Highlighted
Dec 19 2008
By: SpookyJuice Sackboy 549 posts

Update on PlayStation Network Avatars

9 replies 233 views Edited Dec 19, 2008

So, i've noticed many PSN members asking will we ever get new Avatars? Well the answere too that is YES! I decided to ask one of the members of the Blog if this would be getting enhanced and here is what they said.

SpookyJuice  |  December 19th, 2008 at 12:44 am

Noel Silvia seeing as your being generious to answere afew questions, I have one for you. Currently as it stands the PlayStation Network is lacking in the Avatar section. Will we be seeing an increase in Avatars we can choose from, aswell as premium Avatars we can buy from the PlayStation Store?

If there is currently no plan for this at the time, is there anyway you can pass the word on too SCEA? Becouse this is one of the major advancments many PlayStation 3, and PSP users would like too see.

Thanks
SpookyJuice

Noel Silvia replied on December 19, 2008 at 7:23 am

This is currently a section that you will be seeing changes to and updates for in the new year.
Can’t talk specifics, but it is something that we are working on.
Thanks for the input!

Message 1 of 10 (233 Views)
Wastelander
907 posts

Re: Update on PlayStation Network Avatars

Dec 19, 2008
nice to know that they are going to add more
Message 2 of 10 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6810 posts

Dec 19, 2008
Ugh, I'd rather be able to import my own. Yeah some idiot could put up some inappropriate photos but I'm sure they could make the system work
Message 3 of 10 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
549 posts

Dec 19, 2008

This doesnt mean they wont allow us to add custom avatars. We'll just have too see what Sony has up our sleeves.

Message 4 of 10 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Dec 19, 2008
The avatar selection is way too small. Good to know they acknowledged it and are working to fix it.
Message 5 of 10 (233 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Dec 21, 2008

Awesome, I hope they don't make good ones for sale. Even though they most likely will.

I hope we get to have our custom avatars.

Message 6 of 10 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
584 posts

Dec 21, 2008

gameoversun wrote:
Ugh, I'd rather be able to import my own. Yeah some idiot could put up some inappropriate photos but I'm sure they could make the system work

The way they'd have to do the system is have employes check/proof the pictures then accept and allow the avatar.
Message 7 of 10 (233 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18928 posts

Dec 21, 2008

SpookyJuice wrote:

So, i've noticed many PSN members asking will we ever get new Avatars? Well the answere too that is YES! I decided to ask one of the members of the Blog if this would be getting enhanced and here is what they said.

SpookyJuice  |  December 19th, 2008 at 12:44 am

Noel Silvia seeing as your being generious to answere afew questions, I have one for you. Currently as it stands the PlayStation Network is lacking in the Avatar section. Will we be seeing an increase in Avatars we can choose from, aswell as premium Avatars we can buy from the PlayStation Store?

If there is currently no plan for this at the time, is there anyway you can pass the word on too SCEA? Becouse this is one of the major advancments many PlayStation 3, and PSP users would like too see.

Thanks
SpookyJuice

Noel Silvia replied on December 19, 2008 at 7:23 am

This is currently a section that you will be seeing changes to and updates for in the new year.
Can’t talk specifics, but it is something that we are working on.
Thanks for the input!

We were told the same before MGS4 came out.  Somebody asked why they don't update the avatar selection with more avatars from all the games in the PlayStation library.  One of the authors replied to this post and said that something was in the works and that an that something special was going to happen around the week in which MGS4 was coming out.  Today is 12/21/08 MGS4 came and went and we are still enjoying the same avatars.

To my knowledge, only 4 avatars have been added since then but none from video games characters nor related. Why in the hell we don't have anything from MGS4, Heavenly Sword, R2, etc...  And how about more from God of War, etc...

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 8 of 10 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3172 posts

Dec 22, 2008
Awesome! Kudos to you!
Message Edited by hawknelson on 12-22-2008 01:55 PM

Message 9 of 10 (233 Views)
0 Likes
First Son