Jan 10 2013
By: one23zane321 First Son 2 posts

Trouble downloading a game using Media Go

1 replies 115 views Edited Jan 10, 2013

I'm having trouble downloading a game from the Playstation Store for my PSP. Here's as much information I can give you at the time:

I'm using the latest version of Media Go

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with and i3 processor and 8GB RAM
    I'm using custom firmware on my PSP, but can change it back whenever if necessary
    The game I want to download is Final Fantasy 8
    I downloaded it a while ago elsewhere from where I am now, and have since lost it and want it back (I have already paid for it)
    I'm using the latest version of Avast antivirus (free)

Every time I click on the download link, it gives me the error "An error occured during the download operation: 8004810B". It doesn't even start downloading. I've browsed forums looking for an answer, and nothing seems to work. I have tried the following:

Turning my computer off and on again
    Uninstalling and reinstalling Media Go
    Disabling my antivirus protection
    Allowing Media Go through my firewall

I am currently using a public internet connection at the local library (Wi-Fi).

Does anyone have any solutions? Could it be something to do with the fact that I am using Wi-Fi? Is there another way to get the game? Or is there some other solution that I haven't tried that anyone can recommend? Please help.

Message 1 of 2 (115 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: Trouble downloading a game using Media Go

Feb 24, 2013

I just got off the phone with Sony about this error (well not really it was more like 8 hours ago!)  Sony didn't have any information associated with this error code.  She told me to reset my modem, and my router.  If that didn't help she said to connect my PC directly into the router to relieve any "network latency".  I understand you cannot do any of this (well you could but you might get hit quietly with a book as you jump over some rail to get back into a server room or something) but what you can do is download them directly from your PSP.  I know what you are thinking....... Slow as all heck! If you have "backup my purchases enabled in Media Go, you then can delete some of the stuff off your memory stick after Media Go syncs everything. Then making a complete backup.

BTW: That is what I am doing right now (no really like right now!)

Message 2 of 2 (67 Views)
0 Likes