Sackboy
610 posts

Re: UNABLE TO HOOK-UP NEW PS3 WITH THE AV CABLE CORD INCLUDED WITH SYSTEM

Dec 27, 2008
Make sure you select the input on your tv that your ps3 is plugged into first.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1700 posts

Dec 27, 2008

QUEENKALEI wrote:
WE JUST GOT A NEW PS3 FOR OUR HOUSE AND WE CAN'T GET IT HOOKED UP USING THE INCLUDED AV CABLE CORD. WE HAVE TRIED 3 DIFFERENT TVS AND IT STILL WON'T WORK. EVERYTHING TURNS ON BUT THERE IS NO PICTURE. WE TRIED THE 5 SECONDS RESET TOO. WE ALSO EXCHANGED IT AT BEST BUY FOR A NEW PS3 AND THAT ONE DOESN'T WORK EITHER. WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO? DO WE HAVE TO BUY A HDMI CORD OR COMPONENT CORD? WHY WON'T THE AV CABLE CORD THAT CAME WITH THE SYSTEM WORK? PLEASE HELP THIS FUSTRATED FAMILY! LOL!

Try resetting the display settings by pressing and holding the power button when the PS3 is in standby
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3232 posts

Dec 27, 2008

QUEENKALEI wrote:
WE JUST GOT A NEW PS3 FOR OUR HOUSE AND WE CAN'T GET IT HOOKED UP USING THE INCLUDED AV CABLE CORD. WE HAVE TRIED 3 DIFFERENT TVS AND IT STILL WON'T WORK. EVERYTHING TURNS ON BUT THERE IS NO PICTURE. WE TRIED THE 5 SECONDS RESET TOO. WE ALSO EXCHANGED IT AT BEST BUY FOR A NEW PS3 AND THAT ONE DOESN'T WORK EITHER. WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO? DO WE HAVE TO BUY A HDMI CORD OR COMPONENT CORD? WHY WON'T THE AV CABLE CORD THAT CAME WITH THE SYSTEM WORK? PLEASE HELP THIS FUSTRATED FAMILY! LOL!

you say "new" but do you mean new to you, or brand new? If you bought it used, it could have been last used with an HDMI cable, and so set to use that instead of the multi-a/v. So try and do a video setting reset. Press and hold the power button (while the system is in standby) until you hear a second beep, you should then be able to use the a/v cable (doing a video settings reset puts it back to the factory settings of 480i (sdtv) through the multi-a/v port).

If you have a brand new unit, take it back, it may very well be defective (it happens :smileysad:)

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (67 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 27, 2008
YEAH IT'S A BRAND NEW PS3 AND WE DID PLUG THE AV CABLE CORD INTO THE RIGHT INPUT ON TVS...PLUS WE USED THE PS3 AV CORD TO HOOK UP PS2 AND IT WORKED BUT IT WON'T WORK WITH PS3. WE HAVE RESET IT AND TRIED OVER AND OVER. SO I DON'T KNOW?
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9193 posts

Dec 27, 2008

QUEENKALEI wrote:

are you sure you put the wires in the right spot...

yellow=video

red and white = audio

you must match the color of the jacks to the color of the connectors

or else you could get some weird issues... oh and also if you did and still isnt working its either the cord is defective or there is something wrong with your tv

>

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Dec 27, 2008

Make sure its plugged in. No seriously.

Judging by your inability to turn off 'caps lock' I realy wouldent be surprised

Just make sure the right leads go to the right inputs (e.g the red one plugs into the red input......surprise surprise)

If thats all fine, hold down the on button for a few seconds while you turn it on.

But 2 PS3's? I think the PS3's are fine tbh :smileytongue:

Nobodys perfect...I am nobody.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (67 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18291 posts

Dec 28, 2008

QUEENKALEI wrote:
YEAH IT'S A BRAND NEW PS3 AND WE DID PLUG THE AV CABLE CORD INTO THE RIGHT INPUT ON TVS...PLUS WE USED THE PS3 AV CORD TO HOOK UP PS2 AND IT WORKED BUT IT WON'T WORK WITH PS3. WE HAVE RESET IT AND TRIED OVER AND OVER. SO I DON'T KNOW?

We are not blind you know. There is no need to use  caps. 

Anyways, since you are such lucky queen, then why don't you try to hook the PS3 to another TV and see if it works. I mean, it is a really simple connection and all the tips and work around that can be giving are found in this thread. If none of them work then I think you should lower your title from queen to something else.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
627 posts

Dec 28, 2008

did u turn the swich on in the back?

are you getting power?

is there a light on the system at all?

If you tried all this and it still dos'nt work Im calling shenanigans!

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
627 posts

Dec 28, 2008

is your TV plugged in?

Sieriously dude do some trouble shooting. think of the most obvious thing first.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (67 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 2, 2013

I was having the same issue with the AV cord not working. One of our tv's has HDMI cable access and the other doesn't.  When I hooked up the AV cables, nothing would happen. I tried the 30 second reset (holding the power button down) and it worked. Thanks heavens, I was getting frustrated :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (52 Views)
0 Likes