Message 32 of 37 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Re: Two games that are better than Monster Hunter

Feb 26, 2013

prowood420 wrote:
Thats right a rebel just think mh Is lame

I really wish I could think the same thing, buddy. I really really do. But I can't. And next month I'm spending 400 bucks just so I can play the newest "iteration". Nintendo and Capcom are going to be high fiving in March. I don't give a crap, because I'll be digging for mountain herbs and bagging some Rathalos. Play whatever you wanna play.

Message 33 of 37 (154 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 26, 2013
Absolutely cannot agree with you. RO and God Eater are simple games that revolve around "dash in, land a few hits, dash out". Rinse and repeat until you win. Monster Hunter is so much more than that. It requires preparation, practice, precision, timing, finesse. The combat in RO and God Eater are almost boring to me compared to MH.

And you can solo the whole game. Every single quest in MH can be done solo, with practice. Some of the other things you listed are just realism. Hitting something with a sword enough times will make it dull and you'll have to sharpen it (don't ask why you have to sharpen a hammer though). When a dragon five times your size tramples over you, I would suspect it would interrupt your attack.

Oh well. Monster Hunter has always had a love it or hate it attitude towards it. There never seems to be a middle ground.
Message 34 of 37 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Feb 26, 2013
Like I said: RO, GEB, LoA, PSO are MH for softcores. MH is almost like a sim which makes having to worry about every minute detail a most challenging and gratifying experience. That's not to take away from the others, just that MH is the hardcore experience~.
Message 35 of 37 (141 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1033 posts

Feb 26, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
Like I said: RO, GEB, LoA, PSO are MH for softcores. MH is almost like a sim which makes having to worry about every minute detail a most challenging and gratifying experience. That's not to take away from the others, just that MH is the hardcore experience~.

the hell are you saying phantasy star on dreamcast was monster hunter berfore monster hunter came out.

Message 36 of 37 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2536 posts

Feb 27, 2013
PSO was Sega's version of Diablo. If anything, Diablo ia the father of Monster Hunting. Each franchise refined the genre in its own way but the one that does it the best is MH~.
Message 37 of 37 (116 Views)
0 Likes