Wastelander
758 posts

Re: Try to be critical of the Vita

Nov 30, 2011

I agree wit all these except #7 .  For being next gen 39.99 seems high but the downloads will be less hopefully. 39.99 is what some psp games cost.  There are a lot of games that are short ( I'm really hoping that uncharted isn't one of them ) But if they launch more rpg games like monster hunter length will be alot better.  I've got about 100 hrs in MHFU and I really havn't even scratched the surface. 

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Nov 30, 2011

submission44 wrote:

I agree wit all these except #7 .  For being next gen 39.99 seems high but the downloads will be less hopefully. 39.99 is what some psp games cost.  There are a lot of games that are short ( I'm really hoping that uncharted isn't one of them ) But if they launch more rpg games like monster hunter length will be alot better.  I've got about 100 hrs in MHFU and I really havn't even scratched the surface. 

With most game companies they some how think that the newer generation of system means a bigger price tag for their games. well if they didnt price the games so high and lower the price tag then more ppl might buy the games then pirate them. also game stores might stop trying to sell used copies of the games as well. Point is how many copies of the games do developers want to get in the hands of the gamers. Selling more copies at a lower price that satisfies the customers is more of a win win situation. But as we constantly see they are stuck at the point of we spent many X dollars on creating the product and we need fast big cash to feel paid back. I feel developers are not taking in account the economic situations of many of their customers and how many more sales they can get if they just lower the price to reach more ppl that are willing to pay the money for the game.

For example, the parents pay for most of the games. If the games are close to 40-50 bucks, well little Timmy will not be getting the games till the parents get enough cash after the bills are paid. If the games are closer to 25-40 bucks then there might be a better chance of a sale and between 10-30 dollar range there is a better bet ppl will buy the games and reaches more ppl willing to buy the product.

As i said in my post earlier, I want my moneys worth in the games i pay for. Im not spending $50+ for a game im going to finish in a few hours or few days. Just like with any game be it for my phone/tablet/handheld/console i will head to what ever device fits my budget the best to fill my gaming needs.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8821 posts

Nov 30, 2011

the parents pay for most of the games. If the games are close to 40-50 bucks: If you can't afford that then you got way more serious problems then little Timmy's gaming needs. I'm not saying you personally but in general

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Nov 30, 2011

eaglefan129 wrote:

the parents pay for most of the games. If the games are close to 40-50 bucks: If you can't afford that then you got way more serious problems then little Timmy's gaming needs. I'm not saying you personally but in general

Well im an old fart that is not married or have kids, I can go out to buy games for myself and all, but i have other responsabilities that take more precident as in bills first, food second, and entertainment in last place. This is more taxing on parents with kids or young adults that are still in school/collage. Ether way there are some things that take more priority before gaming needs and paying for games as high as $50-$60 for is a big hit to anyones budget and says choices have to be made, some good or bad. The bad is pirating the product, the good is hoping the games would be lower in price to be happy to get it legally and in more quantaty.

But then again i will be buying the collecters edition of SW:TOR at a whooping $160 or what ever its going for because i desided that is the game im chosing to play with for the next few months. But for my smaller gaming fix on the go i will be glad to stick with the cheaper phone games i currently find as entertaining as most gaming handhelds offer.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8821 posts

Nov 30, 2011

Naquiel wrote:

eaglefan129 wrote:

Well im an old fart that is not married or have kids, I can go out to buy games for myself and all, but i have other responsabilities that take more precident as in bills first, food second, and entertainment in last place. This is more taxing on parents with kids or young adults that are still in school/collage. Ether way there are some things that take more priority before gaming needs and paying for games as high as $50-$60 for is a big hit to anyones budget and says choices have to be made, some good or bad. The bad is pirating the product, the good is hoping the games would be lower in price to be happy to get it legally and in more quantaty.

But then again i will be buying the collecters edition of SW:TOR at a whooping $160 or what ever its going for because i desided that is the game im chosing to play with for the next few months. But for my smaller gaming fix on the go i will be glad to stick with the cheaper phone games i currently find as entertaining as most gaming handhelds offer.

My dad buys games but I don't ask for a lot (I only asked for 4 games this year and for bday/holiday I pre-ordered the Vita and a couple of games to go with it) I'm in college so my end of the bargain is to do well in school. I know when its okay to ask and when not to but I rarely ask for things.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Nov 30, 2011

@Naquiel I have a question for you why do you think ps vita games will cost $50-$60? when everything indicates ps vita games will cost $40 max. since the ps vita games new cost the same as psp games new In Japan. also how the ps vita is cheaper to develop for then the psp.

only way I could see it costing more is when they make a game 8 gig or higher. right now though they are all $40 max, and we know that uncharted golden abyss is a 4 gig game. so it does show signs that it could cost more in the 8 gig range and up.   (these prices would be for usa btw.)

also since the ps vita will not have fixed prices the prices for the games all are not going to be in the $40 range. I do agree though that sometimes you cant aford a extra $50-$60 price tag on top of bills. does not mean you have to buy games all the time just when you can aford it, or one can just get ps plus. so pay $50 and just buy lots of free games.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Dec 1, 2011

eaglefan129 wrote:

Naquiel wrote:

eaglefan129 wrote:

My dad buys games but I don't ask for a lot (I only asked for 4 games this year and for bday/holiday I pre-ordered the Vita and a couple of games to go with it) I'm in college so my end of the bargain is to do well in school. I know when its okay to ask and when not to but I rarely ask for things.

Just wait till your out of school and on your own and you have to pay for many things, you will find games at the bottom of the list. Taking care of rent, the car, food, and other things, Sometimes those game apps on your phone look better ever day from a price point of view. Granted i have 2 psp's (Soon to be 1 since im sending off one to a friend in the hospital due to him having a stroke, games are a way for him to practice hand-eye cordination) i only bought 2 psp games this year because they intrerested me, but i bought 13 games for my phone which add up to about the same amount i payed for my psp games. Im not saying the phone games are perfect, but they help fill in the gaps that im missing from the many psp games i like to play and am restricted on getting due to budget.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Dec 1, 2011

Incagneto wrote:

@Naquiel I have a question for you why do you think ps vita games will cost $50-$60? when everything indicates ps vita games will cost $40 max. since the ps vita games new cost the same as psp games new In Japan. also how the ps vita is cheaper to develop for then the psp.

only way I could see it costing more is when they make a game 8 gig or higher. right now though they are all $40 max, and we know that uncharted golden abyss is a 4 gig game. so it does show signs that it could cost more in the 8 gig range and up.   (these prices would be for usa btw.)

also since the ps vita will not have fixed prices the prices for the games all are not going to be in the $40 range. I do agree though that sometimes you cant aford a extra $50-$60 price tag on top of bills. does not mean you have to buy games all the time just when you can aford it, or one can just get ps plus. so pay $50 and just buy lots of free games.

Even at $40, im not to thrilled to paying that much for a game that will mostly only last a few hours/days to play. Im a hardcore gamer, most games i play are done really fast. Like for example the myst games. Most ppl would take weeks or months to finish them, i was able to finish then in a few days because i know the games and how developers make them to a point they dont last long. I like RPG's mostly because it take many hours/days to play them where i feel i get my moneys worth. But playing games like GOW chains of olyimpus where a let down because i finished them in little over a day in normal and hard settings.

I rather spend that $40 on many small cheap games that will keep me entertained for a long time. Also since i do buy lots of games, i dont always buy launch titles much and wait for prices to go down. But still paying a price for a game that is not worth it is just not worth it. Granted that sony is trying to adjust pricing to match the upcoming games that are coming out, but really where are they going to get the data to say that a game should be priced lower based on how the game is. I have seen some AAA games that are total junk and some new games that did great.

Just like for the ps3 and my psp's, i only buy what i feel is worth getting and is within my price budget. Like others i tend to check out the games first from demos and vids and game reviews befor paying the money even if the games are $40. Im just saying from experiance that when ever a new system comes out, the games tend to jump up another $5-$10 because of new hardware that goes with it. I remember a time when AAA titels where not more then $25-$30 for a console game. But really the games should not be jumping up in price because a new system comes out. Prices of games should be lower to reach everyone and low enough so ppl can buy more of the games instead of less. Even the game companies complain when their launched game doesnt sell well or not many copies are sold because they forget that there are many other games out there to chose from and the price being high forces ppl to chose one game over another. Sony and the game developers need to be more open and sell the games for cheaper to sell more at a price ppl will be more comfortable to buy 2 0r 3 games at a time instead of just one.

Its like me and movies at the theater, I will only see maybe 2-3 movies at a theater a year because i feel the prices are just stupid. Most of the other time i just wait for the movie to come on cable or netflix to watch it. Point is game companies and most entertaiment companies want the short time profits over long term gains which is getting to a point of driving alot of customers away to other sources of entertainment/content.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Dec 1, 2011

@Naquiel Im sure then you will be fine with playstation suite. since the games there would be maybe anywhere from $4-$1.only a guess though since the inde devs can pick the price they feel it is worth. they also have said if you wanted to you could put free to play games there as well. not like how the psp was on there mini games. also ps suite will have none game apps as well there.

sorry about your friend.

ill say this I'm in a different boat then you I have less stuff I do less. I have more fun with my handheld gaming then I do with my pc gaming. I do not have a ps3 , xbox360, wii or even a tv to play it all on. I also do not want any of them either. I'm just a different kind of gamer then you are.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8821 posts

Dec 1, 2011

Naquiel wrote:

eaglefan129 wrote:

Naquiel wrote:

eaglefan129 wrote:

Just wait till your out of school and on your own and you have to pay for many things, you will find games at the bottom of the list. Taking care of rent, the car, food, and other things, Sometimes those game apps on your phone look better ever day from a price point of view. Granted i have 2 psp's (Soon to be 1 since im sending off one to a friend in the hospital due to him having a stroke, games are a way for him to practice hand-eye cordination) i only bought 2 psp games this year because they intrerested me, but i bought 13 games for my phone which add up to about the same amount i payed for my psp games. Im not saying the phone games are perfect, but they help fill in the gaps that im missing from the many psp games i like to play and am restricted on getting due to budget.

hell I know that's why I'm enjoying as much freedom as I can before shit hits the fan

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 27 (2 Views)
0 Likes