Jul 13 2012
By: GuRuAsaki2098 Uncharted Territory 1804 posts

UnAchievable Trophies: Thoughts?

8 replies 400 views Edited Jul 13, 2012

Oky, so what do people think should be done about these so called UnAchievable Trophies? 
I know for one, if a Game releases Trophies for it's Online Play, that you need to play Online to Achieve them... Right?

But what happens if you haven't Achieved it yet, & yet they take the Servers down?
How are you going to Achieve these Trophies, you can't...

So does anyone think there should be something done about this?

Any thoughts? Just wandering, i'm just curious is all...

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 1 of 9 (400 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Re: UnAchievable Trophies: Thoughts?

Jul 13, 2012

Yeah, IMO there shouldnt be any trophies for  multiplayer.

Its not fair for the few people out there that do not have internet, (Im sure they are some), and some games just have an outragous difficulty in trophies for multiplayer.

I do see your point though. As a game ages and loses popularity the servers get shut down, then you cant get the platinum for the game.

I say they should release a patch for the game that they are shutting the servers down. The patch would be to give the multiplayer trophies instantly. Problem solved!!  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9 (396 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1804 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2012

I was thinking that, or maybe a Patch to Remove any Locked Online Trophies from your Trophy List, to show you Achieved Platinum without getting those, I dunno... Or maybe a way to give something for those said Trophies, just thoughts... 

I really just don't like seeing Trophies Locked, & sitting there without the possibility of ever Achieving them, ever again...
Seems pointless to have such a thing...

Just my thought... 

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 3 of 9 (392 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Jul 14, 2012

jayistheway wrote:

Yeah, IMO there shouldnt be any trophies for  multiplayer.

Its not fair for the few people out there that do not have internet, (Im sure they are some), and some games just have an outragous difficulty in trophies for multiplayer.

I do see your point though. As a game ages and loses popularity the servers get shut down, then you cant get the platinum for the game.

I say they should release a patch for the game that they are shutting the servers down. The patch would be to give the multiplayer trophies instantly. Problem solved!!  Smiley Happy

This guy said everything I tought xD

And I believe this decrease the sales of older games with mp trophies, I know I wouldn't buy a game wich server has been shuted down, whats the point of getting a game with multiplayer then?

Message 4 of 9 (381 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40573 posts

Jul 14, 2012

I have no issue with servers being taken down for a game that is hardly played anymore, as for people that don't have internet, whether it be for cost reasons or because it's not available in their area (there are still one or two outposts in the USA without DSL/Broadband), I don't see giving those people assistance because of that an option, sorry but I don't, I do however have an issue with some online trophies in that you need say 50 friends to like a level you created in LBP, those kind of trophies are dumb in my view.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 5 of 9 (372 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10158 posts

Jul 14, 2012
The only other thing is, what if the games online is not active. I once bought a game on release day, and online was never active in it, and it has online trophies.

I really don`t like online trophies, Sometimes they are even so hard they are almost unattainable. I much perfer Single player trophies, (offline multiplayer is ok, because they can be gotten by you offline.)
Message 6 of 9 (367 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1804 posts

Jul 14, 2012

Or maybe Games should not rely on Online to Achieve Platinum... 

I know for a Fact, I bought a Game on Release, just after it came out, & the Game had already lost it's Servers, so I'll never be able to play Online, no matter what, & I was really excited about the Online feature for it, I was so disapointed, Smiley Sad

I'm just glad the Game never had Trophies implemented into it...

But there are other Games however that I did buy which no longer support Servers, & they do have Trophy support, which ticks me off, that I'll never be able to Reach Platinum, because of this... 

It makes sense, when servers are shut down, a Game should be Removed from being bought, but see this is where I find multiple ways to play is the best form of Game Play for any Game... 

1.)   Single Player Story Mode...
2.)   Co-Op Offline Story Mode...
3.)   Co-Op Online Story Mode... 
4.)   Multi-Player Offline Mode...
5.)   Multi-Player Online Mode...
6.)   Bot Mode...
7.)   Spectator Mode...
8.)   Tag-Team Mode (A. I. / CPU)... 
9.)   Tag-Team Mode (Human / Player)...

10.) Various Game Types... (Capture The Flag, Conquest, Bag Man, Such, & Such)...

11.) Ect., ect., ect.

Having all of these Modes prevents the Player from getting bored, & also allows the Player to view their Games at a new Perspective, no matter how they play, or which Mode they use... 

It also allows the Player to stay interested in a Game, weather Online or Offline is played... 
No? 

Online Trophies for Games where their Servers were taken down, should be delt with...
Weather it be just removing them, or automatically giving them to people, I still say something should be done... xD! 

Taking Servers down for Games are the very Reason I hate when Trophies, or even Features for a Game themself are Required to have Online Play... Motor Storm Apocalypse is the worst Game to Achieve 100% in... 

All your customizable features, Awards, achievements, Trophies, & anything else you can think of Relies souly on the Purpous of On-Line Play, **bleep**... Thats horrible... You cannot Achieve any of these without Online Play, so if they took the Servers down, your Game is now useless... There is a Story Mode, but beating it, doesn't progress you any further into the Game at all, as a matter of Fact, you can't play Single Player without the use of Multiplayer, anyways, because without the Upgrades for your Vehicles, you can't Upgrade, which means the Game just keeps getting harder, & harder, until you become stuck... Without Online Play, you are Stale Mated in the Game... 

No Game should ever be made this way, such BS... I'm just glad the Servers are still Online as of right now... 

Maybe Trophies should only be in Offline Mode... Just make all your Online Trophies be Offline Support... 
Heck, that would be the best way to deal with UnAchievable Trophies...

They should all be (Online / Offline) Compatible, =D 
Fixed Trophies right there, lOlz... 

1 or the other, is not an Option, both is the only way to go, lOl...

Playstation 4
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 7 of 9 (362 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Jul 15, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

I have no issue with servers being taken down for a game that is hardly played anymore, as for people that don't have internet, whether it be for cost reasons or because it's not available in their area (there are still one or two outposts in the USA without DSL/Broadband), I don't see giving those people assistance because of that an option, sorry but I don't, I do however have an issue with some online trophies in that you need say 50 friends to like a level you created in LBP, those kind of trophies are dumb in my view.

Yeah BRIT-KO, I hate them trophies too. Also, I live in upstate NY; in the heart of the Catskil mountains, and there are thousands of people around me here in the mountains whose only choice is satellite internet, which is from what I hear impossible to play online games with. These online only trophies are just ridiculous. I am thankful I have a 5 mb DSL connection, but right up the road there is no ISP to speak of. Think of how those PS3 trophy hunters think of online trophies, lol. Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 9 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2712 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2012

Oh my word a Britownage sighting. Smiley Tongue

On topic I absolutely despise online trophies. I mean, I'm not a hardcore trophy hunter or anything but I can't be expected to get 10,000 kills in Resistance 2. OMG it's almost impossible to get it now because the community died within months of its original release. At least Insomniac got it right with Resistance 3 and  had no online trophies which I happily got platinum for.

Yeah it sucks when servers go down but what can you do? If it's a terrible game in the first place I wouldn't shed a tear. Just the other day I hopped on Uncharted 2 MP and didn't find a single soul. It's only natural games die out if they're old, and if the servers shut down then so be it.

Message 9 of 9 (339 Views)
0 Likes