Nov 26 2013
By: TheONeill First Son 6 posts

UI needs work

6 replies 165 views Edited Nov 26, 2013

Don't get me wrong.  I like the setup of it, but there are some major tweaks that are needed. 

For instance, today as I was trying to close Resogun and BF4 was downloading an update, it somehow switched focus to BF4, and since I did PS button, options, and what I thought was close, what I really did was delete BF4.

Now I"m downloading another 35 GB's or so with updates which is a major chunk of my bandwidth cap.

So in essence, please tweak the 'delete' option in two ways, and thirdly don't switch focus on someone.

Doon't put the delete game option right next to close application button.  This is immensely STUPID.  Put it last on the list of options.  So on the rare occassion you want to delete a game, you can simply go down a few more options, and thus takes a more concerted effort to delete a game.

2nd, have a confirmation screen before deletion

I caught it too late, just as I was depressing the button, and initially I thought it was just Resogun.  But instead because the focus was lost it actually deleted Battlefield 4.

This really is unacceptable.

Other than that I like the UI, but the close and delete and switching focus simply are going to create lots of irritating problems.

FIX IT!!!!!

Message 1 of 7 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Re: UI needs work

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2013

Or just take this as a learning experience and realize you made a simple mistake...

A confirmation screen is a good suggestion for keeping folks from making this easy mistake but responsibilty for it still rests with the user.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 2 of 7 (154 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 26, 2013

And Please add HBO GO to the Tv & Movies.  

Message 3 of 7 (142 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2013

I wouldn't say learning experience, since I already had thought about this since it was the first thing I noticed when I closed the first game I played on PS4.

11 days later my suspicions were right.

Oh and another good suggestion is that when you enter in a promotional code, it should AUTOMATICALLY SET UP FOR DOWNLOAD.

I entered two promotional codes and thought it was automatically download it, but there is this little non-labelled button  you have to move to to and click download. 

If you don't, your one time code is used and you get nothing.  Currently having quite a crazy encounter with Amazon with that one trying to get the codes replaced.

So I guess overall the UI has screwed me twice, and they are easily fixable.

But these oversights have caused me some major headaches, and I'm sure it will hit others.

Message 4 of 7 (133 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
864 posts

Nov 26, 2013
Lol. You don't lose your code if you forget to click a button.
Message 5 of 7 (123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Actually you do, Mr. thinks he is All knowing one but is instead only showing his/her ignorance.

It's a one time use code.  If you don't download it there at THAT screen, the code is used up, and does not show up in your list of purchases/downloads.

If you are so sure, try it yourself while twitching it, and post the link here.

Message 6 of 7 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2013

Responsiblity rests with the user is a cop out.  Wow great forums here.  A person who has two problems with the UI that is causing an issue, and I get a... it's your fault and a denial response.   SMH.

What part about I was on Resogun trying to close IT, and when an application is OPEN the first option is CLOSE but when an application isn't open, the first option is delete.

...but when it lost focus....NOT BECAUSE I SWITCHED FOCUS...but it automatically did it, RIGHT AT THE MOMENT I WAS CLOSING RESOGUN...so I didn't notice it switched until I was depressing the button.

Believe me holier than thou folks, this can happen to you.    We're talking about a split second change here.

Let's try this again.

You go to close a game, a tenth a second or less beforehand  you hit the button it switches focus, but you don't notice since it was so fast, and you might be distracted.  So instead of closing Resougn, you are deleting another game.

People think it's wise to blame the user?  Wow.  Simply wow. 

Hell let's use another example.  How about sometimes when you drive your car....sometimes the right pedal is a brake and other times the gas.  But you don't have control over which one is currently selected since its focus can be controlled by the CPU in the car.   So I guess any car accident by this process would be the drivers fault.

Message 7 of 7 (102 Views)
0 Likes