Jul 21 2012
By: Ghost_Rider9000 Monster Hunter 44 posts

Turtle Beach headset

4 replies 81 views Edited Jul 21, 2012

So I play a lot of Red Dead at the moment, cause I beat everything I have and I'm waiting for new games, and was wondering which of these headsets is the better one? Both are from Turtle Beach. i've heard that they make great headsets.

PX21

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/ps3-turtle-beach-px21-headset/75204

PBT

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/accessories/turtle-beach-ear-force-pbt-bluetooth-communicator/84519

Both have mixed reviews and I don't want to waste my cash on some cheap headset. 

need help deciding.

Message 1 of 5 (81 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16320 posts

Re: Turtle Beach headset

Jul 21, 2012

Turtle Beach is known for cheap headsets.

I've had my fair share of experiences with TB headsets and they are FRAGILE.

I gave the PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset a shot and I love them. $80-100 (depending on where you get them from) is a great price for them and they take a beating.

The extendable boom-mic is a bit on the flimsy side, but even dropping it by accident ON the mic a few tiimes, and it never broke or came apart or became loose.

Every headset manufacturer touts "True 5.1/7.1 surround sound" etc etc and all sorts of gimmicky audio processing and an obscene number of drivers aka speakers in the headset itself. Most of them are a waste.

Unless you're a Professional Gamer aka Make a living by playing video games, you have no need to pay attention to gimmicks like that.

The PS3 headset, IMO, is the best. AND it feels very light so its almost like you're not wearing anything

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 2 of 5 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jul 21, 2012

Turtle beach from what i've heard makes some decent headsets. My opinion though would be to go with a wireless headset. Plantronics is one of the best ones to go with (You can use their bluetooth headset) Glad to know Sony at least allows any bluetooth headset to work with the ps3 unlike some other cheap-stake company that makes their mic port only allow certain headsets and ignores the others (even if the'yre 2.5mm connectable)

Message 3 of 5 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jul 21, 2012

Forgot to mention that although the Turtles give you a nice bass sound to hear, it's not good for the ears.

Message 4 of 5 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Jul 21, 2012

See that's what I'm afraid of. Spending a good amount of cash for a headset that will break easy or some flaw 

what would be a good headset that is not that expensive. $100 bucks would be too much IMHO. Don't believe I'd be willing to spend that much. 

Message 5 of 5 (59 Views)
0 Likes