Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Re: Trophies

May 10, 2013
Not trolling, yet you made a spam thread that I just reported. I'll be sure to send you a welcome to the banned zone card when the mods have had enough of you.
My PSN
Message 21 of 30 (136 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15582 posts

May 10, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
Not trolling, yet you made a spam thread that I just reported. I'll be sure to send you a welcome to the banned zone card when the mods have had enough of you.

Aaaaannnnddd he's banned.

Look at his profile. You can't view any of his posts, probably cause they're also deleted

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 22 of 30 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

May 10, 2013

Trophies ahhh trophies. I like the idea of trophies and the friendly competitions that they bring about.  Some people absolutely LOVE those trophies.  Not something I care to much for personallly. I don't have a single platinum. I play a game for it's fun factor not it's completion factor.

Even though I don't care so much for the trophy system I think it is fine as is.  Being able to remove a <5% trophy feature would be nice but certainly not something I'm concerned with not will lose sleep over.  Even if I only played a game just long enough to decide that I didn't like it. If I provide someone with feedback on it at a later date and they want to dispute that I "never even played the game" becuase it's not on my list. I can direct them to my trophy list to prove that I have. Which has happened.

I get why some people wanna see a 0% trophy removed. You like to see only what you have completed, the accomplishment of that. Even if it is just a game, no one wants to look like a quitter :smileywink:

Message 23 of 30 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
242 posts

May 10, 2013
Seriously why? Trophies were the Hamster on Wheel effect added to console gaming that helped me break my MMO habit and get back to consoles. Honestly i love the idea so much that consoles/handhelds like 3DS/Wii-U that have no comparable equal hold zero of my interest now.
PlayStation 4
Playstation 3
3DSXL Cosmo Black
Vita 2000 (Slim) Black Borderlands 2 bundle
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU6bsOtsK8T5BA1zTZ1458g
Owner of LiquidEvilGaming Youtube channel
@LiquidEvilGames Twitter
Message 24 of 30 (115 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

May 10, 2013
As I've posted in the dozens of other threads made about this topic, the reasonable solution out there would be for Sony to allow us to "hide" our trophies from our trophies list so that "we" don't have to see them. The trophies themselves, however, are not removed form the Sony systems and if somebody were to look at your trophy list, they would see ALL of them when doing a comparison. But if you are OCD, like I am, you would be able to hide away those low% trophies form the Trophy List on your PS3 so that you wouldn't have to see them.

When you play mulitiple iterations of the same game (Like MLB The Show in my case), you wind up having a bunch of titles in there with little or no trophy progress that you have to scroll through to get to the current version of the game you are playing. It would be nice to hide them from MY own view, but I would not agree in hiding them from everybody else's view of my trophy list.
Message 25 of 30 (105 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
14334 posts

May 10, 2013

Jdurg wrote:
As I've posted in the dozens of other threads made about this topic, the reasonable solution out there would be for Sony to allow us to "hide" our trophies from our trophies list so that "we" don't have to see them. The trophies themselves, however, are not removed form the Sony systems and if somebody were to look at your trophy list, they would see ALL of them when doing a comparison. But if you are OCD, like I am, you would be able to hide away those low% trophies form the Trophy List on your PS3 so that you wouldn't have to see them.

When you play mulitiple iterations of the same game (Like MLB The Show in my case), you wind up having a bunch of titles in there with little or no trophy progress that you have to scroll through to get to the current version of the game you are playing. It would be nice to hide them from MY own view, but I would not agree in hiding them from everybody else's view of my trophy list.

Just don't look at them. It's not hard.

I know a spell that will make you show your true form; cave rat taught it to me.

Fabulous!
Message 26 of 30 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

May 14, 2013
Wow! I enjoyed the feedback, as it was actually not expected! Um... I love the "bling" or "ching" sound of course! I may just be a trophy hunter but select games... No worries! I do embrace the trophies and my collection! Of course! Some game do not need them and some games I kind want to be able to complete (Mercenaries 2) but EA will not do it! It is sort of off putting. Oh well! Red Dead Redemption anyone? Lol
Message 27 of 30 (82 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

May 14, 2013
I like to get totally immersed in a game. The appearance of the trophy notification and sound effect completely ruin this for me. If I'm playing Skyrim, and I'm hunting dragons, I don't want a trophy to distract me from my adventures. This is where trophies become a hassle for me more than anything else.
My PSN
Message 28 of 30 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
566 posts

May 14, 2013
I love unexpected trophies. Like you're playing Killzone 2 and you defeat Radec after a really hard fight in the most hard difficulty and out pops a trophy for defeating him in under 15 minutes. The sense of accomplishment you get is unparalleled.
Message 29 of 30 (72 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

May 14, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

Jdurg wrote:

Just don't look at them. It's not hard.

Not so easy if you have a long list of games and there being no real way to sort the orders in which the trophies are displayed.  It becomes a real pain in the butt to dig through multiple iterations of the same series of games on your trophy list.

A question I now have for you is why are you opposed to this option of being able to sort/hide trophies on your own system, but still have them viewable to others?

Message 30 of 30 (58 Views)
0 Likes