Sep 23 2013
By: BrisCowboy11 First Son 10 posts

Turtle Beach help

24 replies 213 views Edited Sep 23, 2013

Hey Y'all I'm looking to upgrade to a better headset for gaming sound and chat quality, and I am stuck between the P11 and PX3. Does anyone have any insight on which would be the better choice?

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less.
Message 1 of 25 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Re: Turtle Beach help

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2013

You can compare the differences at Turtle Beach's website. Go here: http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/headsets/xbox Then follow my instructions on the picture I've attached please. Yes I know I spelled compare wrong in step 2...Turtle Beach.jpg

Hope this helped!

Keep on gaming!!!
Message 2 of 25 (205 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Sep 23, 2013

Thank you for the tip! I've actually done this, just wanted to see if I could get any personal opinions from anybody that has owned/used either headset or both. Again thank you for your reply though.

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less.
Message 3 of 25 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Sep 23, 2013

I have the PX5's. Awesome headset.

Currently playing Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

60GB Fat OFW 4.50
250GB SuperSlim OFW 4.50
Message 4 of 25 (188 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Sep 23, 2013

having owned 3 different turtle beach headsets, 1 for xbox 360, 2 for ps3 (p11 & px21). they are ok headsets, pretty easy to break if you don't pay attention when putting them on and taking them off. px21's left speaker went out after a few months so i bought the p11's cause they were cheap, sold them after like 2 months to get the official ps3 wireless stereo headset, awesome headset, still have them today and never had a problem with game sound or voice chat. if you are thinking about getting the px3, for that price id say get the official ps3 headset for the same price or the new pulse ps3 headset, my brother got the pulse headset and the sound is even better on those but they cost more ($180) I have seen them on sale for $100 though.

Also if you are planning to get the ps4, the official sony ps3 head set/pulse's will be compatible with the ps4 and as of right now, i don't think turtle beachs can.

Message 5 of 25 (184 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Sep 23, 2013
Thanks alot
Message 6 of 25 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Sep 23, 2013
great sound quality?
Message 7 of 25 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Sep 23, 2013

yeah, awesome sound, they both have a master volume slider and a voice/game sound slider ( louder voice/less game or vice versa)

idk if you have a fry's electronics but the fry's in oregon are having a sale on both headsets, original - $80, pulse- $99

Message 8 of 25 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2867 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2013

I used to use the PX21 with the DSS which worked very well. Better sound field seperation with the DSS and excellent bass controls on the PX21. My bass control knob broke after about a year due to my own drunken self stepping on the box. The headset still works, I just can't control the bass end anymore. I use these headphones all the time to watch movies at night so I don't interupt anyones sleep.

I now use the Playstation Wireless headset for gaming. I bought them after my bass control knob broke because they were the "official" headset and they had the 7.1 surround sound built into the headset. I will say that the surround sound is impressive on the set and that they have a volume and chat control just like the turttle beach headsets do.

Both the playstation headset and the turtle beach headset will make you happy for gaming, however I will say either purchase the playstation headset that has the 7.1 surround sound emmulation built in or purchase the DSS with the turtle beach headset to get the simulated surround sound. Although neither headset will re-create true surround sound in the, they both do widen the stereo field and produce a much better gaming experience than without it. I prefer the wireless headset so I don't have to be connected all the time and thus prefer the Playstation Wireless Headset. Turtle beach does also have wireless headsets but they are significantly higher priced versus the Playstaiton brand.

Check Amazon.com before you make a purchase, they usually have excellent prices on these headsets.

=================
Photobucket
=================
Message 9 of 25 (161 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Sep 23, 2013

Thanks alot for the insight

Message 10 of 25 (154 Views)
0 Likes