Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 19 2012
By: Talgron Splicer 66 posts

Two Worlds 2 Velvet GOTY Warning

28 replies 877 views Edited Dec 19, 2012

With Two Worlds 2 being $5 for Plus members, I just thought I would mention the Defence DLC can't be played as there is no way to access it in game. The Defence DLC is a separate download you get with the game download. From what I could find the reason why it can't be played is becuase the Defence DLC is the UK/EU version and is not compatible with the US version. This apparently was overlooked and never fixed. Now don't get me wrong I like the game and $5 is an out right steal but I just thought I would mention this. It's still worth it cause your still getting everything else, the expansion and the 4 extra multiplayer maps, just don't plan on playing the Defence DLC.

Message 1 of 29 (877 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Two Worlds 2 Velvet GOTY Warning

Dec 19, 2012
I suggest you PM Morgan about this, so hopefully this can get corrected...
Message 2 of 29 (874 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Thanks for the suggestion. I sent him a message.

Message 3 of 29 (846 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
381 posts

Dec 24, 2012
I tried the 1 hour trial for this game but I couldn't stand the motion blur and frame rate so I decided not to get it.
Message 4 of 29 (713 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Dec 24, 2012
I think that you can open the counsel controls and turn off the blur. I read about it but never tried it.
Message 5 of 29 (708 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Dec 26, 2012

To anybody whos recently purchased this game off psn, can you find the Defense DLC anywhere in the game? It's suppose to be in the multiplayer menu. I've searched through every game type and every option looking for it but I can't find it. Some other guy told me it was with the 4 DLC maps but it's not. I did message Morgan but he never replied. I just wanna know i'm not the only person who can't find this dang dlc. If what I said in my first post is the problem then please just remove it from the PS store, if no one can play it why is it even there?

Message 6 of 29 (671 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Dec 27, 2012

... bump ... to see if a mod will swoop in an spend a few mins offering a response ...

Message 7 of 29 (620 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5660 posts

Dec 27, 2012

On a unrelated note, is the game good enough for a purchase?

Message 8 of 29 (608 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Dec 27, 2012

I'm also interested ... metacritic gives the PS3 version a 70 (same as the user ratings), so it must be average.  For $5, it may actually be worth a purchase if you have nothing else to turn to right now ...

Message 9 of 29 (603 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Dec 27, 2012

It's decent, some what like Skyrim. This game has it's share of glitches too though. The controls can be a little stiff and everything seems a tad confusing at first with the way the menu works and how you set up spells but you get use to it. It has an open world and the game plays out as you do quests like Skyrim. In the story your only allowed to be a male human but in multiplayer you can be any race or gender. Multiplayer is basically some maps called adventures and you play those maps and do what the npc's tell you to do, it also has the typical deathmatch and capture the flag stuff. 

Overall it's average, if you had to chose between this game and Skyrim, I say pick Skyrim but for $5 even with the games flaws it's an incredible steal. You get the game, the expansion, and the multiplayer DLC which is just 4 maps and you also get Defense DLC but you know, it's not anywhere in game. If there's a time trial or demo try that first, oh and one major gripe I have is it's way to dang hard to play instruments, playing anything but a drum is like guitar hero on steroids. Drums is the only thing I can play.

Message 10 of 29 (583 Views)
0 Likes