Do you mean 
Jan 23 2013
By: Gojet-64 Gaming Beast 2195 posts

Unofficial PS3 Problems Directory Thread

[ Edited ]
2 replies 87 views Edited Jan 23, 2013
This thread is
UNDER CONSTRUCTION

If you know of good links to informative threads on how to fix PS3 problems, please let me know, by posting them here.

If your PS3 has a problem, you've come to the right place! This page includes links to various problems with PS3s, including information on if and/or how to repair your PS3.

However, regardless of what problem you have, the best insurance you can buy, is to make regular backups of your data.

Browse through the list below to look for your problem. If you do not see your problem, please let me know.

This page is under construction. Very few problems are listed right now.

My PS3 is trying to restore the corrupted file system, but it gets stuck, or it keeps trying again.

There is a problem with your PS3's hard drive, likely involving damaged sectors. This problem may be easy to repair, and there is a good chance you won't lose any data.

Severity: Moderate

Repairable: Easy

Cost: $0 - $100

Link 1: https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/PS3-quot-Broken-quot-hard-drive-fixed-No-data-...

My PS3 tries to turn on, but then flashes a yellow light, then a flashing red light, and won't start.

This is often regarded as a very major problem. It is widely known as the Yellow Light of Death, or YLoD. It may be possible to repair, but chances are slim.

Severity: High

Repairable: Very Difficult

Cost: $100 - $350

Link 1: https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/Unofficial-Yellow-Light-of-Death-YLOD-Informat...

Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Re: Unofficial PS3 Problems Directory Thread

Jan 23, 2013

Bump 1/3

I will limit myself to 3 bumps for this thread. Otherwise, I will let it die.

Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (60 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29112 posts

Re: Unofficial PS3 Problems Directory Thread

Jan 23, 2013

Gojet-64 wrote:

Bump 1/3

I will limit myself to 3 bumps for this thread. Otherwise, I will let it die.

Although I like the idea of your Thread Gojet, until such time as it has a decent amount of valuable information in it it's really only useful to a very limited amount of people.

I think you're hoping for others to add to your Thread, hopefully they will, like i said I like the general idea, but in the mean time perhaps as the author you yourself can add further links etc & 'fatten' it out some more to make it somewhere where people will want to come?

Also bumping Threads is frowned upon, but you already know this, so I'd probably make this bump your last!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (58 Views)
0 Likes