Sackboy
438 posts

Re: Twisted Metal: Black Redeem Code ....

Feb 26, 2013
Well, you guys are 54 weeks late lolol.
Message 11 of 26 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
674 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Haven't had a chance to call them up yet. Anyone find out anything?

Message 12 of 26 (497 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Feb 27, 2013

No I didnt call. I am assuming it will go something like this "Hey, my online code and Twisted Metal Black Code are not working for the game I JUST bought." "Oh, sorry sir, the codes have expired. You can buy a new one on the PSN store." Something like that anyway.

I will probably call on the weekend.

Message 13 of 26 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Feb 27, 2013
You being able to contact someone on the weekend is very slim to none. Buying the game at $30 with the online pass code invalid is really not bad. Most of us paid the $60 at first and got our pass code so an additional $10 is still cheaper than what we paid. If I was you I would play bots on twisted to get the feel of online first. There is some serious pros in this game so lots of practice is needed.
Message 14 of 26 (483 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Wow Biglsfan...

Do you work for Sony? Because you sound just like the **bleep** I just got on the Sony CS line, regurgitating the same BS he spewed and tried to pawn off as "help".

I had the same issue as the OP, and just got off the phone with Sony. Exactly as expected "Sorry sir, those codes are expired, you can purchase a new online pass on the PSN for $9.99"...

W. T. F.

Why would I pay a dime for a code that should be included in a new retail copy of the game?

Now, here's the full story: After I purchased the game last week, I tried the code to find out it was "wrong". I called their CS line, and spoke with a very friendly, very helpful individual who asked me to provide a copy of my receipt along with photos of the codes. I did that, and she told me they would be replaced within 4 business days.

Brings us to today: No codes, so I called back, just to get the aforementioned **bleep** who gave me the "buy a new code and you're still up money" line.

Now, when I bought the game, my friend bought it as well. He got a regular edition, I got the special. His online pass works, mine's stuffed. It's a BS practice.

To top it off, Sony makes the money off these passes, not the developers. So what gives? They could easily generate a new code and replace it for free, but then they're out money.

Anyway, at the end of the day, sounds like the only resolution is to shell out more money to rebuy things that should already be in the game.

FU online passes, and a bigger FU to Sony.

Pathetic.

Message 15 of 26 (468 Views)
Sackboy
438 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Sony Santa Monica is aware of this as of today, hopefully they will get it fixed.
Message 16 of 26 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
674 posts

Feb 28, 2013

TVcasualty42 wrote:

Wow Biglsfan...

Do you work for Sony? Because you sound just like the **bleep** I just got on the Sony CS line, regurgitating the same BS he spewed and tried to pawn off as "help".

I had the same issue as the OP, and just got off the phone with Sony. Exactly as expected "Sorry sir, those codes are expired, you can purchase a new online pass on the PSN for $9.99"...

W. T. F.

Why would I pay a dime for a code that should be included in a new retail copy of the game?

Now, here's the full story: After I purchased the game last week, I tried the code to find out it was "wrong". I called their CS line, and spoke with a very friendly, very helpful individual who asked me to provide a copy of my receipt along with photos of the codes. I did that, and she told me they would be replaced within 4 business days.

Brings us to today: No codes, so I called back, just to get the aforementioned **bleep** who gave me the "buy a new code and you're still up money" line.

Now, when I bought the game, my friend bought it as well. He got a regular edition, I got the special. His online pass works, mine's stuffed. It's a BS practice.

To top it off, Sony makes the money off these passes, not the developers. So what gives? They could easily generate a new code and replace it for free, but then they're out money.

Anyway, at the end of the day, sounds like the only resolution is to shell out more money to rebuy things that should already be in the game.

FU online passes, and a bigger FU to Sony.

Pathetic.

Well that's pretty stupid. 

Message 17 of 26 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
674 posts

Feb 28, 2013

TrollAidz22 wrote:
Sony Santa Monica is aware of this as of today, hopefully they will get it fixed.

Where did you see that?

Message 18 of 26 (461 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Beyond stupid. The funniest part of the conversation was when the CS idiot tried to tell me to contact the developer... which is Sony Santa Monica.

"Facepalm"... they don't even know how to fix issues with their own products.
Message 19 of 26 (456 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Thinking he made it up? When your name is TrollAidz... not much chance you're giving good info...

If I'm wrong I apologize. But I doubt I am.

Message 20 of 26 (453 Views)
0 Likes