Dec 06 2013
By: Malinkadink Splicer 54 posts

Trophy Hunting coming to an end for me

42 replies 603 views Edited Dec 6, 2013

I used to like getting trophies cause it usually didnt feel like a chore and it was mostly fun and gave a game way more value for me since i put way more hours into it to get that platinum, now though I've been playing Knack, and i finished it on hard and theres a trophy for very hard after beating hard which would be okay with me to do, but then theres a bunch of trophies totally luck based the ones where you need to get the crystal relics from the chests to unlock different knacks and getting the more rare relics like diamon (10 of them) is so tedious and annoying, for some it can come quick others so slow, what am i supposed to do just continue running through the game hoping to get these things and get my last few trophies or do the farming method and put stress on my ps4's disk drive having to reboot the game every time a chest spits out something i dont want.

I can understand skill based trophies but pure RNG luck? come on... doesn't help that im somewhat of a perfectionist so i like to see 100% in my trophy list and on a side note i have Assassin's creed black flag almost platted just need online trophies but then theres DLC trophies that arent out yet that will keep it from showing 100% and instead at 80% or something so it like would force me to buy the dlc to keep it consistent.

Guess i'll need to get over it which i can and will eventually and play console games purely for fun and mostly only 1st party games. Anyone else feel similarly with regards to trophies? I need to crawl back to PC gaming where theres no such achievement/trophy nonsense for every single game Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 43 (603 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1209 posts

Re: Trophy Hunting coming to an end for me

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2013

Malinkadink wrote:

I used to like getting trophies cause it usually didnt feel like a chore and it was mostly fun and gave a game way more value for me since i put way more hours into it to get that platinum, now though I've been playing Knack, and i finished it on hard and theres a trophy for very hard after beating hard which would be okay with me to do, but then theres a bunch of trophies totally luck based the ones where you need to get the crystal relics from the chests to unlock different knacks and getting the more rare relics like diamon (10 of them) is so tedious and annoying, for some it can come quick others so slow, what am i supposed to do just continue running through the game hoping to get these things and get my last few trophies or do the farming method and put stress on my ps4's disk drive having to reboot the game every time a chest spits out something i dont want.

I can understand skill based trophies but pure RNG luck? come on... doesn't help that im somewhat of a perfectionist so i like to see 100% in my trophy list and on a side note i have Assassin's creed black flag almost platted just need online trophies but then theres DLC trophies that arent out yet that will keep it from showing 100% and instead at 80% or something so it like would force me to buy the dlc to keep it consistent.

Guess i'll need to get over it which i can and will eventually and play console games purely for fun and mostly only 1st party games. Anyone else feel similarly with regards to trophies? I need to crawl back to PC gaming where theres no such achievement/trophy nonsense for every single game Smiley Tongue

Trophies are supposed to be tedious and annoying.

You must not use Steam.

Message 2 of 43 (593 Views)
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Dec 6, 2013
Ether give up or try harder, don't be a mop. Up your skill and put forth a solution to get what you want. You want trophie's? Use google and youtube like I do. I play game's for fun and trophie's for me ether get unlocked or they don't. A trophy doesn't show my skill level, it does show a detication to the completion of the game.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 3 of 43 (591 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Dec 6, 2013

As a fellow OCD-ridden perfectionist, I completely empathize with you.

Though my trophy percentage is less than 50%, I'm turning over a new leaf for PS4 - I'm trying to get 100% on all the games I get (except F2P games, those are a drag and usually require you to spend money). So I understand your desire to maintain 100% trophies on all your games.

Regarding the DLC? I hate that too. When people skim through your trophies, they'll see 80-90% rather than the glorious 100%. I bet Sony will make an update for the PS4 to include DLC seperately, so don't worry about this. It will most likely get changed.

Those random, luck-based trophies? I've never really encountered too many myself - or at least they weren't nearly as bad as they sound in Knack. Alas, fellow trophy-hunter, this is part of the responsibility that comes with our title. There's easy-to-plat games, and then there's those improbable trophies that make you have second thoughts (like Knack in your case).

Don't be swayed by the difficulty of Knack's trophies. All it means is that once you do platinum the game, it'll be that much more rewarding for you. Good luck, and here's to an exciting generation of trophy-hunting.

PS:   In b4 "Trophy hunters are idiots, they are pointless"

Message 4 of 43 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4028 posts

Dec 6, 2013

Malinkadink wrote:

I really don't bother with them. Games are supposed to be about fun, not trophies. The way some of them are set up is kind of ridiculous. Besides the RNG luck concept, some of them encouraged cooperating to cheat the system. D4D in Modnation Racers and H4H and P4P in LBP(2).

To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step. - Sonic CD Japanese front cover
Message 5 of 43 (577 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Dec 6, 2013

BURRITO26A wrote:

Malinkadink wrote:

Trophies are supposed to be tedious and annoying.

You must not use Steam.

I use steam, and i know there are achievements for those games but those never made me feel like i had to have them, no one really cares on pc about that stuff much and no one is gonna look at your profile and compare achievements its just an afterthought 

Message 6 of 43 (575 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28528 posts

Dec 6, 2013

So let me get this straight; the standard gamer complaint for the last two years has been "hey man, games totally are totally too totally short... totally". Now that a system has been added that awards  you a virtual achievement that is deliberately by design, time consuming, and the intention of which is to prolong the life of a game by rewarding skillful and seemingly difficult accomplishments, now games are too long and tedious?

Message 7 of 43 (572 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3167 posts

Dec 6, 2013

Did you just make a new account or is this your first PSN account? You only played 5 games, plated 1 and now your calling quits? Right now I'm playing Dead Space 2 on Hardcore mode and that really sucks, you get three saves, if you die you can only continue from your last safe and enemies kill you in 1-2 hits. I ain't quiting.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 8 of 43 (569 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Dec 6, 2013
You can have 100% today and tomorrow a dlc can be released and you will no longer have 100%.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 9 of 43 (564 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Dec 6, 2013

GIONAScm2 wrote:

As a fellow OCD-ridden perfectionist, I completely empathize with you.

Though my trophy percentage is less than 50%, I'm turning over a new leaf for PS4 - I'm trying to get 100% on all the games I get (except F2P games, those are a drag and usually require you to spend money). So I understand your desire to maintain 100% trophies on all your games.

Regarding the DLC? I hate that too. When people skim through your trophies, they'll see 80-90% rather than the glorious 100%. I bet Sony will make an update for the PS4 to include DLC seperately, so don't worry about this. It will most likely get changed.

Those random, luck-based trophies? I've never really encountered too many myself - or at least they weren't nearly as bad as they sound in Knack. Alas, fellow trophy-hunter, this is part of the responsibility that comes with our title. There's easy-to-plat games, and then there's those improbable trophies that make you have second thoughts (like Knack in your case).

Don't be swayed by the difficulty of Knack's trophies. All it means is that once you do platinum the game, it'll be that much more rewarding for you. Good luck, and here's to an exciting generation of trophy-hunting.

PS:   In b4 "Trophy hunters are idiots, they are pointless"

I wont platinum it i give up lol i'm going to just play games for fun and not spend hours upon hours to get 1 trophy after already beating the game and getting my monies worth like that, I'd rather do something more productive with those hours in real life lol, after it stops being fun theres a problem imo 

Message 10 of 43 (557 Views)
0 Likes