Jan 18 2010
By: Freiss Treasure Hunter 5432 posts

Trying to register PS3 Slim

5 replies 30 views Edited Jan 18, 2010

I tried searching the fourms for an answer but everything is from back in the day with the old, fat style PS3's and it seems their issues were resolved. It seems im having the same trouble they did with their PS3 as i am with my new PS3 Slim.

I just bought a new PS3 Slim 250gb about a week ago and i tried to register the product but every time i try, i get this error message:

"We're sorry. We were unable to process your request. Please try again"

Any ideas? I've been trying for a couple days now, and i tried clearing all my cookies, cache, ect... also tried on FireFox as well as Internet Explorer... no luck

Photobucket
Message 1 of 6 (30 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Re: Trying to register PS3 Slim

Aug 7, 2010

I'm having the same problem.

Message 2 of 6 (30 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Aug 7, 2010

Got it to work by leaving off everything after the first hyphen.

Message 3 of 6 (30 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Aug 7, 2010

strange, i didnt have any problems registering mine, i also have the ps3 slim 250 G

Message 4 of 6 (30 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 28, 2011

I may have found a way to register the PS3 Slim. I have just got mine registered about 30 minutes before this post. It might not it might work on your version but it's worth a shot. It is a bit more compicated than you think so I understand if you don't get it right at first. Here's how:

When you are at the screen do not type in CGxxxxxxxxx-CECH-2001A. Instead, use CGxxxxxxxxn- replacing the last number before the dash with the letter n instead (that's how a lot of us got thrown off because Sony has mistakenly misplaced a letter instead of putting the number there where it belong) and put the dash - at the end with nothing else added( EX: Don't type CG888888888-, but type CG88888888N- instead).

How I found out about it? I try the barcode that was on the back of the PS3 and the pro-reg screen didn't take it, so I have look at the message boards like this one and some people said don't use CGxxxxxxxxx-CECH-2001A but use CGxxxxxxxxx- instead. I try that and that didn't worked. So I got the orginial package (It is very important that you don't trow away the PS3 box when you brought it) and look at the barcode at the bottom of the box. There are 3 barcodes stacked on top of each other. Top with P-00000000-F, middle with S00-0000000-N and bottom with CG000000000.

I was curious when the CGxxxxxxxxx-CECH-2001A I type didn't worked and the system said don't forget the barcode. So I got the box and try those 3 and it still wouldn't accept it. So I notice that both numbers on the middle and the bottom are almost the same saved for the 0 insead of the G and the letter N instead of the number 0. So I was thinking "Let's see what happens if I use this last letter on the middle barcode and switch it with the last number in the bottom" and I type in CGxxxxxxxxN- this time using the N that was in the middle barcode instead of the last number in the bottom and I was surprise that it took it.

If you still have the box, check on the middle S00-0000000-N first to make sure that the last letter is corret because I don't know if those barcodes are different from box to box but use the letter N as the last digit before the -. Hopefully this might help solve the problem.

Message 5 of 6 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Mar 28, 2011

hey guys,

Great forum and I am looking forward to contributing.

I first wanted to share a new website I found that totally works and is a great legit way to get free playstatation network cards.

http://www.freeplaystationnetwork.info

this site is 100% free. No bank info or credit card is ever needed, you just have to be 13 years of age.

Enjoy guys =)

Message 6 of 6 (30 Views)
0 Likes