Jul 18 2010
By: Alexius92 Uncharted Territory 2124 posts

Truth about PSN+

49 replies 693 views Edited Jul 18, 2010

Here's a few facts about PSN+ that are good to know

What Sony is aiming for:

direct your purchases

attract new members by giving extremely small discounts, free avatars, free games every month, beta testing access which was free before (wohoo lol),

Pressure tactics (to keep you paying) if you don't keep paying your PSN+ membership they will take away

- The free games you received over time

- The avatars they gave you

they give away products that doesn't sell anymore because they're either very old or not very good. (worthless to them) Literally handpicked by Sony.

but if you like the games they give out and you haven't purchased them already (the good ones you probably already have) it might be a win barely.

If you want it for the discounts it's a no go. Your discounts won't make it worth while unless you let them highly direct your purchases and that's not a win win. You will still buy the good stuff you actually like for the full price if you have to.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 50 (693 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10300 posts

Re: Truth about PSN+

Jul 18, 2010

Alexius92 wrote:

Thoughts?

not really your responsibility to tell people how they should spend their money and decide for them

relax, if someone finds plus worth the money, it has no bearing on you.

let them buy what they want and let them game the way they want.

Message 2 of 50 (693 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2124 posts

Jul 18, 2010

Absinthetic wrote:

Alexius92 wrote:

Thoughts?

not really your responsibility to tell people how they should spend their money and decide for them

relax, if someone finds plus worth the money, it has no bearing on you.

let them buy what they want and let them game the way they want.

True. Just tellin people to reconsider since it's not necessary a bargain for everybody as Sony makes it seem..

Message 3 of 50 (693 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1038 posts

Jul 18, 2010

Thank the Lord that Alexius is here to deliver the truth to the ignorant masses!!!

Although you might not consider it a bargain, others do.  It may be a shock to you, but you are not the center of the world and we do not all follow your viewpoints.

Message 4 of 50 (693 Views)
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Jul 18, 2010

gettinmoney662 wrote:

Thank the Lord that Alexius is here to deliver the truth to the ignorant masses!!!

Although you might not consider it a bargain, others do.  It may be a shock to you, but you are not the center of the world and we do not all follow your viewpoints.

I second that..

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/sig/clean4/ps3/JCat007x.png
Message 5 of 50 (693 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jul 18, 2010
And I will defend Alexius92 here because all he is doing is telling the "masses" the truth and "buyer beware" if he is not allowed to do that? than by all means join the right wing censorship Board at (insert name here) and complain when people are telling the truth as you simply don't agree with it.

I just wish he would have posted this before I spent my $50.00 on Plus. So thanks Alexius92, hope others see this before they hit "purchase now"! For those who think they got a great deal, please by all means enumerate exactly why you did and tell the "masses" why it is a great deal...........something we have not sen so far...............
Photobucket
Message 6 of 50 (693 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Jul 18, 2010

Do you stand in Best Buy and try to get people to buy what you think is good or a bargain???

PS+ is $50 for the whole damn year I for one am sick of all the people who feel  they must provide a public service to other ps3 owners and warn us off how to spend our money.

The deal is very easy to understand thank you, I am a grown adult iwho is capable of looking at the section in the store seeing what I get for this month alone, taking into account that I already own wipeout but that with the cuboid and warhawk dlc which are games I enjoy playing but had not purchased dlc I am onto a winner for my $50 for the year if this is the 1st month...o sorry I got an extra 3 monts too. So as long as I get to enjoy about $4 of content a month over the next 15 I will have invested wisely.

Seriously if it does not appeal to you as a purchase, SHUT UP and go prowl the Best Buy aisles for people to harrass safe in the knowledge that many of us who have already have PS+ will enjoy month after month of content and if we don't we able to decide for ourselves if we renew next year.

Message 7 of 50 (693 Views)
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jul 18, 2010
Wow Mab, never was I sarcastic in my reply nor did I tell anyone that purchasing he Plus service made them idiots but you come along and tell me to SHUT UP and NOT complain about not being happy about my purchase of Plus.

Listen if you are happy? Then by all means enjoy the show and I hope that I will eat my own words in a few months or so when and if they improve but for Pete Sakes, let us who are not happy and who warn those who have not made up their minds about it voice our warnings without being told to "frig off and die!

Like I said give me a detailed explanation like the OP on what it is that makes this purchase so far and in the first 3 weeks of it's start worth it and warrant you spending the $50.00. That is all I am asking and yet not one person has been able to do it (except paid for IGN)..

Ads you I am allowed to voice my concerts about my purchase, all I did was agree with why it has been wasted as the OP has listed, so please reciprocate with the contrary politely and explicitly. And I do hope that one day I will eat my own words?
Photobucket
Message 8 of 50 (693 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10300 posts

Jul 19, 2010

radic202 wrote:

Like I said give me a detailed explanation like the OP on what it is that makes this purchase so far and in the first 3 weeks of it's start worth it and warrant you spending the $50.00. That is all I am asking and yet not one person has been able to do it (except paid for IGN)..

except that the OP didn't give you a detailed explanation.  he gave you heavily skewed view point so that it paints a negative image, not an objective one that may actually be helpful to someone on the fence about spending their money on it.

skewing it in this way isnt as anymore helpful than someone saying ZOMG PSN+ is TEH AWESOMEZZ

Message 9 of 50 (693 Views)
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jul 19, 2010

Absinthetic wrote:

radic202 wrote:

except that the OP didn't give you a detailed explanation.  he gave you heavily skewed view point so that it paints a negative image, not an objective one that may actually be helpful to someone on the fence about spending their money on it.

skewing it in this way isnt as anymore helpful than someone saying ZOMG PSN+ is TEH AWESOMEZZ

I stand corrected then!

Photobucket
Message 10 of 50 (693 Views)
0 Likes