Wastelander
922 posts

Re: UMvsC or BlazBLue???

Feb 18, 2012

Don't forget Street Fighter X Tekken is coming out too sometime in the near future. They said Shortly after the console versions release which is March 6th. Mortal Kombat will come out probably around April. As for the question of BlazBlue or Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. It's tough to say. BlazBlue takes more of a learning curve to master the fighting styles. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 you can just mash buttons to win.

Message 11 of 27 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Feb 18, 2012

only thing i really dislike about MVC is xfactor and I have friends that 100% my chars health in 1 combo :-(.

Also Mortal Kombat is a fighting game without a steep lerning curb and is fun to just pick up and play so with what a couple people said above it might be a good choice

Message 12 of 27 (90 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Feb 18, 2012

UMVC3 is the 1st game I bought for my Vita, it is more noob friendly than BlazBlue, I find the combos much easier to connect. BlazBlue is more technical and has a way better storyline.

Get UMVC3, if you're only planning to play on the go. Get BlazBlue, if you're willing to invest a lot of time in mastering every character.

Message 13 of 27 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Feb 18, 2012

I will agree with you on that blazblue can be hard to master, but has a few chars that are newb friendly. Overall MVC is a way more noob friendly game.

I don't know about needing more time for Blazblue though. The story for it is long and awesome, but with every fighting game it takes allot of practice to get good at it. It would prob require allot of time for any fighting game someone picks up to get decent.

Honestly the best thing that can be said at this one is which one is the OP going to want to play more often?

Message 14 of 27 (90 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 20, 2012

I'm definitely getting Mortal Kombat.

I just really want a fighting game just to hold me off...

Message 15 of 27 (90 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Feb 20, 2012

I was having the same debate. I chose MvC because I'm far more familiar with the Marvel and Capcom characters than the BlazBlue characters. I also thought about having more online players and the speed of the game. So UMvC won in the end.

Message 16 of 27 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Imma get them both and call it a day, since the lineup doesn't give me many options anyway.

Message 17 of 27 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1767 posts

Feb 20, 2012

BlazBlue, no question about it. Takes time to learn some of the characters and it's a completely rewarding experience once you learn how to play fluidly with any of the characters.

UMvC3 is a button masher. I can button mash the AI to death even on Very Hard with minimal Health loss.

Can't wait for Mortal Kombat and SFxT!

...My Hamster told me to!
Message 18 of 27 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Feb 20, 2012

was blazblue originally a wii title? is so, i think i had seen a x-play story on it awhile back. if i remember correctly, it is like mvc but it's cast relies heavily on japaneese characters we just don't see in the states. anyone please correct me if i am wrong and let me know what game i am confused with. back too the subject at hand.... i have only played umvc3 and i play it more than uncharted golden abyss. and way way more than super stardust delta and little deviants. i too have played mvc3 on a console (xbox360). yet here i am enjoying the hell out of it still and trying to complete it again as well as taking up a few matches here and there. and having had known the characters adds a bit of nostalgia to the experience everytime. if anyone is into the fighting genre of gaming, i don't see how anyone could go wrong with picking up umvc3.

Message 19 of 27 (90 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6918 posts

Feb 20, 2012

Sounds like you're thinking of Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

Message 20 of 27 (90 Views)
0 Likes