Apr 13 2012
By: GreenWolfKnight Lombax Warrior 196 posts

Updating Vita compatible PSP games?

16 replies 407 views Edited Apr 13, 2012

Anyone know if sony plans on updating either the vita or the game data so those games that are still not "vita compatible" will eventually be playable?

I have a handfull, including Gods Eater Burst, and Valkeria 2 that I would like to move up before I can totally abandon my old psp.

Message 1 of 17 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Re: Updating Vita compatible PSP games?

Apr 13, 2012

I'm with you.  If Sony's wondering why the PS Vita sales are so crappy I think you could point to a lack of compatibility with the PSP/PSOne/minis libraries.  We're almost five months into the "production" life cycle of the Vita and I've seen no expansion of the ps3 transfer or psn download title list, which is pathetic.  Nintendo's 3DS had the DS library to use as a crutch until they got some decent content, but Sony prefers to just hop along on one stump.  Brilliant.  You have to wonder how much time they're wasting on fighting the homebrew crowd while ignoring the actual crowd they make money off of.

Right the ship, Sony.  Commit to some dates for rolling out increased compatibilities.  You obviously released a device *way* before it was ready, but if you want to avoid alienating a good chunk of your customers a little communication would go a long way...

Message 2 of 17 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Apr 13, 2012

Actually, I'm on board with the Vita as a system of it's own accord.  I can still PLAY these old games on my PSP, but would like to be able to move them up to the new system and get rid of the old, so it's all in one place.

Backwards compatability is tricky, I know, but it feels odd for sony to have stumbled so much on it since they were the first to truly practice it.

Message 3 of 17 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2120 posts

Apr 18, 2012

My son does I.T.coding for a living.They already have the programing specs in the psp so it,s most likely sitting on there desk now.There just holding it back for some strange reason.There programers are some of the best in the world at sony.You know they already have things set up months ago.They just have to wait for the big guy to say go.

Message 4 of 17 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Apr 19, 2012

I recently bought EA's Tetris on the Mini thinking I could play it on the VITA. Turns out it's not compatible so I was depressed I could not play this gem on the go. BRING Tetris to the VITA. PLEASE. Also all PSN games, they don't have to show how pretentious the VITA is.

The Last Lone Wolf Vandalier
Message 5 of 17 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
561 posts

Apr 20, 2012

@blazingkite.. have you tried playing it on remote play?

Alacrity

AlacrityFitz Trophy Card
Message 6 of 17 (407 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Apr 20, 2012

If you read the initial post about PSP games on the vita @ the Playstation Blog it says that they will be updating more PSP games to be playable on the Vita. The said it would just take a little time. Keep in mind that every game they make compatable on the vita they have to put it through QA testing to esure it works comleetely and that any DLC for the game works as well.

Message 7 of 17 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Apr 20, 2012

@ AlacrityFitz .. not really. So I can play it on my VITA with a PSN digital copy not PSP copy?

Message 8 of 17 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Apr 21, 2012

@WoolySpud

Yes, I read it.  I initiated this post to see if someone had a more solid timeline than just "sometime soon."  Having done programming myself I am aware of how much work is actually involved, and appreciate the effort people put into it.  Just looking if some kind of calendar or reference is availible yet.

@blazingkite

You can run both minis and psone games on a ps3 on the vita using remote play.  It's a handy work around for people that have both.  I'm hoping to see them work more on cross platform functions between them then they did with psp.

Message 9 of 17 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Apr 21, 2012

@ GreenWolfKnight

I tryed Remote Play w/ Tetris and it tells me it can't run on Remote Play. I'd rather prefer to download it directly to my VITA than Remote Play anyway. I just hope Sony makes it compatible soon. Thanks for the tip.

Message 10 of 17 (407 Views)
0 Likes