Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 02 2012
By: doorknob60 First Son 21 posts
Accepted Solution

Unable to download Store update

[ Edited ]
10 replies 1410 views Edited Nov 2, 2012

Ever since yesterday, I haven't been able to access the PSN store. Since they released the new interface, it asks me to download the update when I try to open the store. That's fine, except it doesn't work.

The download bar continues well past 100%, up to like 400%! One of the weirder bugs I've ever seen...It's blurry, but the % is at like 180%, and the time remaining is a very large number.

Then, it tries to install it, but the file is corrupt. The error code is 80029564

The store worked a few days ago when I bought Okami HD, but today and yesterday, I haven't been able to access it. There's a couple things I need to download from there (that I have already paid for a long time ago), so this is a problem!

Message 1 of 11 (1,410 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Re: Unable to download Store update

Nov 3, 2012

i feel your pain....i want to play OkamI HD but cannot because PSN STORE is inaccessible. This sucks. Yesterday - i applied the 4.31 update from the XMB and now when i try to access the PSN STORE it tells me to download new software and then errors out. My only available weekned for playing games and unfortunately i cant even download them - bummer. i am not a happy camper. Oh well.

What doesn't make any sense is that there is all this maintenance...and not one single post about it on the blog - i thought they learned the last time. AAARRRRGGGHHHH....!!

Message 2 of 11 (1,383 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5049 posts

Nov 3, 2012

¤ I did mine through my PSVita using remote play and had no issues.  You can try powering off your router and modem and then turn your modem back on, once thats fully up and running, power up your router and try downloading it again.  Just a thought, routers and modems need 'refreshed'  from time to time.  Hope it works out for you guys

Playstation PlusPlatinum Trophy  PSN ID: SpoolnBad                              Add Me On FacebookPSN ID: SpoolnBad"No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you ... he rubbed you. And rubbin', son, is racin'." -- Harry Hogge
Message 3 of 11 (1,373 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
834 posts

Nov 3, 2012

doorknob60 wrote:

Ever since yesterday, I haven't been able to access the PSN store. Since they released the new interface, it asks me to download the update when I try to open the store. That's fine, except it doesn't work.

The download bar continues well past 100%, up to like 400%! One of the weirder bugs I've ever seen...It's blurry, but the % is at like 180%, and the time remaining is a very large number.

Then, it tries to install it, but the file is corrupt. The error code is 80029564

The store worked a few days ago when I bought Okami HD, but today and yesterday, I haven't been able to access it. There's a couple things I need to download from there (that I have already paid for a long time ago), so this is a problem!

Error Code Details

"80029564: Can't install PlayStation Network downloaded content

• The file may be corrupted. Please delete and redownload the file again.
  • If the file was an update, delete the update and attempt to download the update again.
  • Enter Safe Mode and Rebuild Database

Corrupted downloads have been connected with errors that occur within routers and wireless access points. If the problem persists, please try the following:

1. Unplug and disconnect your wireless router and modem
  2. Connect your PS3 directly to your modem with an ethernet cable (wired connection)
  3. Plug in and turn on the modem
  4. Once the modem is fully connected, turn on the PS3

If you are able to download and install files with the PS3 wired directly to the modem, you may have an issue with your wireless connection. Click here for more information regarding how to troubleshoot the issue or contact your internet service provider."

Message 4 of 11 (1,369 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Nov 3, 2012

I've tried downloading it probably 10 times, every time it is exact same. It goes all the way to 400%, then it stops, and attempts to install it, and then at 14% in the installation, it errors out due to corrupt files. My PS3 is plugged in to a router via ethernet, it's not using wireless. I don't have a modem, I'm at college so just an ethernet jack in the wall. My cord isn't long enough to reach from the wall to my PS3 without the router in between, but I doubt the router is the problem, since it works fine with all my computers, and PSN works fine (I just downloaded 6 GB Okami HD two days ago, no problems).

I also tried resetting the database from safe mode, that didn't fix anything. Is there any way to download the store update to a USB drive on my computer and install it from there?

Message 5 of 11 (1,345 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5049 posts

Nov 3, 2012

doorknob60 wrote:

I also tried resetting the database from safe mode, that didn't fix anything. Is there any way to download the store update to a USB drive on my computer and install it from there?

¤ As of now, I don't think so.  seems like you can only get it by entering the store and having it prompt you to download the update.

Playstation PlusPlatinum Trophy  PSN ID: SpoolnBad                              Add Me On FacebookPSN ID: SpoolnBad"No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you ... he rubbed you. And rubbin', son, is racin'." -- Harry Hogge
Message 6 of 11 (1,312 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 15, 2013

I still have this exact same problem right now. Has this never been fixed? It's February. The download goes to 400% like described here, then tries to install and fails at 14%... It's the exact same issue. And it's still a problem. This is 3 months later!!! How is this not fixed yet? Does Sony not WANT us to spend money in the PSN store?

Message 7 of 11 (1,133 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Feb 15, 2013
Why don't you just buy from your PC?
Message 8 of 11 (1,130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 20, 2013
Yeah, I'm shooting right up to 400% too. I also, amusingly enough, can't use my debit card with PSN now, even on the web store. Works for Amazon, Xbox Live, GameStop, Safeway, and Plaid Pantry, but Sony is utterly convinced it's fake. Well, if you guys are really so sure you don't want my money, I guess I'll stop trying to give it to you.
Message 9 of 11 (1,080 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 20, 2013
Turns out the problem isn't limited to the store app. It's doing the same thing to me trying to download a demo, and can't install. So, if I buy a game on PC, there's a really, really good chance it won't be playable anyway.
Message 10 of 11 (1,064 Views)
0 Likes