Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Re: *UnOfficial* List of PlayStation Vita Games with "Disabled Network Functions"

Feb 20, 2012

Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Super Stardust Delta. Ouch. That's a low blow.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 50 of 76 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
554 posts

Re: *UnOfficial* List of PlayStation Vita Games with "Disabled Network Functions"

Feb 20, 2012

I agree with everyone else that allowing developers to block the network features from its users during gameplay  looks to become trend. As a whole collective group we should let Sony know that we want full network features during any game regardless of batterylife. Ill be honest in the fact that these features where one of the main selling points for me.

Message 51 of 76 (69 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10901 posts

Feb 20, 2012

If network resources remained active, you'd have complaints about the battery lasting an hour or less.

Message 52 of 76 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Not me anyway. Not if we had the option. What's the point of having Messages, Friends, and other social apps when I'll be seen as offline most of the time? So really offline isn't really offline, more like not available. It's ridiculous. MOST games better not have this feature.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 53 of 76 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 20, 2012

I miss the old WLAN switch on the PSP.

Photobucket
Message 54 of 76 (69 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10901 posts

Feb 20, 2012

It could also be a performance issue.  Chat and other network activities would slow your game down.  If what I've been reading is accurate, Uncharted pushes the system to it's limits as far as graphics and screen refresh rates go.  If you take part of the system away from it, screen freezes and slower refresh rates.

Regardless of reports that the Vita nearly matches the PS3 for processing power, it's still a mobile grade processor.

Message 55 of 76 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
554 posts

Feb 20, 2012

If anyone else runs into any other games feel free to post the title's name.

Message 56 of 76 (69 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1356 posts

Feb 20, 2012

invader113 wrote:

To say they do that to conserve battery is a silly argument. How we spend our battery's time should be up to us. If not with a hardware switch like the psp then with a software setting. And it really contradicts the social aspect of the console that SONY is advertising so heavily.

What if I were waiting for a group of friends to log on to get into a game, and I decide to play another game in the mean time to kill a few minutes? I wouldn't get a pop up notification, like I get on the iPhone I'm typing on right now, when they show up?

Another conflict is for the customers that pay for the "always on" 3G service. I'm getting the wifi, but if I were going for the 3G I'd be even more upset.

Battery life is a concern for all mobile electronics, which is why we have settings menus so WE can decide whichs features are worth it to US to spend our battery on. I hope this over sight will be fixed soon via fw update.

i113

RIP Michael Jackson 8-29-58 - 6-25-09

Its all a battery life issue like BBurgSteve said it wouldn't last long.

Message 57 of 76 (69 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1356 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Ming_Dragon wrote:

Thats out? O_o

In some stores my target was sold out.

Message 58 of 76 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Feb 20, 2012

I think that when you're playing a game that disables network features it shows your status on the friends app as a yellow light. I'm assuming that means that you're on the vita playing a game that disables network features. I could also be completely wrong too.

Message 59 of 76 (69 Views)
0 Likes