Highlighted
Nov 22 2011
By: DavidMHK First Son 1 posts

USB Audio Adapter & PS3

3 replies 2381 views Edited Nov 22, 2011

I have a LED TV in my living room, but my parents wont let me play there.

So I'm playing in my room with fat old TV, and I can't read any thing cuz of the resolution.

I decided to connect my PS3 to my computer monitor since it has two inputs, so I bought a HDMI to DVI cable.

Then I realized that my computer monitor dont have any speakers, obviously...

So I did some research, and I found out that I can use USB Audio Adapter to connect my headset that I use for PC to hear the In-Game sound and the chat sound.

So I bought one on ebay, plugged it in to my PS3, but I can only hear the chat sound and only that. I cannot hear anything else.

And now... I need help... Any one know why it's not working, or how to fix it??

I would really appriciate your help, Thank you.

SDC11865.JPG

^^^ This is my USB Audio Adapter

SDC11866.JPG

^^^ And This is my headset.

Message 1 of 4 (2,381 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Re: USB Audio Adapter & PS3

Nov 22, 2011

The PS3 only outputs chat audio through to USB or Bluetooth. If you want game audio, then you have to get it from the RCA red-white cables with a RCA to 3.5 mm stereo minijack adaptor. You can probably find the part at the dollar store or Radioshack.

Message 2 of 4 (2,381 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Nov 22, 2011

There might be a way to use the wireless adapter you’ve purchased since the new Sony Wireless Stereo Headset uses the same method (usb) to wirelessly send game sounds to the headset.

Not sure how and if it would work though..

I'm assuming you've already played with the Audio Settings in the PS3 menu.

Message 3 of 4 (2,381 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Nov 22, 2011

spidey_the wrote:

There might be a way to use the wireless adapter you’ve purchased since the new Sony Wireless Stereo Headset uses the same method (usb) to wirelessly send game sounds to the headset.

No, it won't work the same way because Sony specifically coded in functionality for the Wireless Stereo Headset. It doesn't apply to regular USB devices.

Message 4 of 4 (2,381 Views)
0 Likes