Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: Upgrade the RAM!!!

Sep 26, 2012

bronxz32 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

JBourne81 wrote:

This is not necessarily true, the N64 had RAM upgrades you could purchase and install yourself.  I know cuz I did it back  then.

I had it too...... and it was a waste of money because if you wanted to play Perfect Dark you NEEDED the expansion pack.

Not entirely true a 2 player deathmatch was possible without the pak. 

That was about it...... aside from those training missions..... the actual game itself required the expansion pack

Furiously Chaosing
Message 21 of 26 (64 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1073 posts

Sep 26, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

MadBullBunny wrote:

Nice try, but no. The 360 was the base for the game to be made on and then it was ported to PC and PS3. It's why many games have issues that are multiplatforms. PS3 console exclusives shows what the ps3 can really do when its the dedicated console.

Nice attempt at proving me wrong, but no...... The reason why the porting to and from PC and 360 is easy/error bug free is because their hardware architecture are very similar from one another.... 

The PS3 on the other hand not so much..... The only similarity between all 3 plaforms is that the CPU is based on a PowerPC architecture..... everything else is very different on the PS3 than PC and 360. 

Why else do you think PS3 exclusives are held to a higher regard than any multiplaform game? especially when there are many dev's that are vested into the PS3 and create a smallish team for porting?

As is also the case when a game has an issue on the PS3 but none on the others, particularly Skyrim and only minor issues with BF3(which again, was geared towards PC for the most part)

Dude, still no. Just stahp already seriously. I know how it all works and what you previously said was wrong. Yes the Xbox is easier to create on, but its not just similiar to a computer. Comon sense note here: Why was it ported to a PC if it was similiar? Research more into the developing. Its easier for console game developers to make on the xbox then port to ps3 and pc. Lately its been more differently. More games have been made on ps3 and ported to the xbox finally.

Message 22 of 26 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

MadBullBunny wrote:
 stahp.

Learn how to spell..... you lost all credibility and respect by following a tard-basket meme.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 23 of 26 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Why would they release a new PS3 with more RAM? So nobody will be able to tell if content will run properly on their PS3 because every model has a different amount of RAM?

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
210+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 24 of 26 (48 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Honestly, I'm just trying to become better informed as to why a game like Skyrim doesn't work but I guess after all I've read from this post, it is Bethesda's fault.  I'm not a techie so I don't really get into the specs of the systems and vaguely understand them.  I threw the RAM thing out there cuz I had seen a video from some of those IGN people that the reason Skyrim ran better on Xbox was because of the RAM.  They blamed Bethesda though and not Sony for the shortcoming.

After reading these replies, two things are clear and true:  Sony exclusives (such as Gran Turismo and Metal Gear Solid) demonstrate the true power and prowess of the system and two, developers should develop their games according to each console's specs/abilities/etc.

Message 25 of 26 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 27, 2012

MadBullBunny wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

MadBullBunny wrote:

Nice try, but no. The 360 was the base for the game to be made on and then it was ported to PC and PS3. It's why many games have issues that are multiplatforms. PS3 console exclusives shows what the ps3 can really do when its the dedicated console.

Nice attempt at proving me wrong, but no...... The reason why the porting to and from PC and 360 is easy/error bug free is because their hardware architecture are very similar from one another.... 

The PS3 on the other hand not so much..... The only similarity between all 3 plaforms is that the CPU is based on a PowerPC architecture..... everything else is very different on the PS3 than PC and 360. 

Why else do you think PS3 exclusives are held to a higher regard than any multiplaform game? especially when there are many dev's that are vested into the PS3 and create a smallish team for porting?

As is also the case when a game has an issue on the PS3 but none on the others, particularly Skyrim and only minor issues with BF3(which again, was geared towards PC for the most part)

Dude, still no. Just stahp already seriously. I know how it all works and what you previously said was wrong. Yes the Xbox is easier to create on, but its not just similiar to a computer. Comon sense note here: Why was it ported to a PC if it was similiar? Research more into the developing. Its easier for console game developers to make on the xbox then port to ps3 and pc. Lately its been more differently. More games have been made on ps3 and ported to the xbox finally.

That is not correct. Early PS3 games were X360 ports, and they came off rather poorly. PS3 games do port to the X360 rather well...

Message 26 of 26 (38 Views)
0 Likes