Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 02 2012
By: Cody1774 First Son 8 posts

Unable to add funds to wallet error 56

19 replies 13382 views Edited Dec 2, 2012

This is the first time I've tried to purchase something in the updated store and I am unable to add funds to my wallet.  I get an error code of 56.  I've tried to go to the main ps3 menu and tried to add funds that way, and it would not work.  I tried to purchase the item and add funds in the checkout screen and it also did not work.  I've made a lot of purchases in the past, I know the credit card information is correct.  anyone know of any solutions to my problem?  Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (13,382 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Unable to add funds to wallet error 56

Dec 3, 2012

Hi, I've been having the same problem for the past 2-3 weeks. Its frustrating because I just bought a new PS3 and I can't buy any games at all. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (13,339 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Dec 3, 2012

I've had people tell me adding funds through sonyentertainmentnetwork.com didn't work for them, just try it to see how it goes.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (13,336 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 5, 2012

I went into my billing info and updated it. Make sure your billing info matches your CC info...

sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (13,190 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Dec 9, 2012

Ive been getting this as well... Id LOVE to buy Far Cry 3 now that I have the money for it, But I guess I wont be able to... I have triple checked my credit card 5 times over and all my info... Everything is right...

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (13,040 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2012

Last time i was able to add funds was around 12/2/2012... since then apparently the CC info, which was used for other things, is invalid on psn... hoping this issue solves itself.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (12,973 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 11, 2012

Im having this exact same problem too. It is the first time its ever happened to me and I know the problem is not my card since I just bought something on xbox. I've tried adding funds through account management, store checkout, and the SEN website and all of them give error messages.

Account/Transaction Management: "An error occured (80023102)"

PSN Store Checkout: "Unable to add funds to your wallet (56) / An error occured (2)"

SEN: "Unable to add funds to your wallet. Please try again later".

How can a company survive if they refuse to take money?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (12,952 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1261 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

you obviously missed something that's not right.... there's nothing wrong with the store lmao. I had the same problem in the summer. I checked and rechecked everything 10 times, spent an hour on these and other forums.... couldn't figure out why it wasn't working..... The next day when i wasn't so annoyed and my head was clearer I realized I hadn't changed the expiration date after I was issued my new card for the next few years. lol..... I buy things on here monthly, and except for that one time there's never been a problem with the store. Stop blaming sony when it's user error.... rofl

there IS another probability..... your internet isn't as good as you think it is or for some other reason it cuts out for a second, the EXACT time you hit confirm in the store to add funds... hell idk

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (12,946 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 11, 2012

I did not miss anything or enter wrong infromation, i typed it word for word off my creditcard statement. And it's not my internet if it doesnt work on the SEN website either.

I will continue to blame sony as long as sony is at fault.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (12,930 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1261 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

whatever.... well statements dont' have everything either. like the other half of your zip you usually don't see on mail (or even know). MY bank doesnt' use that half of the zip but I've read posts of other people that run into this and they finally figured out their bank does. Hell my CC and when I signed up in the first place for the card I put / it has my middle initial,.....   but the statements dont.  I forget if you use the 3 digit security code on the back of the CC when you sign up for PSN, but that changes as well when you're issued a new card. I think. I've seen people that have addresses with... let's say Ct. in their address, the statement said Ct. for their address, but for some reason w/o them knowing they had to spell out COURT for it to work. Have you tried calling your bank to verify how everything's listed and even spelled (i forget if you said you did in the first post and I can't see the 1st post atm).

Just keep this in mind. I've NEVER SEEN one single freaking post on any site where it actually was sony's fault in a situation like this. It always ended up being something the user didnt' have right (like my expiration date I mentioned above). The only times it was sony's fault.... the store was actually down / fracked up atm. And well...... it's not.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (12,924 Views)
0 Likes