Mar 16 2013
By: GhostX1984 Monster Hunter 34 posts

Upload speed for streaming with the Playstation 4?

2 replies 500 views Edited Mar 16, 2013

Can anyone tell me what minimum upload speed we will need to stream gameplay with the PS4?

I will have 24mbps download and 3mbps upload. Is that going to be good enough to stream?

Are we able to record footage then edit it with our own software to upload to youtube with the ps4?

Where can we find more details on how everything works?

Message 1 of 3 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20314 posts

Re: Upload speed for streaming with the Playstation 4?

Mar 16, 2013
At first thought, I would think that Sony would design the system so that a lot of people can stream without having to pay a lot of money just for high upload speeds.

With that being said, I expect a 1MBPS Upload to be sufficient. This will most likely change as time goes on, but you should be fine with 3MBPS.
Message 2 of 3 (496 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Re: Upload speed for streaming with the Playstation 4?

Mar 16, 2013
You don't necessarily need that much to stream a low-res compressed video.

But I can guarantee you that you won't know until the box will launch. And that they will "adjust" it afterwards with the intention of making it work on a 3g connection. Which won't work, of course. But they'll do it anyway, and people who actually could stream with relatively high bitrate to their friends will have to watch a stop-motion film, etc.

Sony just don't employ anyone who understand how this works. Average 9th grader level of understanding of this -- just not there. Logic, one thing can't be another at the same time, etc. -- doesn't apply.
Message 3 of 3 (488 Views)
0 Likes