First Son
20 posts

Re: Unit 13 or MLB 12 ?

Mar 7, 2012

damn, you guys are lucky with that toys r us deal, I would of been all over that, I'm here in Okinawa, Japan, and there are no deals at all, I need to wait for my base to get them in (which, they haven't yet) I would of asked my wife to get them for me back in North Carolina but I'm too impatient for that I need it on launch day, and besides she would most likely get all angry like always, because I spend so much on video games, some women just don't understand, I can't wait to go back home

Message 31 of 43 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Mar 8, 2012

I feel very fortunate that I have a wife (and to some extent kids) that fully support my gaming habits. None of my children are gamers (yet, my boys are only 19months and 5 weeks respectively - so there's still time... but I have lost hope for my 12 and 8 year old daughters). Although I am the only gamer in the house, they do not give me a hard time about it in the least, and buy me more games then I can keep caught up with at holidays, birthdays, Tuesdays etc...

For example, My wife knew that a new game was coming out on March 6 that I wanted but she couldn't remember if I wanted MLB 12 or Unit 13 so she picked me up a gift card for the purchase amount. However that day I went to the store at lunch and picked them both up, so rather then be mad she laughed and told me to simply buy another one...

Message 32 of 43 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 8, 2012

I could never let my lady know how much I've spent on my Vita so far!!!!  So would freakin lose it.  I acted like I need to fix a slow tire leak to go sneak to GameStop. Lol  (just had a newborn)

My son is a huge gamer.  I've somehow convinced his mother that we will be buying him a Vita of his own. (he will be getting my sloppy seconds Vita games)  Can't wait to kick his butt in every game!!!!

Message 33 of 43 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Mar 8, 2012

Dflat57, I feel you bro, I had to sell some of my personal things to get the money for the Vita, I knew my wife would flip the f*** out if i spent that much on the Vita plus the games, Oatmeal, I wish I had it like that with my wife, she tells me "when are you going to get tired of playing video games, you're 35 about to turn 36, April 2 and still you play" I tell her " I've been playing video games since acade games where main stream in the 80's before Nintendo made a home console, we were dating in 98 and I was still into video games, now, it's 2012, I'm about to turn 36 we got 4 kids( my daughter age 17-not a gamer, my 3 sons- age 12 - gamer, age 11-gamer, age 7- gamer), I highly doubt I will EVER get tired of playing and or wasting money on video games, sorry you will just have to live with it" she still gets angry about it but Oh Well, I make the money.

Message 34 of 43 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Mar 8, 2012

Man, only 197 min left on my Unit 13 download, had to breakdown and get it digitally because the stores in the bases I'm near to in Okinawa still don't have Unit 13 or MLB, I've waited long enough, I won't get both on dig because I don't want to use up all my memory space on my 8 Gig, Unit 13 will keep me busy until I can get a physical copy of the show.

Message 35 of 43 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Mar 8, 2012

I fully understand about not wanting to use up all the space on your memory card. I was torn in the beginning about how I was going to approach purchasing games on the Vita, with the downloads being a few dollars less than physical copies. In the end I decided I would buy physical copies whenever available and save my memory cards for games that are ONLY available via download, and DLC and things like that. Fortunately I am never far from a GameStop

Message 36 of 43 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Mar 8, 2012

Lucky you, and speaking of Gamestop, I think that Gamestop will be one of my first I go to so I can trade in my PSP and all 60 + UMD games I have for it, I truely loved it but since upgrading I don't see myself ever picking it up to play again, so I should get some nice store credit, I'll be going home in May for a month I can't wait

Message 37 of 43 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Mar 8, 2012

I LOVE GameStop, but their trade-ins, even for credit are often offensive. I sold my PSP3000 and 37 UMDs (2 movies 35 games) on eBay for about $400. Granted I sold my stuff as soon as I heard about the Vita and months before it's release so the PSP still had it's premium value.

I hope GameStop does you right. Hopefully you're a pro member and you can get the 10% trade-in bonus.

Message 38 of 43 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Mar 8, 2012

I def got to renew it when I get back to the states, I just finished playing Unit 13 and I'm really impressed by it, I'm satisfied with purchase I must say, it plays alot like socom FT games, sux I can't play it longer tonight (it's 1244 a.m. here now) I got to go shoot at the rifle range in about 4 hours I must sleep now, but send me a friend request so we can play some coop at a later time

Message 39 of 43 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Mar 8, 2012

Sounds like a plan to me!

Take care...

Message 40 of 43 (5 Views)
0 Likes