Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 27 2008
By: QUEENKALEI First Son 2 posts

UNABLE TO HOOK-UP NEW PS3 WITH THE AV CABLE CORD INCLUDED WITH SYSTEM

19 replies 1438 views Edited Dec 27, 2008
WE JUST GOT A NEW PS3 FOR OUR HOUSE AND WE CAN'T GET IT HOOKED UP USING THE INCLUDED AV CABLE CORD. WE HAVE TRIED 3 DIFFERENT TVS AND IT STILL WON'T WORK. EVERYTHING TURNS ON BUT THERE IS NO PICTURE. WE TRIED THE 5 SECONDS RESET TOO. WE ALSO EXCHANGED IT AT BEST BUY FOR A NEW PS3 AND THAT ONE DOESN'T WORK EITHER. WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO? DO WE HAVE TO BUY A HDMI CORD OR COMPONENT CORD? WHY WON'T THE AV CABLE CORD THAT CAME WITH THE SYSTEM WORK? PLEASE HELP THIS FUSTRATED FAMILY! LOL!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (1,438 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Re: UNABLE TO HOOK-UP NEW PS3 WITH THE AV CABLE CORD INCLUDED WITH SYSTEM

Dec 27, 2008
You sure you placed the cords in the right place?
Maybe it's a damaged A/V cord?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (1,438 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Dec 27, 2008
two ps3's doing the exact same thing... do you have the tv on the correct channel/source? if your tv does have an hdmi input, i would recommend using an hdmi cable, go to monoprice.com and you can get one for under $10 shipped.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (1,438 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18665 posts

Dec 27, 2008

QUEENKALEI wrote:
WE JUST GOT A NEW PS3 FOR OUR HOUSE AND WE CAN'T GET IT HOOKED UP USING THE INCLUDED AV CABLE CORD. WE HAVE TRIED 3 DIFFERENT TVS AND IT STILL WON'T WORK. EVERYTHING TURNS ON BUT THERE IS NO PICTURE. WE TRIED THE 5 SECONDS RESET TOO. WE ALSO EXCHANGED IT AT BEST BUY FOR A NEW PS3 AND THAT ONE DOESN'T WORK EITHER. WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO? DO WE HAVE TO BUY A HDMI CORD OR COMPONENT CORD? WHY WON'T THE AV CABLE CORD THAT CAME WITH THE SYSTEM WORK? PLEASE HELP THIS FUSTRATED FAMILY! LOL!

All the following might sound kind of obvious but a check list is a check list.

• Make sure you are connecting the AV cable to an "Input" connection not "Output"
  • Make sure that you select the right video input to be displayed on the TV.   ex. Video1, Video2, etc...
  • Make sure to you follow the color coding. Red with red, white with white and yellow with yellow.

I mean, it should work right out of the box no problem   If you are doing the above right then all I can say is, you sure have some awesome luck to have gotten two broken PS3s one right after the other.
Message Edited by Xuchilbara on 12-27-2008 05:08 AM
7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (1,438 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3087 posts

Dec 27, 2008

QUEENKALEI wrote:
No insult intended but honestly you must be doing something wrong if 2 PS3's didn't work for you.  Make sure you have everything hooked up properly and that your TV sets are set to the proper inputs.  And the 5 second reset thing shouldn't be a problem because I'm fairly certain new PS3's are set to 480 resolution so they should work on any TV set. 

Message Edited by TheBigGreenHoody on 12-27-2008 02:08 AM
“All praises to the Playstation!” - Samuel L. Jackson Snakes On A Plane
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (1,438 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3032 posts

Dec 27, 2008

When the ps3 is off try and hold down the power button on the consol for like 30 seconds (keep holding down even when system boots up) and it should reset it to whatever cord you're trying to use. It will shut back off and than just push power button again.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (1,438 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
736 posts

Dec 27, 2008

Johnnieabraham wrote:

When the ps3 is off try and hold down the power button on the consol for like 30 seconds (keep holding down even when system boots up) and it should reset it to whatever cord you're trying to use. It will shut back off and than just push power button again.

Dude, 30 secs is a little much
MW2 = epic
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (1,438 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18665 posts

Dec 27, 2008

Johnnieabraham wrote:

Right out of the box??????? There isn't and shouldn't be any reason to do that.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (1,438 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3087 posts

Dec 27, 2008

Xuchilbara wrote:

Johnnieabraham wrote:

Right out of the box??????? There isn't and shouldn't be any reason to do that.

I agree.  The PS3 is set to run on 480 out of the box so it should work on any tv set so long as the hook ups are correct. 

“All praises to the Playstation!” - Samuel L. Jackson Snakes On A Plane
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (1,438 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15166 posts

Dec 27, 2008
My cables didn't work and I used my PS2 cable and it worked, and the one that came with my PS3 worked with my PS2:smileyvery-happy:.
Message Edited by CrazyCanuck90 on 12-27-2008 02:47 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (1,438 Views)
0 Likes