Splicer
61 posts

Re: Twisted Metal Crashes my PS3!

Feb 15, 2012

I just beat the brothers grimm with sweet tooth and its stuck, nothing but backgound noise. PS button doesn't work, no loading to the next level.

Message 11 of 64 (717 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 15, 2012

The rebuild or restore doesn't fix it for me. I called sony and they said they haven't received any calls or know of any problems with the game shutting down and that it's my system and that just because it's just "Twisted Metal" that's causing a shut down doesn't mean that it's not a problem with my system and that it could start happening to my other games, which is bullshit, they don't have a fix, so I need to pay them more money to tweek a system that is "broken'? Not happening.

Message 12 of 64 (717 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 15, 2012

My launch 20gb PS3 is also doing this. The demo did it as well and so I went to gamestop to retract my pre-order, but the guy insisted that it was strictly a demo bug. He said he could retract my preorder if I really wanted, but no game company would release a final product with something that major wrong with it... apparently he was wrong.

To be honest im rather pissed that this issue seems to have affected a lot of PS3s, but yet I cant find anything saying "yes we know about it, and yes we are working on it" which makes me assume that they just dont care. ESP has never let me down in the past, but I just cant help thinking that this game was just rushed out with a complete lack of testing. Im sure the game is awesome as hell, but I wouldnt know since I cant even get a single match (online or off) to work before it powers off.

Its really sad that the people who get screwed over by things like this the most are the biggest fans who are most excited about new games and actually preorder them. By the time the "I guess ill get it since its only 20 bucks" people get games, they are completely patched and run like nothing was ever wrong.

Message 13 of 64 (717 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Feb 15, 2012

All you players should be put in jail for driving your ps3s badly, if you cant drive your ps3 then you should have your ps3 drivers licenses taken away   Stop crashing into things while driving your ps3....

Message 14 of 64 (717 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
760 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Mine froze just after installing the patch. I had to do a hard shut down to restart the system and then I kept getting network errors and haven't been able to play online. Hasn't frozen again though.

Photobucket
Message 15 of 64 (717 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 15, 2012

@DarnedNut/Azimus

Gotta love those constructive comments! Because that's a good way to help solve a problem, by mocking and down-playing it. Please keep your snide comments for places like Blizzard forums, some of us are monitoring these threads for potential solutions or news regarding these bugs. Thanks.

Message 16 of 64 (717 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Feb 15, 2012

I experienced these issues with the demo on my launch 60GB model.  It crashes the system anywhere from seconds to a couple of minutes after booting the game up.  This is the only game that I have this bug with.

As a warning to those experiencing the bug, repeated crashes can and will corrupt your data!  Don't try reproducing the crash.  For now I'm trying to notify the developers/Jaffe to no avail.  Anybody had any luck?

Anybody who experienced this issue in the demo not getting it in the retail version?

Message 17 of 64 (717 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 15, 2012

I have an old ps3 too, and the same thing is happening to me

Message 18 of 64 (717 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
259 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Basically all the newer games made for PS3 alot of the older models cant handle them so they over heat and have issues my original 60 gig died 2 summers ago I had to get a slim and I dont have any issues with any newer games like the older models do so people with older models should be putting away money to save for a slim sad but thats how its going these days RIP OLDER PHAT MODELS

Message 19 of 64 (717 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Feb 15, 2012

I have no issues with new games other than Twisted Metal.  This is the only game that I am experiencing this issue with.

Message 20 of 64 (717 Views)
0 Likes