Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
47537 posts

Re: Trophies

May 9, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

It would be nice if I could erase few 0% off my trophy list. 

But anyway, does the "ching" bother you? It's one of the best sounds in the world. 

I'm on board with that, or the 1% 2% games that I played for 30 min and was like "yuck I hate this game"

To the guy in the first post, you can set your trophies to offline only if you want, at least that way you don't have to worry about trophies syncing when you check people's profiles.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 30 (170 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

May 9, 2013
I don't get why would you want to disable trophies if you don't care about them anyway. Don't see the point.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 30 (158 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013
I would like to have the option to turn off trophies. I'm getting a lot more out of Genji: Days of the Blade which doesn't have trophies than I have many newer games that have them.

Trophies to me are completely pointless. They tend to ruin the aspect of not knowing how far in a game you are if you're playing a game that has stage based trophies.

I play a game for immersion and overall enjoyment. If I get a trophy that pops up after completing a stage or beating a boss, it snaps me out of the immersion that I had in the game. This happened all the time in Duke Nukem Forever. I was totally into the game, and killed the first overlord (awesome nutshot for the win) and a trophy pops up and completely drew me out of the game. It distracted me from what I was playing, and that is what drew me out of the immersion.

If trophies could be disabled, I would get drawn into so many more games, and I would get so much more out of them. I'm holding back on playing inFamous because of the trophies drawing me out of my immersion experience.
My PSN
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 30 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2484 posts

May 10, 2013

I'd like to have the ability to delete trophies from my profile, there's some games I rented that I will not go back to and I would like to get rid of them

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 30 (141 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24166 posts

May 10, 2013

This AGAIN??

Tell you what guys. You can have the ability to turn and delete trophies on the same day I get the two hours back that I spend watching Caddyshack 2.

Guess what? Neither one ain't happening.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 30 (139 Views)
PlayStation MVP
28079 posts

May 10, 2013

I just don't understand why people would want to turn trophies off. It's not like the trophy pop up message is intrusive or interrupts game play. Is a *Ding* and two second message really worth the time and trouble? 

Then again, the trophy sound is my text message alarm so what do I know? :smileyvery-happy: 

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 30 (131 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4059 posts

May 10, 2013

I like that you can't remove 0% games from your trophy list. It shows A) I played this game -- and -- B) I didn't care enough about it to keep playing it.

Plus, I used to catch one of my buddies lying all the time. Him: "Oh, I beat that game." Me: "Your trophies say otherwise."

And then he would confess. :smileytongue:

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 30 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

May 10, 2013

what are trophies?

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 30 (118 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

May 10, 2013
They're pointless rewards you get in games for doing things in games. They could be for completing levels, getting X amount of kills with a weapon, playing ranked matches online, creating rooms for online games, things like that.
My PSN
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 30 (116 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

May 10, 2013
It's no different than getting achievements on an Xbox. The only difference is that trophies look better.

As Gr3ryGh0st said, you suck at trolling so you might want to stop. It's not helping. I'll go ahead and set up the trollers anonymous meeting for you.
My PSN
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 30 (111 Views)
0 Likes