Highlighted
Aug 12 2012
By: o3to16 First Son 1 posts

Trophies

8 replies 99 views Edited Aug 12, 2012

Wouldn't it be cool if they released a patch for trophies support for psp games that were downloaded to the ps vita

Message 1 of 9 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1388 posts

Re: Trophies

Aug 12, 2012
NO!
Message 2 of 9 (98 Views)
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Aug 12, 2012

uhh tah will never happen.  1.  It would be up to each individual developer to patch their games seperatley

and 2.  Im pretty sure that it is not possible even if they wanted to because PSP games dont support trophies.  So sony would have to patch psp emulator on the vita to allow trophies, and then the game would have to be patched by the devs. 

Not to mention they would actually have to do work and come up with the trophies for each game even though they would gain no extra money for such old games.

Message 3 of 9 (91 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4200 posts

Aug 12, 2012

I don't think that such a good idea, i'm pretty sure most of us don't have our PSP games anymore & one u play a Vita game its kinda hard to go back to the PSP, I kno one I got my PS3 I couldn't really play to many PS2 games cuz of them being outdated & I stopped caring for my PSP once the PS3 got trophies

facebook.com/gamer316
Message 4 of 9 (84 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7263 posts

Aug 12, 2012

gamer_316 wrote:

I don't think that such a good idea, i'm pretty sure most of us don't have our PSP games anymore & one u play a Vita game its kinda hard to go back to the PSP, I kno one I got my PS3 I couldn't really play to many PS2 games cuz of them being outdated & I stopped caring for my PSP once the PS3 got trophies

i feel the same way you do but i had to admit i played God of War 2 on my ps3, in fact God of War 2 was the second game i plyed on my ps3 because there was only Resistance Fall of Man and nothing else to play at launch, i think a week or 2 later after i bought God of War 2 i bought Motorstorm ( which came out the same month as God of war2).  but i've never played a ps2 disc game on my ps3, i have played collections though. 

Message 5 of 9 (61 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3153 posts

Aug 12, 2012
There's still ps3 games that don't have trophies. Resistance fall of man is one of them. The devs said they won't make a trophy update because the games old. So that a no go since it cost devs money to release patches and updates.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 6 of 9 (55 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11254 posts

Aug 12, 2012

gamer_316 wrote:

There are a couple of PSP UMD games that I refuse to part with. Breath of Fire III, FF IV The Complete Collection, God of War: Chains of Olympus. Since buying my Vita I have picked up 3 PSP games: Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle, Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and Persona 3 Portable. I didn't get very far into PB. I just couldn't get into it. But the other 2 are great games even though they are old games. I still play PS 1 titles as well from time to time.

I don't know if it's because I"ve been gaming so long that I can easily play old games or if it's just how I am. But I will agree that I don't want Trophies added to any PS 1, PS 2 or PSP games that are out, are coming out, or might come out in the future. I don't game for Trophies. I game for the experience. Trophies are just a minor feature that I could do without.

Message 7 of 9 (41 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11254 posts

Aug 12, 2012

deaofly wrote:
There's still ps3 games that don't have trophies. Resistance fall of man is one of them. The devs said they won't make a trophy update because the games old. So that a no go since it cost devs money to release patches and updates.

There are a lot of great games without Trophy support, including older PS 3 games. People are missing out on some great experiences if they allow Trophies to dictate what games they buy. Resistance: Fall of Man is a great game.

Message 8 of 9 (40 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3153 posts

Aug 12, 2012
I agree , I find alot of games I personally like while others go only for ratings. Just because one person doesn't like it doesn't mean you won't ether.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 9 of 9 (31 Views)
0 Likes