Feb 24 2013
By: epolsean First Son 9 posts

Trophy Remover Option

[ Edited ]
17 replies 380 views Edited Feb 24, 2013

Okay I know people are thinking it and there may be posts on this already but I just need to throw this out there.

Have you ever let played a game that you are ashamed of?

Has someone played on your account with a game you don't like?

Or have you ever wanted to feel the thrill of getting an old trophy again?

Well I think it is about time that the PS3 get the Trophy remover function, to remove those ugly scars or just to bring back an old challenge.

Now I know some of you are thinking well if someone got on your account and put those trophies there in the first place what is to stop them from removing your dear trophies you spent so long on?  Well that is easy with a password protect, if they are able to get through that, well maybe you should have better friends or a better password.

What I am just trying to say is that I want this bad because of some incidents that I couldn't control, (siblings).  With a little security you should be able to keep this feature safe from people trashing your account.  So if we could get a bunch of replies on this post showing the desire for this feature, who knows, maybe it will be in a new patch!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (380 Views)
VP of Gaming
27912 posts

Re: Trophy Remover Option

Feb 24, 2013

epolsean wrote:

Okay I know people are thinking it and there may be posts on this already but I just need to throw this out there.

Has someone played on your account with a game you don't like?

Well I think it is about time that the PS3 get the Trophy remover function, to remove those ugly scars or just to bring back an old challenge.

Now I know some of you are thinking well if someone got on your account and put those trophies there in the first place what is to stop them from removing your dear trophies you spent so long on?  Well that is easy with a password protect, if they are able to get through that, well maybe you should have better friends or a better password.

What I am just trying to say is that I want this bad because of some incidents that I couldn't control, (siblings).  With a little security you should be able to keep this feature safe from people trashing your account.  So if we could get a bunch of replies on this post showing the desire for this feature, who knows, maybe it will be in a new patch!

This is a topc that has been discussed many many times on these Forums & every now & again, like now, it rears it's 'ugly' head.

You can pop over to the PS Blogshare website & vote it up if you want to, maybe one day the option will be introduced, but I doubt it.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

Personally I can't see what all the fuss is about, so there's a few games on my list that hav 0% 0r 1%, I don't care, it happens.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (364 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5174 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Not sure I'd every feel "ashamed" of playing a game - it's just not that important in the grand scheme of things.  Wouldn't mind having the option to remove 0% games from the list, but not a big deal at all.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Feb 24, 2013

No, honestly if trophy completion of games displayed on your psn profile really bothers you that much then you need to rethink what the whole purpose to why video games were made in the first place. Yeah I can get why you and many other people who've posted similar topics can get a little OCD about trophies and such, but you also have to take a step back and realize that you're playing a video game, so what if you have 0% in a game or your siblings decided to play Hannah Montana. It's not like your PSN profile and list of trophies are displayed above your head in real life. Just saying ^-^

Though I will say that I do not paticularly care for trophies due to me losing my 1st account and not having enough time to play games as much as I use to. I can understand why you may get bugged by trophies, game completion and such.

Nuff Salad Hold the Ranch.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1313 posts

Feb 24, 2013
Did you play the Hannah Montana game..? Is that what this is about?
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (318 Views)
PlayStation MVP
46830 posts

Feb 25, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

epolsean wrote:

Has someone played on your account with a game you don't like?

Now I know some of you are thinking well if someone got on your account and put those trophies there in the first place what is to stop them from removing your dear trophies you spent so long on?  Well that is easy with a password protect, if they are able to get through that, well maybe you should have better friends or a better password.

This is a topc that has been discussed many many times on these Forums & every now & again, like now, it rears it's 'ugly' head.

You can pop over to the PS Blogshare website & vote it up if you want to, maybe one day the option will be introduced, but I doubt it.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

Personally I can't see what all the fuss is about, so there's a few games on my list that hav 0% 0r 1%, I don't care, it happens.

BRIT-KO

I would personally like this feature.  My trophy list has about 150 games in it, takes forever to load/search through, and I would love to take games like ferarri challenge and lesiure suit larry that I have 1 or no trophies in off.

However, its not the end of the world if I cant :smileytongue:

Great link!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (285 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 27, 2013

No I don't have that game on my account and it isn't based off of that, I just know there is a lot of people wanting this feature and I thought it would be nice to post it to the Playstation Network Forums where most suggest for the systems are posted, as far as I know.  I know this is a heavily talked about subject to the point it is sickening but if you think about it the feature isn't that hard to program or integrate into the system, it would really add more to the system, and, to be completely honest, it would shut up tons of whining people because of their accounts not being the way they want it.  Yes, I know I am the one that started this post but I didn't do it out of frustration of my account, I did it to try and help people, to get the word out you see.  I do not mean any offense to anybody out there, I just don't like it when I post something and it instantly gets attacked by people before taking in all the facts, this is just a suggest of something lots of people say they want.  I hope that we can get past this phase and use this post for what I intended for, discussing the cons and pros of this feature, suggest more for this feature, so on.  I thank you for your participation in this little survey post of mine.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (260 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 27, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Thank you for positive reply, yes we all can live without it, as we currently are, and I have no quarrels with your statement.  As I intended this to be a nice discussion of the pros and cons and how everyone feels about this feature your post fits my idea for what kind of replies I was hoping for.  Thank you for the creative criticism.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (258 Views)
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Feb 27, 2013
well i just wish that Sony give us a choose if we want to use trophies or not.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Feb 27, 2013
I've done this before. Are you people missing something? Or am I just.. GIFTED?
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (246 Views)
0 Likes