 patch.  I guess ill take my games back, this is where i draw my line.  Theres good reason to stop it here.  Sony approved this system or sent back same one cause it had no issues or fixed the issues?  This would be it for me,  One goes down 3 more to go, neither system i have out right now wants to read the saw 4 bluray?  The systems i keep updated anyhow.  This is where it ends for me, if one goes out ill use what i got till the end of it.  I only ever bought reduced priced games for the most part.  Who can beat a 20 to 5 dollar game?  I can send these newer ones back and i will depending on my outcome.

Whats it honestly mean when you lockup and cant shut the power down though?  Thats all im asking?

Message 6 of 18 (740 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2254 posts

Nov 26, 2012

So i had the one that locked up the system to where not even the power would shut it down.  Then i had a lockup that i could hit the power on Infamous as well.  Then today another lockup that i couldnt hit the power on.  Just updating, skyrim wasnt even this bad.

Message 7 of 18 (649 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2254 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

Ok, i platinumed Infamous.  I believe i had 2 lockups i couldnt hit the power button on and had to unplug and 2 lockups i could hit the power button on to shut down the system.

I think this game has bad coding poorly made, but was awesome.  I found a place that didnt lock up but i could stand in it  and the camera would spin real fast.

I loved it, and i liked it even better playing the evil side.  So far this is the the only sony game that has locked up on me 4 times and the 2 that i couldnt shut the power off scared me the most.

Message 8 of 18 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7118 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

TheDster wrote:

I just sent this one back Grey, not even a few months ago and its already acting up after a sony approval?  Somethings going on with the patches.  That must mean they are all defective then, cause ive had lockups since day one, 3 outa 5 systems so far and two aint opened.  However no games so far has ever required me to pull the plug to restart the system other then Infamous so far.  That has kinda got me on the scare a bit.  However i played Skyrim all the way thru with nuthing but a few system stalls and a few lockups that i could hit the power on, same system.  So maybe i have nuthing to worry about, bad coding on infamous?

Someone said, Sony is a Technical issue.  Im beginning to think so cause i cant find the answer i seek any where.  Other then other ps3 slims doing it and noone knows why.  Most people dont even read them and say hit the power but the power does not work for these lockups.

On the up side, this could be a actual over heating lockup?  Where the Bethesda games and many others are a crappy made game lockup.  I played infamous all day long to get that lockup from 8am to 11pm.  Its just the first time i ever had to unplug the unit on a lockup is all i do know?

If its a system issue after just sending into ps3 not even a year ago on the 4.10 patch.  I guess ill take my games back, this is where i draw my line.  Theres good reason to stop it here.  Sony approved this system or sent back same one cause it had no issues or fixed the issues?  This would be it for me,  One goes down 3 more to go, neither system i have out right now wants to read the saw 4 bluray?  The systems i keep updated anyhow.  This is where it ends for me, if one goes out ill use what i got till the end of it.  I only ever bought reduced priced games for the most part.  Who can beat a 20 to 5 dollar game?  I can send these newer ones back and i will depending on my outcome.

Whats it honestly mean when you lockup and cant shut the power down though?  Thats all im asking?

well i  suggest getting a warrenty save your self  some money.. also  take breaks with the console like 25-  30 min breaks. and yes some games are made poorly , but i dont think infamous  is one of them that over heats like that or made poorly...

I hope your ps3 s not on the  rug bare.. i so that might be your  problem, also with winter weather the houses having the heat , up  you should take gaming break. Even a chef give  the oven break when he is cooking

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 9 of 18 (579 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2254 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

Well i didnt have a problem with Infamous festive of Blood?  Nps at all, there is issues with Infamous.  I didnt have a issue with skyrim other then 2 system stalls and a lockup that i could hit the power on.  I didnt have a problem with Festivle of blood other then.  I did not like the new voice of Cole.

Infamous1 was poorly made, wether you want to hear it or not its the truth.  Skyrim was as well but Infamous made the patched version of skyrim look better.  I never seen lockups i couldnt hit the power on the system to stop, untill i played Infamous1. 

It was a great story line and all but i even found a spot where if i stood in it it the screen would spin real real fast.  Faster then anything i experienced in the game, except places like that of course.

Also a few things more, I just got this playstation back from sony after the 4.10 patch.  I sent it in after that patch, it was acting more wacky?  Still is the same.  Another thing is, I fell thru the world and got stuck on Infamous while playing it and it auto killed me and sent me to medic.  I was like what just happened there?  It was the place where you fight Kessler that was the area?  It was before the last boss fight though.

So if anyone is to blame its sony, 4.10 patch sent back.  Got it back and sony qualified it for the send back or gave me a new one either or and it still is just as wacky since that patch in my opinion?  However both systems are that i keep updated?  On the other hand i played this game to the fullest non pro but got good, speaking.  

This game had issues, Sometimes the creatures would just stop attacking and not even add up to my exp when i killed them?  I fell thru the world in multiple spots, one just happened to kill me and send me to the medic?  Others i just hoped out of.  Found spots that spun camera real real fast, way faster then the game ever did other then them places?

Message 10 of 18 (568 Views)
0 Likes