Dec 01 2012
By: MysticPat First Son 21 posts

Trying to locate and buy back my first vita bundle

8 replies 480 views Edited Dec 1, 2012

S/N DC144024511 AT&T bundle w/8 GB memory card

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I'm writing on this forum along with posted on youtube my plea to hopefully buyback the ps vita with serial number listed above, because I purchased the 69.99 2-yr w/accidental coverage and its non transferable and linked to my gmail psn account. I'm not asking anyone to be a private eye; just that if they come across or own this system, then I'd like to see about reacquiring it...Otherwise I threw away $70 dollars, and all because I decided I needed the cash and traded into gamestop x2. Please only reply if serious in helping...I do not need replies outside of constructive criticism

Message 1 of 9 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: Trying to locate and buy back my first vita bundle

Dec 1, 2012
You don't need any constructive criticism...but you're gonna get it anyways.
Message 2 of 9 (447 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Dec 1, 2012

I got an idea. You can tell them that you trading it in was an accident. Then maybe they will replace your unit. Rinse, repeat. Infinite money.

Message 3 of 9 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2249 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Have you tried contacting Sony support? Tell them you wanted to get a new Vita and you just wanted to transfer the warranty to a new Vita. Usually this type of thing can only be done/handled by the manufacturer anyway. I'd say your Vita is probably long gone now, the only option you have now is to plead your case with support after you get a new one.

Message 4 of 9 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Dec 1, 2012

MysticPat wrote:

I'd like to see about reacquiring it...Otherwise I threw away $70 dollars, and all because I decided I needed the cash and traded into gamestop x2. Please only reply if serious in helping...I do not need replies outside of constructive criticism

When you sold it to gamestop, you got x dollars. For gamestop to profit, it has to sell it for x dollars + a markup amount. They probably sold it for $200. The buyer probably won't sell it to you for anything less than what he bought it for unless he needs money and is tired of it. I suppose you have nothing to lose by trying to find it to buy it back, but I'd say your $70 is gone. You can also try what the other guy suggested in appealing to customer service to transfer the 2 year accidental coverage to your new Vita. But don't get your hopes up too high.

Message 5 of 9 (344 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 1, 2012
The last I checked GameStop does sell used 3G Vitas for $200. If they haven't sold it, you can likely buy it back...
Message 6 of 9 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6822 posts

Dec 1, 2012

MysticPat wrote:

S/N DC144024511 AT&T bundle w/8 GB memory card

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I'm writing on this forum along with posted on youtube my plea to hopefully buyback the ps vita with serial number listed above, because I purchased the 69.99 2-yr w/accidental coverage and its non transferable and linked to my gmail psn account. I'm not asking anyone to be a private eye; just that if they come across or own this system, then I'd like to see about reacquiring it...Otherwise I threw away $70 dollars, and all because I decided I needed the cash and traded into gamestop x2. Please only reply if serious in helping...I do not need replies outside of constructive criticism

your trying to buy it back after you sold it correct.   what you need to do is go back to where you sold it at and with a recept and  tell them you changed your mind  and you like repurchase the  item it was sold out of out error . You will  have  to pay a fee to recieve the item. if  the reciept say all sales final . Your out of luck  But you hve to  be quick  about like 24-48hrs same day type of  thing if has  been 30 days or w/e.. i dont think  insurance  is refundable, only thing you can do for insurance is cancel.

Sorry for your lost.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 7 of 9 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 2, 2012

When you trade something into GameStop, you sign a document giving them the right to sell your item and that the trade is final. So I believe your only option is to buy back the same unit at the store you traded it in. I think the probability that it sold is low, since I think more people are interested in the Vita bundles that are for sale..

Message 8 of 9 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

When you trade something into GameStop, you sign a document giving them the right to sell your item and that the trade is final. So I believe your only option is to buy back the same unit at the store you traded it in. I think the probability that it sold is low, since I think more people are interested in the Vita bundles that are for sale..

Yeah, I'd have to agree with the Dolphin. I worked there for two years, and once you sign the the digital signature pad, the sale is final. It sucks, but the company has to make sure it's final before they can sell any product they take in. While they can't just give it to you for the same price, you can repurchase it if they still have it, and that's why I always stressed the importance of being sure a customer wants to tade in. Good luck though; I hope you find it. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9 (281 Views)
0 Likes