Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Re: Trophies need value!

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2012

Um. Sony already gives me rewards every month. Why do they need to do more again? The Xbox rewards program is in no way comparable to PS+. My Xbox gamerscore is almost 60000, which is over the Legendary status and I can Care less about what thay are going to give me because I know Its going to suck. Dont be so selfish and enjoy what PS+ already gives you.

Message 11 of 16 (103 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
990 posts

Oct 2, 2012
did you even read my last two posts?
Message 12 of 16 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1860 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

I somewhat agree with the OP, but I don't say it should be as blatant as "WE PLAY GAMES GIVE US STUFF". The way I see it, when Sony launched the trophy system that was pretty much it. You'll occasionally see a blog post about them but nothing more. Most people (like myself) who are interested in collecting them have to go to other sites who have set up unofficial lists or leaderboards with only a fraction of PSN members on them. Why? Microsoft have supported the hell out of achievements. Why doesn't Sony do the same? All they have set up is a rudimentary, clunky interface for comparing trophies with friends on the site which is already possible on the PS3.

I thought the business-side of trophies was to get gamers to keep games longer, buy more DLC for compeltionists sake, and buy more games which in turn will get gamers more trophies. That works if a lot of people care about them. Start getting more people to care about trophies Sony. Set up some kind of basic reward system, even if it's just free avatars or somehing. Setup an official, PSN-wide leaderboard. The more of a push you give trophies, the more people will be interested, and the more people will buy games/DLC. Right now only a small fraction of PS3 gamers care, especially compared to the number of 360 gamers who care about achievements. 

Message 13 of 16 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Sony gives us free internet service unlike the Xbox, they can keep their 2% off coupon. All you get with trophies are bragging rights, be content with that. Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 16 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 4, 2012
I think that Sony will bring back their rewards program that they tried out last year, because it provides an added incentive to play the games and to earn trophies...
Message 15 of 16 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

That Xbox rewards program is a JOKE. 1% or 2% cashback??? $0.25 bday gift??? This is for GOLD members only too...nothing for Silver. Its almost insulting.

My cheaper PS+ sub gives me free games EVERY WEEK, discounts galore, and free gifts all the time.

PS+ continues to embarass Gold. Keep it up Sony!

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
I think that Sony will bring back their rewards program that they tried out last year, because it provides an added incentive to play the games and to earn trophies...
What was the program?

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed III, Ni No Kuni
Want to play: Tales of Xillia, inFAMOUS Second Son!
Message 16 of 16 (43 Views)