Aug 25 2011
By: DiamondDust816 Survivor 2338 posts

Unable to redeem ANY redeem code.

12 replies 1255 views Edited Aug 25, 2011

Hello everyone, not quite sure where exactly to post this. Anyways, I recently tried participating in a contest involving a magazine for PlayStation Home in which redeem codes were the solution to various puzzles. It involved a lot of guessing, which was a lot of entering digits and hoping it'd work. I tried using a web based code input site from Qriocity and after all that, I can't seem to redeem ANY code at all. It's been a little more than 24 hours since I began this contest trying to figure out the codes and I am still unable to redeem anything at all.

I'm curious as to how long I am locked out of redeeming anything and if I should call Sony about this issue. I'll wait a bit longer till this afternoon to wait and check once more before I do that. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what was it like for you and was it resolved? Thank you for your time!

Photobucket
Message 1 of 13 (1,255 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39975 posts

Re: Unable to redeem ANY redeem code.

Aug 25, 2011

If its PS Home related you'll be much better off posting your question on the Home Forums.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 13 (1,255 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Aug 25, 2011

did you keep trying to put in codes?? If so it may have blocked you thinking you were trying to guess codes

and no offense to you - but if thats the case i hope its a perma ban - i have gotten a new game before in a sealed package and that code was already used - luckily i got a cool service rep who gave me a new one. people who phish codes should be barred

Message 3 of 13 (1,255 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2338 posts

Aug 25, 2011

BRIT-KO wrote:

If its PS Home related you'll be much better off posting your question on the Home Forums.

Although the codes are for Home, it's a general redeem code issue. Not just a Home issue, which is why I posted it here.

@jpbslayer-  I'm not one to sit and spam codes in hopes to get lucky, but I figured it might be a safe guard to prevent that. If I'm perma banned then that's just ridiculous for the contest I tried to even use such a method in which I may end up being banned.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 13 (1,255 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Aug 25, 2011

DiamondDust816 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Although the codes are for Home, it's a general redeem code issue. Not just a Home issue, which is why I posted it here.

@jpbslayer-  I'm not one to sit and spam codes in hopes to get lucky, but I figured it might be a safe guard to prevent that. If I'm perma banned then that's just ridiculous for the contest I tried to even use such a method in which I may end up being banned.

Photobucket

yeah, sorry if i sounded harsh - but like i said i just dont like phishers - seems this contest had you doing that --- i would actually report whatever site had this

i am 99.9% sure that what they had you doing is a violation of the terms of service. your bet bet is to call sony - explain the contest and hope they restore your ability to input codes

Message 5 of 13 (1,255 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2338 posts

Aug 25, 2011

It's all right, I think phishers should be banned as well. It just sucks that now I may look like one of them and possibly banned now...

Photobucket
Message 6 of 13 (1,255 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Aug 25, 2011

jpbslayer wrote:

DiamondDust816 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Photobucket

yeah, sorry if i sounded harsh - but like i said i just dont like phishers - seems this contest had you doing that --- i would actually report whatever site had this

i am 99.9% sure that what they had you doing is a violation of the terms of service. your bet bet is to call sony - explain the contest and hope they restore your ability to input codes

It doesn't seem to affect PSN usage as a whole, just the "Redeem Code" function under Account Management. I've actually had this happen to me because of this same promotion and now even after attempting to claim a fully valid code, it pulls up as Error Code 80023156. Now I can't any promotional codes nor PSN cards :/

This isn't fault of us, the participants, or the Home Magazine who put on the promotion to begin with. I would assume this is a temporary lock for those who 'phish' for free codes, but I wish something like this was known before the magazine was released is all.

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 7 of 13 (1,255 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4899 posts

Aug 25, 2011

Yeah they lock your account from redeeming codes for a short period if you enter an excessive amount of invalid codes. Not sure of the exact time frame.

Message 8 of 13 (1,255 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2338 posts

Aug 25, 2011

SpyDudeFX wrote:

Yeah they lock your account from redeeming codes for a short period if you enter an excessive amount of invalid codes. Not sure of the exact time frame.

I figured it was just a short period of time. I also hope it's just a short period. I'll have to try again later tonight. Thank you for helping!

Photobucket
Message 9 of 13 (1,255 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Aug 25, 2011

KarateChampChad wrote:

It doesn't seem to affect PSN usage as a whole, just the "Redeem Code" function under Account Management. I've actually had this happen to me because of this same promotion and now even after attempting to claim a fully valid code, it pulls up as Error Code 80023156. Now I can't any promotional codes nor PSN cards :/

This isn't fault of us, the participants, or the Home Magazine who put on the promotion to begin with. I would assume this is a temporary lock for those who 'phish' for free codes, but I wish something like this was known before the magazine was released is all.

who runs this magazine? I or any1 else with a little knowledge of the TOS could of told you it was a violation

Message 10 of 13 (1,255 Views)
0 Likes