I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Re: Two games that are better than Monster Hunter

Feb 19, 2013

prowood420 wrote:
If MH came to psvita I would not Buy it

I recently learned that the Monster Hunter game coming to the WiiU is also going to be on 3DS and they will be able to share saved games, as well as play together online.  That is pretty impressive, I must admit.

Now if Capcom were to bring that combination to the PS3 and Vita, and it had online play to boot, that would be very compelling.  Lots of folks would be happy and hey, I'd try it out.

However, I would still probably prefer God Eater 2 because of the AI players helping you out.  We can't always be network connected when we play games here the USA.

PSNProfiles.com - InfinityDevil
Message 21 of 37 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Feb 19, 2013
You can share save state vía ps3 and psvita With certain games already
Message 22 of 37 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1515 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2013

PhoenixDowny wrote:

I played the Monster Hunter demo on the PSP and liked it but now I'm more inclinded toward Soul Sacrifice. Soul Sacrifice will have online multiplayer unlike Monster Hunter. 

I really think you cant compare the two. In monster hunter you MIGHT have more actual combat move finese. Rolling, dodging ect. ect. I think soul sacrifice will use more magic effects. I have soul sacrifice on order also. Monster Hunter is not an easy game. I have two PSPs and I adhoc with my seven year old.  I have used AD HOC PARTY also.There are some really good players there. I am a novice because  I have not invested too much time in it. Every time I pick it up I love it. There is TONS to do.You can battle for half an hour. One false move  and your done. Just when you think tou have a monsters pattern down they can switch it up and go AGRO and your done. Im a glutton for punishment. I love demons souls, dark souls. I usually play alone and I do not look up cheats.Many times Ill re think  a new approach and still get hammered. Lets just say I get my moneys worth out of a game. I just put it down and ponder what I might do next in a couple days. You gotta love these game types.

If your purchase point for this game is a smooth online multiplayer you better re-evaluate.I play ragnarock online  and you have to kick a lot of people to get a smooth game on the VITA. You better have a room full people with  nearly full bars. I have FIOS 50/25.

I am really excited for Soul sacrifice, I love" dark"games.

Message 23 of 37 (179 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Feb 20, 2013
I had a very good experience playing Ragnarok Odyssey on Vita. It handled online issues very well by slowing the game down instead of having it die completely.
Message 24 of 37 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1515 posts

Feb 20, 2013

prowood420 wrote:

It is on VITA, but you can only go head to head with another VITA and I dont know anything about it working with ADHOC PARTY. 

I have two copies and two PSPS. I wont but it twice again just to play it on VITA.

SHHHH dont tell anyone. I will buy the new one  on  the tendo3dsxl bundle in black Smiley Happy))))) Its gonna be sweet. My excuse is giving my current machine to my 3 yr old. They have cool stuff on there for baby girls.

If they ever develop a NEW one for the VITA . ILL BUY IT as long as it is different than the tendo new one.

MH is a must have for any library...hours and hours of game play.

Message 25 of 37 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1515 posts

Feb 20, 2013

InfinityDevil wrote:

prowood420 wrote:

I recently learned that the Monster Hunter game coming to the WiiU is also going to be on 3DS and they will be able to share saved games, as well as play together online.  That is pretty impressive, I must admit.

Now if Capcom were to bring that combination to the PS3 and Vita, and it had online play to boot, that would be very compelling.  Lots of folks would be happy and hey, I'd try it out.

However, I would still probably prefer God Eater 2 because of the AI players helping you out.  We can't always be network connected when we play games here the USA.

I think we will be going there with the PS4, but not with monster MH or GE2...Were gonna get something though.

Message 26 of 37 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1515 posts

Feb 20, 2013

prowood420 wrote:
You can share save state vía ps3 and psvita With certain games already

Oh yes you can and I use it for GODS OF WAR, and Final Fantasy. I never played through GOW 1 and 2 completely  so when my kids take away my TVS I go to the VITA and play those games with the disc loaded in my PS3. I think ALL STARS shares the gamesave also.

Actually  the save stays on the PS3. Battle ALL STARS actually shares the save  and you can go multiplayer on the VITA with other people playing  on the PS3, just not your PS3 at the same time. I think BLAZ BLUE allows this too.

Things are getting pretty interesting.

Message 27 of 37 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1515 posts

Feb 20, 2013

InfinityDevil wrote:
I had a very good experience playing Ragnarok Odyssey on Vita. It handled online issues very well by slowing the game down instead of having it die completely.

How do you slow it down? I just apologise then kick the people with no bars. I seem to be missing the option that makes everyone wait for you to go to the next section,as the party leader.Is that option still in the game?

Message 28 of 37 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Feb 20, 2013
Your loss. Only people who diss MH or who claim SS or any of the other MH based games are better are either jaded fans who are pissy Nintendo got the exclusive or who never played MH and thus don't understand how awesome the game is~.
Message 29 of 37 (165 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Ragnarok Odyssey

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2013

Riptide8 wrote:

InfinityDevil wrote:

How do you slow it down? I just apologise then kick the people with no bars. I seem to be missing the option that makes everyone wait for you to go to the next section,as the party leader.Is that option still in the game?

The game automatically slows itself down while you are playing if there are connection issues to keep it together.  Sometimes it speeds up, sometimes the slowest person drops out voluntarily or gets disconnected and then the game will speed itself up again.
  You don't choose to slow it down or not, it does it itself.

Ragnarok Odyssey only makes you go all together and wait for everyone to be present when entering or leaving a boss fight.  In all other cases you can travel between the room-like zones separately without any problem.

I had a lot of fun with the game and even managed to get the Platinum trophy in it.  Bought it for full price off the PSN Store as well when I couldn't find any copies at retail the week after Hurricane Sandy.

Message 30 of 37 (163 Views)
0 Likes